++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
May 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #28,277 of 29,490
What Ohm version?

250 is what I was talking about. However if you want them to be easier to drive they do make an 80ohm version, though I believe that is more expensive.

May 8, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #28,279 of 29,490
(This is my first post and I'm new here, sorry )

OK. I'm 14 years old and an amateur music producer who make mostly progressive house and some other kinds of music (just for fun ).
I'm an aspiring audiophile, so I don't know THAT much about sound. But I know that beats sucks (owned a pair, still ashamed) and that you shouldn't have too much bass. Sadly enough, most teenagers today thinks that too much bass is good, but that's not the point. And sorry for my english, I'm 14 and norwegian.

So the thing is that I need a pair of headphones that has as good and balanced sound quality as possible. I mostly listen to/make house music, but sometimes I also listen to other stuff like my dad's favorite 80's rock I'm not a basshead, but I like a lot of bass. But not too much! And I don't like the loose cheap bass like beats that just kicks your ears, more like a deep massage'y bass. So which pair of headphones are good for this? ATH-M50 or DT770 PRO? Or some other cans? And I like over ear headphones with curled piggytail cables like those (I suck at explaining xD )

The headphones has to have/be*
*overear headphones
*curled cable
*Great, balanced sound quality that's perfect and clear
*Good, deep, massage-y bass, but still balanced to the highs and mids
*Same pricerange as the ATH-M50 or DT770 PRO

Things I wonder about:
*Are there any good, cheap amps that I can use for my phone?
*Are ATH-M50 and DT770 PRO too bass-y ?
*Are there any headphones that has a replaceable cable like beats studio, but curled?
*Is it possible to DJ/Mix with these? I'm gonna start mixing

Thanks
-PETACRON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IiWyv2SWB4&hd=1

May 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #28,280 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
What equipment will be powering these cans (without an amp)?

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking? [I'm venturing of guess of some type of a bass heavy sound signature].

If you don't know your preferred sound signature (and even if you do), what genres of music do you plan to run through these cans?

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

probably apple products in general,the format is mp3 and that is about it, I don't know my preferred sound signature,but I plan on listening to classic rock,alternative rock and maybe house, I mostly plan to use them on my home. I have been told the ma900 are pretty good, are they?

The Sony is a very good can, but also much different from what you have.  It is not a heavy-in-the-bass type of can.

May 8, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #28,281 of 29,490
Quote:
(This is my first post and I'm new here, sorry )

OK. I'm 14 years old and an amateur music producer who make mostly progressive house and some other kinds of music (just for fun ).
I'm an aspiring audiophile, so I don't know THAT much about sound. But I know that beats sucks (owned a pair, still ashamed) and that you shouldn't have too much bass. Sadly enough, most teenagers today thinks that too much bass is good, but that's not the point. And sorry for my english, I'm 14 and norwegian.

So the thing is that I need a pair of headphones that has as good and balanced sound quality as possible. I mostly listen to/make house music, but sometimes I also listen to other stuff like my dad's favorite 80's rock I'm not a basshead, but I like a lot of bass. But not too much! And I don't like the loose cheap bass like beats that just kicks your ears, more like a deep massage'y bass. So which pair of headphones are good for this? ATH-M50 or DT770 PRO? Or some other cans? And I like over ear headphones with curled piggytail cables like those (I suck at explaining xD )

The headphones has to have/be*
*overear headphones
*curled cable
*Great, balanced sound quality that's perfect and clear
*Good, deep, massage-y bass, but still balanced to the highs and mids
*Same pricerange as the ATH-M50 or DT770 PRO

Things I wonder about:
*Are there any good, cheap amps that I can use for my phone?
*Are ATH-M50 and DT770 PRO too bass-y ?
*Are there any headphones that has a replaceable cable like beats studio, but curled?
*Is it possible to DJ/Mix with these? I'm gonna start mixing

Thanks
-PETACRON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IiWyv2SWB4&hd=1

Those two cans are too bass oriented and mids light to be truly balanced and clear.

If you are OK with "merely" a mid bass hump, then the Shure SRH 840 may be your can--assuming that you can get them in Norway.

May 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #28,282 of 29,490
Quote:
Are they easy driven by the Xonar U3?

I would say no, the Xonar U3 is only recommended for headphones up to 150 Ohms, it would drive the 32 and 80 ohm variants though

May 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #28,283 of 29,490
 Hello!

I'm new to this forum and only recently decided to purchase a relatively decent pair of headphones.

* Both Open and Closed types are fine with me.
 * I listen to a lot of J-Pop and Anisons. Sometimes I listen to Soundtracks and occasionally to Rock music.

I'm not an audiophile or anything, I'm just looking for a good sound quality at a reasonable price. I checked the Superlux HD681 headphones out and wondered if there was anything more suitable for me with a 25-30 euro budget.

Thank you!

May 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #28,284 of 29,490
Quote:
My budget is €150,- ($200).

They need to be over-ear.

I have a average sized head with small ears, they should be comfortable for atleast like 2 hours.

Closed or semi-open, doesn't matter they shouldn't leak too much.

I'll be planning to buy the Xonar U3.

I listen to rap/hiphop.

My music quality is from 128 kbps to 320 kbps MP3.

I prefer a neutral balanced sound signature with very good clarity and good mid bass and sub bass.

I'll be using them at home.

Really? Again?

May 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #28,285 of 29,490
yup... I are feeding the issue lol

May 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #28,287 of 29,490
Quote:
what would you recommend though?

You were asking about the MA900. An open can is good for you then or is isolation important?

May 8, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #28,288 of 29,490
I'm rather new to the world of audiophile headphones so I'm rather confused all over the place. I don't mind if the headphonesare open or closed. I listen to Classical and Dubstep,DnB,Electro stuff of that sort. One of my concerns is that I plan to stream games and I'm not entirely sure if going with closed would be better considering the lesser amount of leaking and it being picked up by a Blue Spark.  I would prefer circumaural headphones. I wouldn't mind picking up a DAC + amp ( It doesn't have to be under $200-250 ) are there any suggested ones to pick up? I know some headphones don't get any additional sound quality with DAC + amps so I suppose it would be better to get a pair of headphones that need/should to be used with a DAC/Amp combo.

May 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #28,289 of 29,490
I'm rather new to the world of audiophile 
headphones
 so I'm rather confused all over the place. I don't mind if the 
headphones
are open or closed. I listen to Classical and Dubstep,DnB,Electro stuff of that sort. One of my concerns is that I plan to stream games and I'm not entirely sure if going with closed would be better considering the lesser amount of leaking and it being picked up by a Blue Spark.  I would prefer circumaural 
headphones
. I wouldn't mind picking up a DAC + amp ( It doesn't have to be under $200-250 ) are there any suggested ones to pick up? I know some 
headphones
 don't get any additional sound quality with DAC + amps so I suppose it would be better to get a pair of 
headphones
 that need/should to be used with a DAC/Amp combo.

What's your budget for the headphones? Since you mentioned the DAC/amp doesn't have to be under $200 to $250, is that it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back