Grado Fan Club!
Feb 20, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #58,997 of 65,715
Guys, I've been reading about 100 pages on this forum. I have a quick question.

If I liked sr80x so much and want little more clarity and similar bass, should I buy rs2x? My shop guy told me rs1x is better in many ways but what I see is 1x is slightly lack of bass compare to 2x and the treble is a bit thin?

I mostly listen to piano/clarinet concertos and Fink.

Have you heard either RS-1x or RS-2x?

Feb 20, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #58,998 of 65,715
I have listen about month with RS2x now. Yesterday and this morning i listened with Hemps and oh boy they are just good.
I have seen one review (at least) where Hemps are mentioned as "end game" headphones. I think i can verify that speaking for myself.

RS2x is better to be certain if we are talking about a more hi-fi-like reproduction. BUT when it comes to music itself and me, there seems to be big possibilty that i prefer Hemps over RS2x when it comes to ability to convey music and emotions. Hemps has sound with big touch of magic. RS2x does have too, but that BIG touch is missing.

RS2x gives more lifelike and more spacious and airy soundstage. It gives better bass resolution, speed and slam. Sparkling highs.
More dynamic midrange.
But something is missing what is in Hemps. Just put Hemps on your ears and let the music flow. Your feet are starting to move.
With RS2x there sometimes happens that i noticed i am suddenly analysing recording quality, or listen just one instrument.
Not with Hemps. With Hemps the music itself is all that matters.

Bass is much dryer with RS2x, maybe a little too dry. Very good bass though.

Just my thoughts, please no stones on the face. :wink:

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #59,001 of 65,715
I have listen about month with RS2x now. Yesterday and this morning i listened with Hemps and oh boy they are just good.
I have seen one review (at least) where Hemps are mentioned as "end game" headphones. I think i can verify that speaking for myself.

RS2x is better to be certain if we are talking about a more hi-fi-like reproduction. BUT when it comes to music itself and me, there seems to be big possibilty that i prefer Hemps over RS2x when it comes to ability to convey music and emotions. Hemps has sound with big touch of magic. RS2x does have too, but that BIG touch is missing.

RS2x gives more lifelike and more spacious and airy soundstage. It gives better bass resolution, speed and slam. Sparkling highs.
More dynamic midrange.
But something is missing what is in Hemps. Just put Hemps on your ears and let the music flow. Your feet are starting to move.
With RS2x there sometimes happens that i noticed i am suddenly analysing recording quality, or listen just one instrument.
Not with Hemps. With Hemps the music itself is all that matters.

Bass is much dryer with RS2x, maybe a little too dry. Very good bass though.

Just my thoughts, please no stones on the face. :wink:
you gave me another option! Soundstage-wise, is it that narrow with Hemp? one of the reason I like 80x is that it has v airy open sound and wide soundstage.

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #59,003 of 65,715
you gave me another option! Soundstage-wise, is it that narrow with Hemp? one of the reason I like 80x is that it has v airy open sound and wide soundstage.
I wouldn't call it narrow. It's "closer", and not so "pin point accurate". But it's narrower than RS2x. And not so airy.
But funny thing is that it does not matter, to me. When listening Hemps you simply do not pay attention to this small detail. :wink:
It's music that matters. The whole.

Feb 20, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #59,004 of 65,715
You know, I don't think I've ever seen a comparison of all the GH headphones, probably because nobody owns all of them.

Try this post, machine translated from Japanese.

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #59,006 of 65,715
You see that, right?

Right.

The GH3 would be the best of the Prestige series (perhaps some would still prefer the 325), but it was the worst of the GH models. It was not particularly beautiful (compared to other wood models), yet it was better looking than the plastic SR headphones.

Feb 20, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #59,007 of 65,715
Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #59,008 of 65,715
Hi all any opinions on the Original PS1000s? Considering pursuing them. Thanks
The PS1000 series was the TOTL for a good amount of time and was quite popular.

A number of owners did prefer the PS1000 over the later e version. Bass was fuller and very airy and smooth. Once you adjust to fit properly the weight is not really any sort of issue. I could listen for several hours without any fatigue or discomfort. No SLAM dancing allowed.

There is a pristine one on the Classified at a very fair price, do check it out.

Seller is Joseph69, a great guy to deal with, link below.

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/grado-ps1000.31751/

Good Luck

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #59,009 of 65,715
Feb 20, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #59,010 of 65,715
I think you would need both. You use the small one on the GH2's. Apparently the large is based on the G-Cush, which I believe your GS2000e's came with. Upside is that there would be no extra charge for shipping, I don't think.
I remember quite a while ago a guy bought a set of the small's and they wouldn't fit on his (I think) GS3000e's.

They are AWESOME on the GH2's. I bought the regular hybrids.
+1 the small hybrids are great with the GH2s. I also have the GS2000e, and can confirm that the small pads doesn't fit. Should you decide to buy the large, I'd be happy to hear your experience :) And it should be added, that Silvian from BA is a great guy to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back