Grado Fan Club!
Jun 17, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #25,726 of 66,284
I like the transparency very much on the 325's. A bit scary at times, I have to look around because I feel like I am there in the recording.
eek.gif

on another note, I just pulled the trigger on a Chord Hugo. Hope it's worth the extra cash, can't wait to hear how it pairs with Grados!
L3000.gif

Jun 17, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #25,727 of 66,284
  I like the transparency very much on the 325's. A bit scary at times, I have to look around because I feel like I am there in the recording.
eek.gif

on another note, I just pulled the trigger on a Chord Hugo. Hope it's worth the extra cash, can't wait to hear how it pairs with Grados!
L3000.gif

+1..... totally agree with the transparency of the 325 at least the 325is, its the only one that I have heard....almost kept it over the RS1i at one point.

Wow!....Congrats on that Chord Hugo......I can't wait to hear some impressions from you  
smile.gif

Jun 17, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #25,728 of 66,284
^^thanks!

This is the second time I've had the Sr325. both times I've gotten the older version with the straight cups vs the newer mushroom cups. Last time I had them I also had a little dot i+, great little combo, but sold them because I missed the Rs1 too much.

Jun 17, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #25,729 of 66,284
  So I am sitting here, minding my own business, listening to both Tears for Fears and Tim McGraw on my new (for me) gold SR325i, marveling at how good the vocals, guitars and drums sound, and the spirit then moves me to order a pair of SR325is (shiny silver... said to have more bass and more sibilance) from the one and only place claimed to have them (there is one person on head-fi.org who has a pair advertised, but he never got back to me).

So I did.

My just-ordered SHINY SR325is to arrive soon.

Look for one of my three-way compares of my Grado SR325e, SR325i, and SR325is coming soon!

See... I'm already prepared:

that will be interesting but you need a couple of extra columns for alessandro ms2i, and ms2e, that would be a total shootout !

Jun 17, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #25,730 of 66,284
  @kayandjohn:
I have the golden SR325i as well and the SR325e. For my ears the SR325i is THE headphone for voices. From my other gradessandros none get this so well. Listening to Tom Waits or to Giant Sand is real bliss. I find the voices of the SR325e more back compared to the SR325i. The SR325e sounds more relaxed, smooth. Overall I prefer the SR325i.

I went back and forth with a head-fier who sold me his SR325i (gold) with intent of upgrading to SR325e, then when he upgraded, he missed the brighter sound of his SR325i.  After he tried the SR325 and maybe the SR325is, he still could not find his SR325i sweet spot, so I sold his back to him, and he is again happy.

Then *I* missed them and bought another pair of the SR325i in gold.  So I now have both the SR325i and the SR325e and I am awaiting the SR325is I just ordered.

Jun 17, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #25,731 of 66,284
I placed an order for the LD i+
Asked David to ship it to a friend staying in Shanghai for Business Trip. Hopefully it will reach him during him staying in the hotel.

If not, well.. hopefully it does :D

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #25,732 of 66,284
I like the transparency very much on the 325's. A bit scary at times, I have to look around because I feel like I am there in the recording.:eek:

on another note, I just pulled the trigger on a Chord Hugo. Hope it's worth the extra cash, can't wait to hear how it pairs with Grados!:L3000:

Very cool Worms!!!! Looking forward to reading your impressions on both the DAC and amp sections! I have read great reports about the Hugo with the HD800, should be a fantastic combination with all of your cans.

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #25,734 of 66,284

Interested how you learned that the GH-1 won't be a limited edition.  My wonderful Grado dealer, Overture Audio, checked back with Grado after getting more inquiries than GH-1s they had reserved, and they were told that not only could they not order any more, but that Grado was slightly worried about making ones to cover the orders they had from that tree shown earlier.

How did you find they would not be limited?  Thanks!

Woah, guys guys!, you should know me better than this. I always try to weight my words carefully before pressing submit. 

If you read my post carefully you'll notice that I said, ''supposedly''. I'm sorry John, but I can't answer your question, I can't even remember today's date, so don't ask me where I've read this. 

The only thing that I'm sure of is that it wasn't written by someone that works for the Death Star, so, because I wasn't 100% sure, I went with ''supposedly''.

If Grado only has the one tree that Vader and Skywalker are standing next to, in the pictrues, I can understand why some people would assume that it'll be a limited edition.
That being said, I'm no expert, but by the size of that tree, they might end up with much more supply, than demand, anyway.
confused.gif

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #25,736 of 66,284
I like the transparency very much on the 325's. A bit scary at times, I have to look around because I feel like I am there in the recording.:eek:

on another note, I just pulled the trigger on a Chord Hugo. Hope it's worth the extra cash, can't wait to hear how it pairs with Grados!:L3000:

Very cool Worms!!!! Looking forward to reading your impressions on both the DAC and amp sections! I have read great reports about the Hugo with the HD800, should be a fantastic combination with all of your cans.

That's my next can that I'm buying very soon. I also read that it pairs up well with the hugo, also with the Concero HP and the Gs-1 that I have.

If any of you guys are looking for a small footprint all in one desktop device, I highly recommend the Concero HP. It very versatile and surprisingly drives different cans/impedance very well!

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #25,737 of 66,284
That's my next can that I'm buying very soon. I also read that it pairs up well with the hugo, also with the Concero HP and the Gs-1 that I have.

If any of you guys are looking for a small footprint all in one desktop device, I highly recommend the Concero HP. It very versatile and surprisingly drives different cans/impedance very well!

I am considering the HEK and the HD800, the former is probably too expensive, so probably an HD800 if I can find a deal.

Todd, at TTVJ is considering doing an HEK tour. His stock arrived today.

Jun 17, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #25,738 of 66,284

I went back and forth with a head-fier who sold me his SR325i (gold) with intent of upgrading to SR325e, then when he upgraded, he missed the brighter sound of his SR325i.  After he tried the SR325 and maybe the SR325is, he still could not find his SR325i sweet spot, so I sold his back to him, and he is again happy.

Then *I* missed them and bought another pair of the SR325i in gold.  So I now have both the SR325i and the SR325e and I am awaiting the SR325is I just ordered.

Are you planning on getting the old, black SR300 too? You're also missing the original 325. Anw I envy you, Kay :frowning2: I like all the 325 I've auditioned and/or owned (which includes the i, the is and the e), but my wallet doesn't allow me to keep them all. In fact I've sold my 325is the other day and still learning to adapt life with only the SR40, the RS1i and the PS500 around.
  ^^thanks!

This is the second time I've had the Sr325. both times I've gotten the older version with the straight cups vs the newer mushroom cups. Last time I had them I also had a little dot i+, great little combo, but sold them because I missed the Rs1 too much.

I find the LD to have perfect synergy with all Grados I've owned so far. What amp could be better than the I+?

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #25,739 of 66,284
  I find the LD to have perfect synergy with all Grados I've owned so far. What amp could be better than the I+?

I'm trying so hard to be frugal these days but when so many different people sing the Little Dot I+'s praises, how can I not get one too?

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #25,740 of 66,284
Anyway you Google it Grado + LD1 comes up over and over. It would be cool to know a super solid next tier item that has the synergy. LD1 will probably be coming for me soon, already have a reputable MUSES02 source saved and then on to tube rolling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back