Headphones you regretted buying the most
May 16, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #316 of 1,852
ducky headphones (the ones you see at newbury comics) the quality was horrible, bought it purely as a gimmick so no big deal

May 16, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #317 of 1,852

Yeah, gimmick headphones never seem to work out that well.

May 16, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #318 of 1,852

Quote:
I regret the Skullcandy Hesh i purchased before having any real knowledge about the headphone game. They should be renamed "Skullcandy Abortion" because of how horrible they are comfort, sound signature and build quality wise. Four RMAs later and i sold the most recent ones i received back to someone i don't like, sucker.

I thought the Hesh was decently comfortable though, they are superlight. Midrange and high are not horrible either.

Jul 30, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #320 of 1,852
Just got thru trying the new grado igi. That was a SERIOUS letdown. I have a pair of 325's and owned a pair of 60's for a long while. I was expecting something of equal to the 60's and man, it makes me mad just thinking about IGI's. Had them for about an hour, and just couldn't listen to them anymore. I like grado, The 60's have no right to sound as good as they do, but so glad that they do
dt880smile.png
Not perfect, but you could always ENJOY the music. 

The IGI's were thin sounding. Even on some 24/176 music that I had on file, just didn't cut it. The little $12.00 seinheizers I had were way more enjoyable. I am sorry if this sounds like a rant against Grado, but after having the SR60's for so long and knowing how GOOD and FUN grado can sound, this was just a shock. 

Mark

Jul 30, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #321 of 1,852
Tritton Ax Pros: $190 of pure garbage. I wanted to see how good 5.1 headphones were, and the AX Pros are highly regarded in that fact. Dunno why. I hated everything about them but their good comfort.

Jul 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #323 of 1,852

Quote:
ATH-ES7

sold it in 3 days, very thin sounding, lacking of everything

Must have gotten fakes then, because they're anything but thin. O_O Lacking? Lol. They' have a deep bass impact, Grado-esque highs, and a relative fun signature.

Jul 30, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #324 of 1,852
lol Shure SE 310.. i don't even know why people say its good.. it's so expensive and very very muddy.. the low end is horrible aswell.. i like my current Klipsch Image s4 WAY better.. and its just 80 bucks.. the Shures were like 250..

Jul 30, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #325 of 1,852

Quote:
Proline 750s. Just couldn't listen to the shrill, metallic sound sig.

I would have echoed this sentiment until I did the Kees mod.  They now get as much listening time as any of my other headphones.  It's quite a transformation, and makes me wonder what the Ultrasone designers were thinking--a few tiny changes to the production line, and they could have sold a truly impressive stock headphone.

Jul 30, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #327 of 1,852

Quote:
I thought the Hesh was decently comfortable though, they are superlight. Midrange and high are not horrible either.

Nah, they are horrible uncomfortable. They squeeze that life out of your ears and have a feeling like they "barely don't fit" which is extremely obnoxious. I regret my Hesh purchase as a backup set, but they are Metallica LE so the memorabilia value was alright.

Jul 30, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #328 of 1,852
I was really hyped for the AKG K701's. 

Great cans, but didn't meet my need for 75% of my music. Lack of bass impact really turned me off to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back