++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Jan 15, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #23,371 of 29,490
Quote:
Check out the Pro 750--although you will need an amp.

pro750 and HFI-2400 are very different beasts. Very bright and forward sound for the pro750 . darker and less fatiguing for the HFI-2400 . Pro750 brightness was a deal-breaker for me although I didn't notice such harshness when I tried pro900. IMO pro750 needs a try before puchase although it's harder to hate the HFI-2400

Surprisingly , pro750/900 and HFI-2400 leaks the same. Maybe HFI-780 has better isolation ?

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #23,372 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
Check out the Pro 750--although you will need an amp.

pro750 and HFI-2400 are very different beasts. Very bright and forward sound for the pro750 . darker and less fatiguing for the HFI-2400 . Pro750 brightness was a deal-breaker for me although I didn't notice such harshness when I tried pro900. IMO pro750 needs a try before puchase although it's harder to hate the HFI-2400

Surprisingly , pro750/900 and HFI-2400 leaks the same. Maybe HFI-780 has better isolation ?

I have them both and like them both for what they do.  However, the 2400 leaks a bit more than the 750.  Still the 2400 is a very low leaker or an open design.

I agree that the 750 is brighter, but some prefer that sound signature.

It's also worth mentioning that the 750 can usually be had (at least in the US) for a good bit change less than the price of the 2400.

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #23,373 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys,
What do you think of the Ultrasone Signature Pro?
Is it a really good and durable closed headphone? How is the bass?

Very very good can , well appreciated here or there by experienced audiophiles. it's close to neutral but keep a "Ultrasone" touch : impressive bass quality (deep , textured , clear and impactful) , clear extended trebles but never harsh, dynamic and energetic overall sound. The Sig pro add very good mids too in order to be maybe the more balanced/neutral Ultrasone. Soundstage is good with very good depth but less width than the best open cans. It's not a deal breaker although you listen only to Symphonies IMO. At last, sound presentation is quite forward and immersive.

Extremely good headphone in my opinion; very detailed and accurate . Maybe a bit cold but this point is inherent to its temperament. A tube or hybrid amp can bring all necessery "humanity' to compliment perfectly the Sig pro. You must notice the SP don't need any amp to perform very well although a suitable amp brings the SP to its best.

Definitely one of the best choices in closed can . You can also consider the Signature DJ which is globally the same with a more V-shaped signature. Maybe a better choice to get more bass with the same overall quality. it's a matter of preference or Musical tastes.

Isolation is perfect. Comfort very good ( maybe clamping is a bit strong) . Sig pro is build as a tank and has an inconspicuous appearance. If you prefer Luxurious aspect , it's not the best choice :)

After all, it's a refined , accurate , detailed headphone. It don't "wow" you at the first listening like more "fun" cans. but after few hours when ears and brain are washed from bad habits , the truth finally come .
biggrin.gif

Yeah I've heard a lot of good things about the Signature Pro.

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #23,374 of 29,490
Quote:
Hello, I'm a noob.

I currently own Klipsch S4, Sennheiser 680i and Beats Pro. I listen to everything, but mostly R&B and hip-hop/rap.

I'm looking for a pair of new headphones. Specifically, clearer sound than the Klipsch S4 and a rich bass, a little like the Beats Pro, but more comfortable and easy on the ears.

I'm looking at Sennheiser's HD 558 (I've tried these, but I feel like the bass can be a bit louder), HD 280 Pro and PXC 450. I've read that Audio Technica's ATH-M50's are great too, but I'm looking for something with a detachable cord.

Give me recommendations! Any brand is fine.

Thanks.

Quote:
I have them both and like them both for what they do.  However, the 2400 leaks a bit more than the 750.  Still the 2400 is a very low leaker or an open design.

I agree that the 750 is brighter, but some prefer that sound signature.

It's also worth mentioning that the 750 can usually be had (at least in the US) for a good bit change less than the price of the 2400.

Completely agree whith that.

But I'm sill in doubt that both pro750 or HFI-2400 are good advices for the question quoted above . More information is needed about what precisely need daman510  in order to advice a better alternative to its beats pro. For Example I tried briefly this beats model and I found it "confortable and easy on ears" . I 've owned the HFI-2400 for three month and it's not more confortable than Beats pro IMO. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #23,375 of 29,490
Well guys, here I am again. 
Sadly, amazon takes 50 bucks for shipping, and some more ( 115$ = 30$ tax ) custom clearance (I'm from Israel..)
So can anyone suggest me something for less than around 150?
It seems that the M50 are my only option to fit the budget.. sadly.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #23,376 of 29,490
Hello everyone,

Please could someone advise me on which headphones to buy, I really like the look of Beats but I am hearing they are over priced for what they are? I like the size of them, not too big, I need to use them for gaming on my imac so will need a built in mic, and to attach to my iphone/ipad for listening to music. If you can suggest ones that are in-ear instead then that would be fine too. Price range is upto around £150 (or $240) .
thanks for your help!

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #23,377 of 29,490
Hi, 

So I have a Yulong D100 II and Q701/A900's for home use, love them to bits. I sometimes spend long hours at work and bought an E17 to go with some pretty average PX200 II's and Vsonic GR02's but since the Q701's have spoiled me good, I am looking for a bit more. 

