Headphones you regretted buying the most
Jan 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #1,504 of 1,852
The DT880 was pretty underwhelming to me. (I succumbed to the temptation of ending the string of 1-2 word posts)

Jan 4, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #1,510 of 1,852
My biggest regret buying headphones was my first can. V-moda CrossfadeLp. I paid full price and i regret that big time. The sound for the money was just not up to par with high quality headphones. Great build quality tho.

Jan 4, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #1,511 of 1,852
Paradigm H15NC... was hoping for that promised Paradigm reference monitor sound and got boomy and bloomy instead, plus non existent noise cancellation, considerable ear pressure, and delaminated foam padding.  Just not at all expected from them, love their MilleniaOne CT system.

Jan 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #1,512 of 1,852
... oh and the biggest regretted purchase not because of the sound or comfort or build quality (they are great in all these things) but the fact that they reduced the price in half a few months later... Philips L1.  Comfortable and sound great and are built tough but why did they have to sucker me in at top dollar then totally cut the price? 
angry_face.gif

Jan 4, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #1,513 of 1,852
The Audio-Technica ATH-M30. Granted, they were 80 bucks, but MY GOD are these uncomfortable. I've been trying not to use them since day 1. They're my first monitoring pair though, and I'm gonna get a 200 buck-ish pair very soon.

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #1,515 of 1,852
  My biggest regret buying headphones was my first can. V-moda CrossfadeLp. I paid full price and i regret that big time. The sound for the money was just not up to par with high quality headphones. Great build quality tho.

I actually like these headphones for mobile use with my iPhone, they are by no means great headphones (way too bass-heavy, like Beats almost but not quite) but for the price I paid for them ($60 on Amazon Deal of the Day) they were a great value. Though at the original retail price of $250 there is no way they compare to other headphones you can get for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back