++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Jan 15, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #23,401 of 29,490
hey thanks for the feed back I am seeing that there was some different opinions on the schiit stack and the HE-400. Does anyone know how the maverick audio tubemagic D1 would sound with the HE-400s or if there is a better amp/dac (combo or stand alone)  for them in the $200 price range I am open to any suggestions. Also how much of a difference will I hear from one of the $200 amp/dac from the fiio e10 which I am thinking about also if the difference will not be to great.

thanks
I'd go for the Schiit magni and modi stack with the HE-400, As long as your ok with only USB input as your source. I've heard great things about the combo, and they are both at great prices!

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #23,403 of 29,490
Quote:
People that just got into headphones and only have the M50 over-recommend it into oblivion. It's a common occurrence 

This. The M50s are decent, but nothing special. There are several threads discussing why the M50 is no longer the best in its class, especially considering the price has been inflated up to $160 these days.

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #23,405 of 29,490
Have been looking on this forum for some time looking for a new set of cans, had beats pros previously and was disappointed with the lack of bass! (Either that or dropped them a few to many times)

Well after a bit of looking around etc I got myself a pair of Sony MDR XB1000's which I've had near a day so far, a little big for my liking but worth every penny.

What I'm asking is is that I've let them burn in (only a day or two of constant playing) and they're starting to sound much better, but I plugged it into a little fiio 3 amp I had laying around and sounded even better! What I'm asking is (as my instructions are no use) can I put more power through the headphones and if so how much? But more importantly can someone recommend a good yet affordable amp?

I do like the stage provided by the headphones but looking to make them a little punchier withlut upsetting the mids and highs - using my galaxy s3 as a player at the moment and was thinking of getting digiZoid ZO2/fiio 11/ cmoy Bb's
But as I've tried nothing better than the fiio I got currently I don't know where to begin ! Hopefully it is small enough to be banded to my phone without the signal interfering with it's performance.

Thanks to those who reply - but let's hope I won't be emptying what's left in my wallet on this! Considering I'm a student and all :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #23,406 of 29,490
Quote:
I'd go for the Schiit magni and modi stack with the HE-400, As long as your ok with only USB input as your source. I've heard great things about the combo, and they are both at great prices!

If I get this combo what cables will I need to buy separately from them I am a little confused with that. I have read reviews that say you need to buy some cables of your own but i have no idea which ones.

thanks

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #23,407 of 29,490
Is it possible for me to find out which DAC chip is used by Asus Xonar Essence ST and STX and by Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium and Titanium HD etc..... ?   So that I can then compare them to whichever DAC chipset is being used by some of the external DACs?  Well that is if one is able to also find out which DAC chip is being used by the external DAC.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #23,408 of 29,490
After an extended amount of research and reviews I have come down to 3 different headphones that I'm willing to buy:

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
VS.
Logitech 982-000079 UE 6000
VS.
KRK KNS8400

out of the above three which ones would fulfill my needs most in terms of sound isolation, comfort and preformance that extends Bose AE2?

Thank you for your time

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #23,409 of 29,490
  1. Budget: $100
  2. Source: Desktop
  3. Requirements for Isolation: The Sennheiser HD 201s were fine
  4. Preferred Type of Headphone: Over the ear
  5. Preferred Tonality: I think I'm looking for balance.
  6. Preferred Music: 80% of what I listen to belongs to different sub genres of heavy metal. I.E Wintersun, Axis of Advance, Doomsword, Melechesh, Turisas

I need help replacing my dying pair of Sennheiser HD 201, so I want to take this opportunity to upgrade to the entry level. For the most part I enjoy how the 201s sound

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #23,410 of 29,490
Quote:
Is it possible for me to find out which DAC chip is used by Asus Xonar Essence ST and STX and by Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium and Titanium HD etc..... ?   So that I can then compare them to whichever DAC chipset is being used by some of the external DACs?  Well that is if one is able to also find out which DAC chip is being used by the external DAC.

DAC chips used.

Essence ST/STX, PCM1792A
Titanium (non-HD), CS4382
Titanium HD, PCM1794

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #23,411 of 29,490
So I'm looking for something for hip hop that will emphasize the lyrics while still keeping a decent bass performance. Right now I have Ultrasone HFI 550 and KRK KNS8400 and actually greatly prefer the KRK's for this purpose right now as the 550's tend to muddy up lyrics a bit, but they lack a little bit of boom. My budget is around 150-200 USD, they'll be amped with a Schiit Asgard. Right now I'm looking at either a DT770 or a higher end Ultrasone, but I know there's probably quite a few more options.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #23,414 of 29,490
Hello everyone, Check out the V Moda's. They are fashionable headphones done right.

Please could someone advise me on which headphones to buy, I really like the look of Beats but I am hearing they are over priced for what they are? I like the size of them, not too big, I need to use them for gaming on my imac so will need a built in mic, and to attach to my iphone/ipad for listening to music. If you can suggest ones that are in-ear instead then that would be fine too. Price range is upto around £150 (or $240) .
thanks for your help!

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #23,415 of 29,490
i'm looking for the best closed headphone to listen psy trance, dubstep, deathstep, drumstep

my budget is between 100$ and 300$.

I will use my headphone for ipod only and laptop. i do not own amp.

i want the best quality/price for my need.

Please help me, i'm lost. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back