Grado Fan Club!
Jun 16, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #25,681 of 65,730
Here's to hoping Grado puts a full size plug on the Gh1. Pisses me off every time I look at the dinky plug on my ps500e.

Jun 16, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #25,682 of 65,730

I e-mailed David about ordering the LD i+ today.
Damn you guys. I'm a broke employee. This is very unhealthy to my non-existing wallet.

By the way, you won't be able to resist tube rolling on the I+

I suggest the Siemens 6AK5 for all your Grado needs!

Jun 16, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #25,683 of 65,730

Thanks John, so unlike the Bushmills, these are available from more than one dealer.

I wonder how many they'll make.

Yes, as I understand it, each Grado dealer was notified of the GH-1 and asked how many they'd like to buy.  That number is used for allocation... since they don't know just how many they will get from that tree, GH-1 units will be proportionally allocated based on how many the dealer said they would buy.  They do BUY them.  They don't get them on approval and only pay when they sell them.

Oh, and the acoustic differences between maple (or oak) and mahogany I would imagine are far less than the acoustic differences between wood and plastic, or between plastic and metal.  And none of the one-material earcups would have the ability to suppress unwanted resonances like the wood-wrapped-iin-metal construction of the Professional Series PS500 and PS1000 - that is why they used two materials in the PS headphones.

yes, when I got the email response from Todd @ttvj, his response was very similar to this.
Here's to hoping Grado puts a full size plug on the Gh1. Pisses me off every time I look at the dinky plug on my ps500e.

If it's an on-ear grado, which I'm sure it will be, more than likely we'll be stuck with the smaller jack.

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #25,686 of 65,730
I can't fathom the arrogance of asking us to drop $650.00 on a product that we know so very, very little about. It could be just as bad as the RS1e. It could also be a "corrected" RS1e. We just don't know do we?

I want to believe though...I really do.

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #25,687 of 65,730
I can't fathom the arrogance of asking us to drop $650.00 on a product that we know so very, very little about. It could be just as bad as the RS1e. It could also be a "corrected" RS1e. We just don't know do we?

Is that not the norm here? Didn't Hifiman does this pre-order stuffs too with the he-560?

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #25,688 of 65,730
I'd put down $100 to reserve a spot, then patiently wait to see what comes about, but full price is asking for a lot of faith for what may be an RS1e clone.

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #25,689 of 65,730

This isn't a problem if the quality across their entire line is top notch, but i can't really say so of Grado (i know i'm in the fan club, don't lynch me)

I'm broke anyways :p

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #25,691 of 65,730
This isn't a problem if the quality across their entire line is top notch, but i can't really say so of Grado (i know i'm in the fan club, don't lynch me)

I'm broke anyways :p

What's wrong with their quality?

Consistency in price/quality, and consistency on headphones per series.

I'm not saying it's bad, but not good enough to pay $600 for something you haven't seen/heard.

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #25,692 of 65,730
The Auralic Taurus Mk. 2 arrived yesterday afternoon, all I can say is wow. Yes, the usual "hearing things on recordings I know well that I didn't know were there."  Though outside of what I expected, height information in the soundstage and imaging that I didn't know the PS1k and HE560 were capable of producing. Incredible, effortless clarity, it truly reminds me of Krell and Mark Gevinson's best amps in their glory days. Music rising from a deep black background, beautiful tone, incredible speed, snap, the whole package.

How good is the Taurus Mk. 2, my Lyr 2, Little Dot Mk. 3 are for sale now
wink_face.gif

Peace On!

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #25,693 of 65,730

Glue hanging out of cup, knicks in wood, pads not fitting right. Small things, but things you don't expect from products that cost as much as these headphones. Look around the E series thread, lots of pics.

Basically things you'd never see leave the Sennheiser factory.

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #25,694 of 65,730

Glue hanging out of cup, knicks in wood, pads not fitting right. Small things, but things you don't expect from products that cost as much as these headphones. Look around the E series thread, lots of pics.

Plastic rodblocks on the PS1000. I think that's my main reason to not insta buy new expensive Grado headphones.

Sound quality is superb though, as you'd expect of €2000 headphones.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #25,695 of 65,730
Consistency in price/quality, and consistency on headphones per series.

I'm not saying it's bad, but not good enough to pay $600 for something you haven't seen/heard.

My counter-arguments... This particular headphone build quality is so bad it warrants it's own thread -> http://www.head-fi.org/t/613703/shure-srh-940-crack-and-their-service

I'm not cherry-picking, this is literally from <2 weeks ago, that's why I still remember -> www.head-fi.org/t/711824/hifiman-he-560-impressions-discussion-thread/13410#post_11665255
he-560, a $900 headphone (or $800 if you speak Mandarin and able to navigate yourself through Hifiman China's own website).

Hifiman he-560 "strong clamp force" issue (Sorted by recency. Feel free to sort by relevance afterwards) -> http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch/?search=strong+clamp+force&resultSortingPreference=recency&byuser=&output=posts&sdate=0&newer=1&type=all&containingthread[0]=711824&advanced=1

Hifiman he-400 debacles of drivers issues and subsequent revisions. Hifiman he-560 early production model wood finish issues.

Audez'e drivers lifetime issue => www.head-fi.org/t/753171/no-shame-on-audeze-buyer-neednt-beware

Grado is not the best, but they are not the worst either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back