Grado Fan Club!
May 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #7,411 of 66,284
May 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #7,413 of 66,284
Does anyone know where I can purchase "liberators" for my 325is's? I looked around the site and saw that Darkaudio used to sell them, but I don't think they are in business anymore. Also if anyone has a reply on how these actually work (Iv'e never saw them before), but I know they put more space between the driver and your ears, but I don't know much more about them, like how they mount or sound, or even how much they cost, so I would appreciate if someone could give me some info or maybe post a photo of some headphones with them on, and tell me they're experience with them sound wise. Thank you.

May 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #7,415 of 66,284
Quote:
Is the GS1001 really amp picky? Is the RS1i also?

In my opinion, no Grados are amp picky, heck! they don't even 'need' an amp. i regularly listen to my GS/PS/HP1000 straight from the HP output of my vintage Yamaha integrated amp.
Quote:
no its a happy time... She's into audio also... Building her a pair of magnums for the wedding as we speak! (maybe she'll leave mine alone then lol)

Oh! my ex wife was into audio too at the beginning, and when she left, she took the Sennheiser HD450II that i had gotten her for her birthday, and then claimed that she was entitled to half of what my HD600 were worth at the time.
evil_smiley.gif

May 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #7,416 of 66,284
Is the GS1001 really amp picky? Is the RS1i also?

Depends on what you mean by "amp picky".

Grados are not picky about being driven by portables, set otls, solid state, high or low power, etc. They are an "easy" load.

They are, however, very sonically revealing of changes upstream (amp, dac, etc). And that's a great thing!

May 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #7,417 of 66,284
In my opinion, no Grados are amp picky, heck! they don't even 'need' an amp. i regularly listen to my GS/PS/HP1000 straight from the HP output of my vintage Yamaha integrated amp.

Oh! my ex wife was into audio too at the beginning, and when she left, she took the Sennheiser HD450II that i had gotten her for her birthday, and then claimed that she was entitled to half of what my HD600 were worth at the time.:evil:

i made her agree that the ps500 is mine and mine only... Should be safe now lol

May 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #7,418 of 66,284
Quote:

Welcome to the club, i too am divorced, the only difference is that, you have your dogs, and i have my cats.
wink.gif

Pets rule, man....be lost without my boys! 

May 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #7,419 of 66,284
Quote:
getting married Saturday... I'll join you guys in a year LMAO

LOL!!!  We'll keep a seat warm for ya, but no hurry :)

May 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #7,420 of 66,284
Quote:
i made her agree that the ps500 is mine and mine only... Should be safe now lol

Let's just say that i was glad i didn't have a $10 000 Stax rig when i got divorced, so i'd get it in writing if i were you
wink.gif

May 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #7,421 of 66,284
Does anyone know where I can purchase "liberators" for my 325is's? I looked around the site and saw that Darkaudio used to sell them, but I don't think they are in business anymore. Also if anyone has a reply on how these actually work (Iv'e never saw them before), but I know they put more space between the driver and your ears, but I don't know much more about them, like how they mount or sound, or even how much they cost, so I would appreciate if someone could give me some info or maybe post a photo of some headphones with them on, and tell me they're experience with them sound wise. Thank you.

From what i can find, they mount in place of the plastic that's holding the drivers, so it's basically the plastic ring already on your grado's, but longer, putting the driver further away.

You can see them on Head-Fi forum.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/471522/official-grado-alessandro-liberators-carbon-fiber-pricing-announced/210

May 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #7,424 of 66,284
Quote:
Just got my second pair of Grado's! I've had 325's for a few years now, and I finally decided to bite the bullet and got a pair of PS1000's. My Woo Audio amp is on the way. My ears love me right now! 
beyersmile.png

Nice!!! 

May 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #7,425 of 66,284
Just got my second pair of Grado's! I've had 325's for a few years now, and I finally decided to bite the bullet and got a pair of PS1000's. My Woo Audio amp is on the way. My ears love me right now! :beyersmile:

Oh that's great! Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back