Headphones you regretted buying the most
Apr 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #1,036 of 1,852

Quote:
Believe it or not, headphone that I regretted buying is LCD2, sound quality is amazing on this headphone but I rarely use it due to comfort. It's extremely uncomfortable after few minutes. I learn that the best headphone (for me) is the one I can wear for a long period of time. :)

Have you bended the headband to make it not so clamping? Mine were REALLY uncomfortable at first but after the bending I can barely notice them and I wear them now like 5h straight with no discomfort. :)

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #1,037 of 1,852

Quote:
Believe it or not, headphone that I regretted buying is LCD2, sound quality is amazing on this headphone but I rarely use it due to comfort. It's extremely uncomfortable after few minutes. I learn that the best headphone (for me) is the one I can wear for a long period of time. :)

Have you bended the headband to make it not so clamping? Mine were REALLY uncomfortable at first but after the bending I can barely notice them and I wear them now like 5h straight with no discomfort. :)

Yes, I tried everything. The problem with LCD2 is that the yoke is not in center which is creating the frontal clamping.

:frowning2:

Believe me, I bend the headband for good 5 to 10 minutes and stretch my neck and do little neck exercise before wearing LCD2. It helps a bit :)

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #1,039 of 1,852

Quote:
Bose triport.. Plastic Headband broke on me within a month..

Hi, I agree they break very easily. Have you tried to contact them? I contacted them and they replace mine no questions asked, I don't even think they asked for a receipt. It happened twice, and the second time they said they were better made and it didn't break anymore in that position (it broke in another position after a yound child dropped it though :))

I just thought I would point that out, that to Bose credit at least they resolved it immediately without question which was nice customer support in my opinion.

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #1,040 of 1,852
Apr 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #1,041 of 1,852

Quote:
LOl you regret 2 high standard headphones , cant imagine the ones you dont regret !

regret the HD650 (Silver-Screen version) and K701.

Never regreted the K240s.

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #1,042 of 1,852
Quote:
I am in the same boat as you, I use Denon AH-D7000 more than any headphones that I have.

I agree, D7000 bass is really something.  I wish to have D7000 one day.  It's the most open sounded closed headphone I've ever tried.

Quote:
I really hope Denon makes D7000 successor, :)

Looking at the trend, it will probably cost 2.5K

Quote:
I also regret a purchase for comfort reasons.
UE 700 is the one and I suspect all IEMs will make me regret to buy.

2 days ago when I used ue700 to listen Mozart's sinfonia concertante E flat, at the begining of 2nd movment (mainly viola), it sounds like $5 earbuds or AM radio quality. How can a highly regarded IEM act like that? Regret.

Glad I have company
biggrin.gif
  so I know that my hearing is not wrong.

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #1,043 of 1,852
SoundMagic PL50, they were supposed to sound greate and be very comfortable but they sound very boring and no bass + they dont stay in my ear no matter I tried :frowning2:

May 3, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #1,046 of 1,852
SoundMagic PL50, they were supposed to sound greate and be very comfortable but they sound very boring and no bass + they dont stay in my ear no matter I tried :frowning2:

That actually sounds like a fit issue more than a sound-quality issue. I've had that happen to me, too; IEMs that get rave reviews and sound like crap out of the box because they don't fit properly.

I even had an issue with my UE600s when using the stock tips. They'd sound great worn down but terrible when worn over the ear. I switched to the comply foam tips and now they sound the same both ways and are one of my favorite IEMs. The more I get into them, the more I realize how finicky IEMs are in that regard.

May 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #1,047 of 1,852
Some Turtle Beach true 5.1 headphones paid double what they where worth cause I bought them at a retail store.  I remember trying them against some cheap iem my cousin had and they sounded worse them those for music.  Weren't very comfortable and broke after just a couple of months.  Also some plantronics headset uncomfortable,mediocre sound quality and broke within a few months as well.

May 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #1,048 of 1,852
Sennheiser pxc 450

May 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #1,050 of 1,852
Quote:

I second that, they're definitely not worth the price.

I can't stand them for more than 2 minutes, mids are painful.

Fit is really an issue with them also.

A $10 earbud is a HD800 next to this piece of s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back