Headphones you regretted buying the most
Jan 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #1,201 of 1,852
Shure SRH 940.

Nobassatall.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #1,202 of 1,852
Quote:
Brainwavz B2. They don't sound bad, just not the signature I was looking for. Way too harsh, no energy, and no bass.

Funny, cause when I got my B2 I thought the same, almost sold them. Gave them another shot a while later now I love them, don't find them harsh, definitely have enough bass and energy for me! Very analytical though, which I like.

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #1,205 of 1,852
Quote:
I've read a fairly large portion of this thread, and it seems that the HD595 and K701 get a LOT of hate.

This concerns me, because I had the HD598, and have the Q701, and between those two stands most of my experience with high-end cans. Is there something I'm missing?

The HD598's (as well as the HD558's) are actually pretty good budget headphones for music listening and gaming, sounds nothing like the HD555/595's which are of lesser grade in sound quality.

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #1,206 of 1,852
This might be a bit too obvious but Beats Studio.

The problem with Beats is the ratio of quality/price. You can get better headphones for half the price and I would discourage anyone who's thinking about picking them up. Unfortunately, it's much harder to justify buying a different set when you already have them, especially when you're on a budget. So either I manage to find the perfect headphones for me for under €150 (which is harder than it looks) or I'm stuck with Beats because paying a total of €450 for a pair of headphones you don't use and a pair that's only slightly better seems like a waste.

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #1,207 of 1,852
Quote:

The HD598's (as well as the HD558's) are actually pretty good budget headphones for music listening and gaming, sounds nothing like the HD555/595's which are of lesser grade in sound quality.

There was a time, the hd595 was so much praised. Off course, it always sounds better !
rolleyes.gif

The issue is either or not you enjoy your headphone, despite being praised, popular, "grade", well known brand, price etc...
There's taste, expectation bias, and not everyone has same ear.

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #1,208 of 1,852
Actually there was never a time when the HD595 was that much praised; I know because I used to defend it. It was usually accused of being "boring", though I found it very balanced and neutral, and still do. Certainly better than the 598 IMHO.

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #1,210 of 1,852
Quote:
There was a time, the hd595 was so much praised. Off course, it always sounds better !
rolleyes.gif

The issue is either or not you enjoy your headphone, despite being praised, popular, "grade", well known brand, price etc...
There's taste, expectation bias, and not everyone has same ear.

I don't remember the HD595 being hyped but I do remember the HD555's hyped and people recommending them almost in every thread and also removing that foam disc in the driver housing.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #1,211 of 1,852
Quote:
Actually there was never a time when the HD595 was that much praised;

Oh really ?
You just have to read the first posts of the hd595 appreciation thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/130229/sennheiser-hd595-appreciation-thread
Few quotes:
"the 595s are extremely incredible for their price" (nabwong)
"I love my 595s, everything sounds great, from bass heavy techno, to laid back matthew florianz ambient" ( Svperstar).
People raving as usual.
And I remind they were advised to every newbie coming here.
So off course lot of people were disappointed , because lot of people bought them, thanks to hype.
Now suddenly, because the hd598 was released, actually the hd595 doesn't sound that great.

Quote:
I found it very balanced and neutral

But they can be neutral, balanced AND boring
wink.gif
(oh, that veil).

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,212 of 1,852
The only full size headphones I would say I regret would be a set of Bose Triports. It is not what you are thinking though. After a breakin period of 100+ hours, they sound great. My only complaint is they don't fit over my ears. I have large ears and they are sapposed to be over ears. I have to wear them on ear. outside of that, they are great. But since I got my AKG K240 MKII, they just sit. 

If there is a in ear post like this over in their section, I have a number I can post about.

Bill

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #1,213 of 1,852
Quote:
I've read a fairly large portion of this thread, and it seems that the HD595 and K701 get a LOT of hate.

This concerns me, because I had the HD598, and have the Q701, and between those two stands most of my experience with high-end cans. Is there something I'm missing?

i noticed the exact same thing too, and also since the HD598 and the Q701 get a rather good amount of praise here. makes me wonder what the HD595 and K701 really sound like (haven't heard all except the HD598)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back