Grado Fan Club!
Jun 16, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #25,696 of 65,838
My counter-arguments...

[...]

Grado is not the best, but they are not the worst either...

Pointing out flaws in other manufacturers does not make the one you're defending any better.

And there's no reason to say that just because B does thing, A can do thing.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #25,697 of 65,838

My counter-arguments... This particular headphone build quality is so bad it warrants it's own thread -> http://www.head-fi.org/t/613703/shure-srh-940-crack-and-their-service

I'm not cherry-picking, this is literally from <2 weeks ago, that's why I still remember -> www.head-fi.org/t/711824/hifiman-he-560-impressions-discussion-thread/13410#post_11665255
he-560, a $900 headphone (or $800 if you speak Mandarin and able to navigate yourself through Hifiman China's own website).

Hifiman he-560 "strong clamp force" issue (Sorted by recency. Feel free to sort by relevance afterwards) -> http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch/?search=strong+clamp+force&resultSortingPreference=recency&byuser=&output=posts&sdate=0&newer=1&type=all&containingthread[0]=711824&advanced=1

Hifiman he-400 debacles of drivers issues and subsequent revisions. Hifiman he-560 early production model wood finish issues.

Audez'e drivers lifetime issue => www.head-fi.org/t/753171/no-shame-on-audeze-buyer-neednt-beware

Never said they were the worst.  I love my Grados.

I just want to be able to reserve a GH1 with a lower cost.  I'd rather lose $100 bucks and get nothing than pay $650 for a headphone that I hate.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #25,698 of 65,838
Pointing out flaws in other manufacturers does not make the one you're defending any better.

And there's no reason to say that just because B does thing, A can do thing.

At least we all know that Grado headphones are handmade.
As long as they don't revamp and improves their production methods with Kaizen and stuffs... Grado will always, always have handmade defects.

The problem is that everybody fighting for the same slice of pie. New companies keeps making cheaper and cheaper good-value products. Grado employees made headphones so quick so "handmade issues" bound to happen. If they take 3 times (or 5 times) as long to make each headphone, we will definitely get less "blemishes", so-to-speak.

What can they do? At least Grado's "blemishes" are still wearable.

Never said they were the worst.  I love my Grados.

I just want to be able to reserve a GH1 with a lower cost.  I'd rather lose $100 bucks and get nothing than pay $650 for a headphone that I hate.

I'm in the same boat with you. They are asking for $200 and $900 in my case though. I'm so confused about what should I do that I ended up contacting Little Dot instead...

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #25,699 of 65,838

My counter-arguments... This particular headphone build quality is so bad it warrants it's own thread -> http://www.head-fi.org/t/613703/shure-srh-940-crack-and-their-service

I'm not cherry-picking, this is literally from <2 weeks ago, that's why I still remember -> www.head-fi.org/t/711824/hifiman-he-560-impressions-discussion-thread/13410#post_11665255
he-560, a $900 headphone (or $800 if you speak Mandarin and able to navigate yourself through Hifiman China's own website).

Hifiman he-560 "strong clamp force" issue (Sorted by recency. Feel free to sort by relevance afterwards) -> http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch/?search=strong+clamp+force&resultSortingPreference=recency&byuser=&output=posts&sdate=0&newer=1&type=all&containingthread[0]=711824&advanced=1

Hifiman he-400 debacles of drivers issues and subsequent revisions. Hifiman he-560 early production model wood finish issues.

Audez'e drivers lifetime issue => www.head-fi.org/t/753171/no-shame-on-audeze-buyer-neednt-beware

Ouch!  Nicely played, sir.

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #25,700 of 65,838
I'd put down $100 to reserve a spot, then patiently wait to see what comes about, but full price is asking for a lot of faith for what may be an RS1e clone.

I put down $130.00 for the GH-1…and if I don't lie it, it will be returned or sold too someone who may have wanted one but missed out due too the limited production, thats all.

The Auralic Taurus Mk. 2 arrived yesterday afternoon, all I can say is wow. Yes, the usual "hearing things on recordings I know well that I didn't know were there."  Though outside of what I expected, height information in the soundstage and imaging that I didn't know the PS1k and HE560 were capable of producing. Incredible, effortless clarity, it truly reminds me of Krell and Mark Gevinson's best amps in their glory days. Music rising from a deep black background, beautiful tone, incredible speed, snap, the whole package.

How good is the Taurus Mk. 2, my Lyr 2, Little Dot Mk. 3 are for sale now
wink_face.gif

Peace On!

Congratulations, glad your liking the Taurus!

Jun 16, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #25,701 of 65,838

Where did you put down $130?

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #25,702 of 65,838
Jun 16, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #25,704 of 65,838
  The Auralic Taurus Mk. 2 arrived yesterday afternoon, all I can say is wow. Yes, the usual "hearing things on recordings I know well that I didn't know were there."  Though outside of what I expected, height information in the soundstage and imaging that I didn't know the PS1k and HE560 were capable of producing. Incredible, effortless clarity, it truly reminds me of Krell and Mark Gevinson's best amps in their glory days. Music rising from a deep black background, beautiful tone, incredible speed, snap, the whole package.

wink_face.gif

Peace On!

Pretty much as I expected.

Congrats, enjoy....happy listening  
smile.gif

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #25,705 of 65,838
Pretty much as I expected.

Congrats, enjoy....happy listening  :smile:

Thanks Whirlwind, don't know why spell checker refers Gevinson to Levinson you guys understood.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #25,706 of 65,838

wink_face.gif

Peace On!

nice, i hope you have it at the next meet !

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #25,707 of 65,838
I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet but I got an email from TTVJ saying,

"
Code:
[color=rgb(68, 68, 68)] We just heard from Grado that they getting close to being finished with  enough production on the GH1 to have them available for dealers. They  plan on having them to us in 2-4 weeks.[/color]
"

I'm really excited for this.

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #25,709 of 65,838
I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet but I got an email from TTVJ saying,

"
[COLOR=444444]
Code:
We just heard from Grado that they getting close to being finished with 
enough production on the GH1 to have them available for dealers. They 
plan on having them to us in 2-4 weeks.
[/COLOR]
"

I'm really excited for this.

If i see that protruding driver like in rs1e i will be sick very sick...
Sure hope i am wrong.
Ps - my dealer wanted full amount of 650US$ so held off. TTVJ never replied. I think i will remain on the fence with this one.

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #25,710 of 65,838
  Against my better judgement due to already owning 4-pairs of Grados, I placed an order for the GH-1 from Overture Audio a few days ago thanks to @Kayandjohn. I was told they will be ready for shipping in 60-90 days.

Worst case, if the GH-1 turns out to be great sounding, you could alway sell one or two pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back