++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
May 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #28,246 of 29,490
Quote:

Well, now that you've upped your budget, all those recommendations you got above $100 or so is now viable! Go forth and check back all your threads/posts!

I'll throw in the ATH-A900X, but I don't know how much they go for in your country.

I've been looking at the M Audio Q40, but someone said that they were not very good with onboard Realtek HD soundcard and no amp. So that's my concern with those headphones.

The A900x is waaaaay out of my price range in my country.

May 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #28,247 of 29,490
How much is a Xonar U3 in your country?

It might be worth it, and it will definitely sound better than the onboard sound, especially in a laptop.  It's essentially a USB version of the Xonar DG, I think.

May 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #28,248 of 29,490
Quote:
But I really need some help!

You've gotten a lot of help! What about any of the previous advice did you not like that you have to keep asking the exact same question? More importantly, have you taken and acted upon any of the previous advice by doing your own research and, jebus forbid, gone out and listened to anything?

It's time to pick up the reins and start being proactive about this.

May 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #28,249 of 29,490
You've gotten a lot of help! What about any of the previous advice did you not like that you have to keep asking the exact same question? More importantly, have you taken and acted upon any of the previous advice by doing your own research and, jebus forbid, gone out and listened to anything?

+1

May 7, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #28,250 of 29,490
Okay, I'm trying to wait until after the Head-Fi Meet next month before making a purchase, but I keep seeing deals on some of the models I'm interested in, and it's so hard to keep myself from just throwing stupid money around.  Someone please slap some sense into me and tell me to just wait. 
blink.gif

May 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #28,251 of 29,490
Quote:
How much is a Xonar U3 in your country?

It might be worth it, and it will definitely sound better than the onboard sound, especially in a laptop.  It's essentially a USB version of the Xonar DG, I think.

It's out of my budget if I buy that and those headphones. But will it give subsatianlly better sound for my AKG K540?

May 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #28,252 of 29,490
Quote:

I've heard the Shure SRH-440 and the Philips Citiscape Uptown with my portable player. My current headphone sounds clearly better than those (atleast unamped), so that's the reason why I'm expanding my budget.

May 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #28,253 of 29,490
Quote:

why dun u go down to the store and give all the cans a listen :p

i would cut the parrot, n the ntune, both sounded echo-ey to me. dun think u want that for mixing.
but if u are willing to rip out the ntune pads n stick on a pad with a wider inner diameter, then its quite clean sounding suddenly.

i would just pick between the seinheissers.

Well, not all the headphones are up for listening. Only like.. two of the Beats, and the Monster Inspiration I believe you're able to try out. But anyway, the whole reason why I'm asking around on this forum in the first place is because, as I said, I'm no audiophile, I have NO experience with headphones, so I figured instead of making a random, un-educated buy and getting the Beats or Monster headphones right off the bat for example, I should ask around for other opinions from people who know what they're talking about. Makes sense, no? :3
Well, I appreciate that you took the time to reply to me anyway! I suppose then I'll consider the Sennheiser's more intensely. Look into them more. I'm also sort of leaning towards the MDR V55, as I hear those aren't too bad, so we'll see.

May 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #28,255 of 29,490
Hi, I'm new to the forums. :) Although I have been using this site for a long time.

I'm looking to buy a new set of headphones. I currently have Razer Electras (Don't kill me, I got them for free, my old Senns got stolen. :frowning2:

My budget is $50 to $75. I know that's cheap, but that's as much as I can afford right now.
My preferred brand is Sennheiser, although I'm open to trying something new.
The music I listen to is mostly bass-heavy, although there is some acoustic and soft rock I listen to also, so clarity is pretty important.
Sound leakage is not an issue. Isolation isn't either, although nice isolation is always good. I prefer closed headphones, but I don't mind open.
And lastly, this may sound odd, but the looks of the headphones are important also. I don't want to look like a nerd or anything. lol.

I've currently found the following that sound interesting to me.
Sennheiser HD 360 PRO Remanufacture ($75) W/ Warranty
Sennheiser HD 439 Refurb($60) W/ Warranty

If you have any recommendations for me, I'd love to hear em. :)
Thank you.

EDIT: Oh yeah, as for sound source, I do not use an amp. I have a Sansa Fuze, and a laptop with Realtek Audio (Bleh). I may get an amp in the future, but I'm not really interested in one at the moment. I will mostly be listening to mp3s from 192-320, and something FLAC.

May 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #28,256 of 29,490
Quote:
Hi, I'm new to the forums. :) Although I have been using this site for a long time.

I'm looking to buy a new set of headphones. I currently have Razer Electras (Don't kill me, I got them for free, my old Senns got stolen. :frowning2:

My budget is $50 to $75. I know that's cheap, but that's as much as I can afford right now.
The music I listen to is mostly bass-heavy, although there is some acoustic and soft rock I listen to also, so clarity is pretty important.
Sound leakage is not an issue. Isolation isn't either, although nice isolation is always good. I prefer closed headphones, but I don't mind open.
And lastly, this may sound odd, but the looks of the headphones are important also. I don't want to look like a nerd or anything. lol.

Thank you.

EDIT: Oh yeah, as for sound source, I do not use an amp. I have a Sansa Fuze, and a laptop with Realtek Audio (Bleh). I may get an amp in the future, but I'm not really interested in one at the moment. I will mostly be listening to mp3s from 192-320, and something FLAC.

My favorite can within your budget and will also fit your needs pretty well is the MDR-V6. Expanding your budget slightly will give you the chance as the Creative Aurvana Live, which is another great can. You can't go wrong with either of these.

May 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #28,258 of 29,490

Thank you.

Like roguegeek said, the MDR-V6 is a good all around headphone with a little bit of bass emphasis and treble. Very hardy phones and pretty good isolation.

But since looks are important, if you want to have some fun, check out the Noontec Zoros which are Beats look alikes. I have not heard them, but both Steve Guttenberg at CNET and Tyll Hertsens at innerfidelity liked them:

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/noontec-zoro-black/4505-7877_7-35425697.html
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/inexpensive-and-terrific-noontec-zoro

May 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #28,259 of 29,490
Quote:

My favorite can within your budget and will also fit your needs pretty well is the MDR-V6. Expanding your budget slightly will give you the chance as the Creative Aurvana Live, which is another great can. You can't go wrong with either of these.

I've heard a lot of great things about the Sony MDR-V6. Would you happen to know if they are more bass heavy than, something like.. say.. the Sennheiser HD 280? Because those headphones are not bass-ey enough for my liking.

And as for the Creative Aurvana Live, I've had some bad luck with Creative in the past, but I'll check out reviews and such.

Thank you. :)

Also, Do you think Best Buy would have any pairs of MDR-V6 set up for testing? I haven't ever been to the Best Buy in this area.

May 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #28,260 of 29,490
I've heard a lot of great things about the Sony MDR-V6. Would you happen to know if they are more bass heavy than, something like.. say.. the Sennheiser HD 280? Because those headphones are not bass-ey enough for my liking.

And as for the Creative Aurvana Live, I've had some bad luck with Creative in the past, but I'll check out reviews and such.

Thank you. :)

Also, Do you think Best Buy would have any pairs of MDR-V6 set up for testing? I haven't ever been to the Best Buy in this area.

The MDR-V6 is B-O-R-I-N-G!
No sub-bass and weak midbass :xf_eek:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back