Currently I'm listening to allot of Electronic music but that changes every now and then. Mainly with good quality lossless files.

Considering: Denon D2000, HE400, DT880 Pro

Thoughts? And thank you for any ideas!

A pic, I do not have a decent camera so sorry. 

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4403/20130115172700.jpg

Thanks.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #23,378 of 29,490
Hey guys,

I'm having a real hard time choosing between two headphones. Which one would you guys choose: the Sennheiser HD439 or the Panasonic RF-HTF600-S?

Where I live (Holland) I can get them for about the same price (about $20 difference) so money won't make the difference to me. I've heard many great things about both of headphones. Things I'm not sure about with the Panasonic would be the lenght of the cable, which isn't easily replaced, and possibly the build quality.

Note: atm I'm using the Sennheiser HD555.
Edit: noticed both headphones have a 3.5mm jack

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #23,379 of 29,490
Hi people. 
here is my little problem. 
I want to completely replace the crappy sound card my computer has with an external DAC+amp. my current headphones are MDR-V6 and I'm planning on getting a new set of sennheisser HD-650 probably within the next 6-10 months. 
I also have a set of old 6 ohm bookshelf speakers I'd like to use with the DAC and I want a DAC that would be able to drive me. nothing extraordinary, just for me bedroom because I really don't want to get the generic kind of disposable "pc speakers" (logitech, etc etc) 
my top options right now are a Topping TP30 followed by  a Fiio E10 because I don't really want to go over 100$. I *might* go for 200 as long as I find something that would be much much better than these two options. 
I've made some research and the TP30 seems to be adequate for the speakers and I think it would work with the 650 when/if I get them. 
do you guys think I should get it? maybe you know about something else/better that would suit my purpose better? 
thanks a lot for any info and recomendations :) 

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #23,380 of 29,490
Quote:
Have you considered the Amperior?

I did read some reviews on them, I'd have to listen to them in store to decide though.  I read the following

The plug end is too big for portable use? (true or false?)
The earpads are on ear - are the comfortable (because i tried a pair of Grado's once and they were unfortable after a while
The soundstage of the Amperior is not as open and wide as the Momentum? (True false?)  not really sure what this means though

thx

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #23,381 of 29,490
Hi. I'm looking for an upgrade from my Beyerdynamic DT770s in the 400$ or lower price range.
While I liked the sound of the DTs, what I definitely want to avoid with the new pair is rattle, which seems to be a common issue with Beyerdynamic phones. The lower the frequency gets the more it shifts from a occasional nuisance to borderline unbearable. Might be a defect pair (or one that broke later on), either way it's important to me that the phones aren't prone to that.
Comfort is the second-most important thing to me, as I often wear headphones several hours at a time. The headband should neither clamp nor be too loose, and the cups roomy. In this regard, the DT770s left me content.
As for sound signature, I'd rather have a warm and forward sound, detailed mids and lows having priority. Highs shouldn't be too bright/sibilant. Open or closed doesn't matter.
They'd be driven by a Yulong U100 currently, but I plan to upgrade in the next couple years.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #23,382 of 29,490
Quote:
Hi. I'm looking for an upgrade from my Beyerdynamic DT770s in the 400$ or lower price range.
While I liked the sound of the DTs, what I definitely want to avoid with the new pair is rattle, which seems to be a common issue with Beyerdynamic phones. The lower the frequency gets the more it shifts from a occasional nuisance to borderline unbearable. Might be a defect pair (or one that broke later on), either way it's important to me that the phones aren't prone to that.
Comfort is the second-most important thing to me, as I often wear headphones several hours at a time. The headband should neither clamp nor be too loose, and the cups roomy. In this regard, the DT770s left me content.
As for sound signature, I'd rather have a warm and forward sound, detailed mids and lows having priority. Highs shouldn't be too bright/sibilant. Open or closed doesn't matter.
They'd be driven by a Yulong U100 currently, but I plan to upgrade in the next couple years.

HE-400 sounds like it would be a great upgrade, as long as you are okay with the open-back.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #23,383 of 29,490
Quote:
hello I just ordered some HE-400s that are in the mail right now and I am looking for the cheapest possible amp/dac combo (together or stand alone) that will be able to power these decently. I am currently looking at the schiit stack at around $200 and that is about the most i would be willing to spend seeing as i just dropped $400 on cans and am a collage student. Is there anything below this price that would get me as good of a sound quality or is that stack a good buy for me. I also have no need for portability at all. 

thanks

From what I read in the Magni/Modi thread(s) the HE-400 is a great match with the Schiit stack,

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #23,384 of 29,490
Hey guys,
After extensive research and thinking I think I made my decision!
i) I am looking for a very durable, comfortable, closed, great isolation and fun to listen to headphone for about $250
My current options are:
1) Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
2) Audio-Technica M50
3) V-Moda CrossFade M100
5) AKG K 550
6) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

ii) I am also looking for earphones with similar features to the headphones above for about $100 so what are my options?
iii) I am looking for very good USB DAC+AMP for about $100-$150.
Any help is very much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back