Headphones you regretted buying the most
Feb 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #527 of 1,852
I got the Logitech G35 off ebay for £40 and all I can say is thank god I only spent £40. That hunk of junk was relisted on ebay less than 3 days after purchase. Silver lining is that I made a slight profit on the resale 
wink_face.gif

Feb 19, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #528 of 1,852
Grado Sr225i. Between being recently unemployed and already having Ad900 I shouldn't have been looking in the first place honestly, but I bit anyway. I was completely let down with how they sounded to be completely honest.

Feb 19, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #529 of 1,852
What's so bad about the Logitech G35's?

I probably spent £100+ on cheap headphones, so all of those are ones I regret buying. Although cheap headphones do help people get into the headphone world and probably help them buy something that they will enjoy without wasting money.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #532 of 1,852
Quote:

Reason? LOL

I dont use them, i got bored of the sound too soon. I like my denon HP700 better, and sennHD 25 are pretty much the portables by choice in my bag.
They feel kind of slow with metal, shouldnt have buy them, but i thought i could replace the denons but no luck.
They also look ugly. :D

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #535 of 1,852

These guys.

They actually managed to be painful in multiple ways! The sound took tinny to a new level, and the clips felt like some form of archaic torture device. They give earclip phones a bad name!

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #536 of 1,852
M50 and Sennheiser HD448. I'm with the guy up there ^. Boring sound on the M50's, not enough bass. I had all these noobs telling me how big the bass is. Oh how I am annoyed with how much the M50's are recommended, regardless of what the buyer is looking for. Cnet said the HD448's were the best for $100 or lower. They said the bass "decent'... ha, more like non-existent. Take the boringness of the M50's and multiply it by 100, that's the HD448.

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #537 of 1,852
I have only had one that I really loathed and hated... Koss Spark Plug. Ugh! Those things were horrible. The sound was subpar, but that wasn't the thing that infuriated me most... They had this little mute button... and I liked wearing my cord under my shirt... so my messenger bag would ALWAYS press it and cut off the music! I really really hated those. When they died the first thing I did was cut out that blasted button and smash it with a hammer!

You know... now that I think of it... that is what motivated me to get the ATH-EC7... Not the greatest phone and I certainly don't regret getting them for the price that I paid... But without the Spark Plug driving me mad and leading me into getting more expensive phones... I'd never have gotten into AT and by extension all the other companies.

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #538 of 1,852

Quote:
I have only had one that I really loathed and hated... Koss Spark Plug. Ugh! Those things were horrible. The sound was subpar, but that wasn't the thing that infuriated me most... They had this little mute button... and I liked wearing my cord under my shirt... so my messenger bag would ALWAYS press it and cut off the music! I really really hated those. When they died the first thing I did was cut out that blasted button and smash it with a hammer!

You know... now that I think of it... that is what motivated me to get the ATH-EC7... Not the greatest phone and I certainly don't regret getting them for the price that I paid... But without the Spark Plug driving me mad and leading me into getting more expensive phones... I'd never have gotten into AT and by extension all the other companies.

Mute button? When I owned the SPARKplugs they had no mute button.
Koss keeps changing them, though (usually for the worse
frown.gif
), so I guess it's just my luck.

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #539 of 1,852

Quote:
Mute button? When I owned the SPARKplugs they had no mute button.
Koss keeps changing them, though (usually for the worse
frown.gif
), so I guess it's just my luck.

Yup mute button. It landed right around my solar plexus, quite annoying if you ask me. It would have been better off if they made the button recessed, so that it would only be pressed when you actively pressed it. 

Here is a picture I found of it! 

The button is raised and was very easily pressed. It made me think they died several times before I realized that the button didn't need to be fully depressed to cut off sound. At least I got the satisfaction of destroying that little button!

Feb 21, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #540 of 1,852
Steelseries 5hv2, uh ..... wait, is that a headphone ? no it's a piece of crap , well i was a gamer (8 times tourney) and i wish for some good headphone (that is good for music and gaming) i read review ended up buying this crap, i wish i bought A-T product from the beginning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back