Headphones you regretted buying the most
Jan 16, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #482 of 1,852
The dog must have thought it was dog food...  Too bad the dog had to be correct :wink:

Quote:
Bose IE2's I must of had been crazy to pay 150 for those and not even after 2 months of owning them they got chewed up by my dog
triportsad.gif

Jan 16, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #483 of 1,852

Quote:
The dog must have thought it was dog food...  Too bad the dog had to be correct :wink:

Quote:
Bose IE2's I must of had been crazy to pay 150 for those and not even after 2 months of owning them they got chewed up by my dog
triportsad.gif

kudos to the audiophile dog protecting his owner.

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #485 of 1,852
My SR60i's have been collecting dust when I started to appreciate my HD555's more, thus deciding my upgrade to the HD650. Then, when I decided to listen to Modest Mouse's Lonesome Crowded West, I noticed how dark and distant it felt and I wasn't quite in the mood for that. Went to grab the SR60i's and I haven't felt like jumping around like this in such a long time.

I guess looking back, my actual regrets were buying cheap Sony monitors such as the MDR-XD100, I now use it as a lamp decoration.

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #487 of 1,852
Grado SR60i's ... I seriously don't know why these cans get recommended this often.
I'm not a Basshead (love my K701 ... which have ~plenty of Bass :D) but almost no bass is not acceptable.

The funny thing is... I did not know what people meant when they said the sr60i has no Soundstage at all.... back than I did not know what a ~Soundstage was, until I upgraded to AKG K240s ... suddenly I realised that I was missing out, it blew my mind.

So in retro perspective, Grado didn't introduce me to this hi-fi hobby, AKG did.

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #488 of 1,852

Grado SR60i's ... I seriously don't know why these cans get recommended this often.
I'm not a Basshead (love my K701 ... which have ~plenty of Bass :D) but almost no bass is not acceptable.

I know what you mean, brother.  Why do people buy these cans?  Don't they know how limited they are?  It's not as if you could mod them or anything.

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #489 of 1,852
... well you can mod other phones as well.

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #490 of 1,852
Grados take better to modding than most other headphones, their minimalist design and construction makes them pretty accessible in that sense.

..But if you don't like the Grado sound sig, then you probably won't like them even post-mods.

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #491 of 1,852
Ultrasone Edition 8.  Yes, they are very well built, isolate well and are comfortable.  But the sound in no way justifies the price.  For closed phones, the Fischer Audio FA-003, IMO, produced better sound at almost 1/8 the price of the Edition 8's.

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #492 of 1,852

Grados take better to modding than most other headphones, their minimalist design and construction makes them pretty accessible in that sense.

..But if you don't like the Grado sound sig, then you probably won't like them even post-mods.

I just don't see it.  I don't think you can mod a Grado to make it sound good.

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #493 of 1,852

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally like the HD485 even better than the HD595...the 595 is the most overrated can existing IMO.

Was really bad a few years ago, crowds of fanboys would slaughter you when you dared to criticise it. A headfi-only phenomenon, other forums have always been more realistic in respect of the HD595.

The 485 is the best set i own. Period. Every other set lets me down heavily so far ( we will see if my new Ultrasone 750s do the same in a few days, i hope not ) but for the price of the 485, you get some incredibly awesome qualities.
Its my favorite set out of everything i own, I use it daily. Immensely underrated and I am ashamed that head fiers do not accept this set as one of the best perhaps ever made.

80$ new if that
incredibly comfy, just as comfy as the expensive senns
you can wear it indefinitely and never get tired
good bass, muddy on high bass tracks but overall very nice
highs are crisp
mids lacking a bit but still great
detachable cable = win

ugh, so many great things i can say about it, almost nothing except soundstage for the 595

Agree...
but its big flaw is you can't buy it anymore =(

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #494 of 1,852
Get a hold of yourself Bilavideo! If you lose your faith in Grados you may lose your will to live! Suicide watch!

Quote:

I just don't see it.  I don't think you can mod a Grado to make it sound good.

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #495 of 1,852

Quote:

The funny thing is... I did not know what people meant when they said the sr60i has no Soundstage at all.... back than I did not know what a ~Soundstage was, until I upgraded to AKG K240s ... suddenly I realised that I was missing out, it blew my mind.

So in retro perspective, Grado didn't introduce me to this hi-fi hobby, AKG did.

you think SR60's have less bass than the K701?  yikeypoos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back