Grado Fan Club!
May 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #7,396 of 65,837
Quote:

Well, I guess you could always take up jogging 
size]

HA! Yes, I have always hated running though. I can ride all day, but running for 15minutes is not fun for me.

May 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #7,397 of 65,837
Hey guys, the rod came out of the left side earcup of my SR60i last night.

any suggestions on the best way to fix it.

I was thinking about a dab of super glue, but will wait for any other suggestions.

May 22, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #7,398 of 65,837

I was thinking about a dab of super glue, but will wait for any other suggestions.

that'll work, also email grado if your under warranty and they will send out a replacement.

May 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #7,399 of 65,837
Quote:
that'll work, also email grado if your under warranty and they will send out a replacement.

Yep, Grado's customer service is top notch. 

May 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #7,400 of 65,837
Quote:
HA! Yes, I have always hated running though. I can ride all day, but running for 15minutes is not fun for me.

lol, you and me both, brother

May 22, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #7,401 of 65,837
Quote:

I've used super glue before on my girlfriend's 60s. It worked fine and is likely a lot easier than dealing with Grado.

May 22, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #7,403 of 65,837
hi

i bought some rs2i a month ago or so as a upgrade to my sr60
and im really happy about it
i bought a  new bass recently and did some testing between my hd650 and rs2i and wow
the rs2i made my preamp sound like there was some tube involve
did some try with my old sr60 today and there was the old rattle thing going on :frowning2:
only on higher volume tho
i use to have long hair and that would happend now n then
i think that some of my old hair are still in there...
(how easy is it to open them up ? seems like its glued together..)

if anyone can have a word about mad dog modded fostex from a grado perspective i would like that
i was looking for some closed headphone and ended up with the conclusion that i just wasnt gonna find something that i like
open sound better and iem are more convenient
closed are... worst of both world ? hopefully not

May 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #7,404 of 65,837
Quote:

I have a handful of phones at a variety of different price points, and one of the great things about this hobby is that you can find something to truly enjoy at ANY entry point. I feel very fortunate to have a couple of flagship-type phones in the Grado GS1ks and the Beyer T1s, but if I couldn't swing that I could very happily live with something like my Beyer 1350s ($199 currently) or even my Grado SR80s ($99). I dont' even REALLY need an amp or DAC with either phone, so for very little money I could have very satisfying fidelity for years to come. In fact, part of the reason why I have a little disposable cash is because I'm single. I would gladly trade my toys in to have had a marriage that was still going strong as opposed to being divorced, in all honesty. But for now I have my dogs and my music (and podcasts...love my podcasts!) to serve as the woman in my life haha. 

Welcome to the club, i too am divorced, the only difference is that, you have your dogs, and i have my cats.
wink.gif

May 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #7,405 of 65,837
It's all good...I got your original intent. You're right. I'm looking at Sonos and have been researching DACS. Someone on this sight gave me some advice on upgrading the DAC. This dude dropped something like 7K on a DAC....to stream music!!!  So, $350 for a Sonos sreaming product to connect to your stereo. And, then 7 grand on a DAC.......I couldn't even fathom that.

I'd probably go for the 7k option against sonos if i could afford it lol

I think sonos esp the wireless variety doesnt have hi-fi quality and peaks at 44000-48000 (might be outdated knowledge)

Would look at linn or others for hi-fi but I think speakers mid-fi is already summitfi here >_<

May 22, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #7,406 of 65,837
Quote:

Welcome to the club, i too am divorced, the only difference is that, you have your dogs, and i my have cats.
wink.gif

I am in the club, as well... in addition to my cat, I have a new appreciation for headphones, as opposed to a fully stocked man cave with actual speakers 
L3000.gif

Divorce Fi'ers Unite!

May 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #7,407 of 65,837
I am in the club, as well... in addition to my cat, I have a new appreciation for headphones, as opposed to a fully stocked man cave with actual speakers 
L3000.gif

Divorce Fi'ers Unite!

getting married Saturday... I'll join you guys in a year LMAO

May 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #7,408 of 65,837
Stupid mobile double posties...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back