++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Dec 26, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #22,591 of 29,490
Quote:
For the AKG Q701, what is the best cost effective amp to unlock it's potential + support dolby headphone? I just got my Titanium HD 2 days ago and now regretting it because of what I'm hearing about the competitive advantages of the dolby headphone feature.

I suggest you post this question on the Q701 appreciation thread.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #22,592 of 29,490
Hey i was wondering if someone could make a recomindation to me. I am currently looking into eaither a pair of V Moda M100's or Lp2's but am not sure which one would be better for what i am looking for. 

I will be using the headphones to listen to music and play games, in music i really enjoy high points in songs but at the same time do like a good bass and clear vocals, not overbareing in the bass mind you but good. I cant really seem to find many people makeing comparsons largely between the lp2 and the m100, its normally the m100 vs the m80. i guess the real question is, is there a $125 diffrence in quality between the lp2 and the m100? from what i have seen so far it seems some people are complaining about the m100 sounding like the music is a bit far away and some people complaining the the lp2's bass is to much and drowns out the mids and vocals.

I am not enough of an expert on this sort of thing to make a informed decision in my purchase by myself. i would greatly appreciate any advice or recomindations anyone can give me.
Thanks

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #22,593 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
Now that the XB500 has been discontinued,  what is the next best option?
I am looking at the JVC HAM5X for $48 (high price but thats the price here in Europe). Any better alternatives, preferably upto $100?

Anyone?

I just bought a Sony MDR-XB500 for a nephew's Christmas present.  Amazon (and probably others) still has them.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #22,594 of 29,490
[size=10pt]Woops... I probably should have posted in this thread first. [/size]

[size=10pt]I'm looking for headphones with active noise cancellation that are comfortable and provide good sound quality. I'm not willing to spend too much more than $300. The noise cancellation is very important to me as I use public transportation often and my house has a VERY noisy heating/air condition system. Comfort is also important since I tend to listen to music for longer periods of time. As for sound quality... I'm not an audiophile by any means and up until this point, I’ve been using the white earbuds that came with my ipod :frowning2: [/size]

[size=10pt]Additionally, I'd prefer something that won't look weird if I wear it in public.[/size]

[size=10pt]Would the QC15s be a good choice for my first headphones ever? My friends have suggested getting Beats Studios. I’d like to hear some opinions/suggestions :)[/size]

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #22,596 of 29,490
So I need some headphone help. My budget is around 350-400$ (including an amp) (keep in mind that I buy on amazon so its usually cheeper). I had Westone UM2 in ear monitors for some time and am now upgrading from beats pro. I like the beats except they aren't super 'clear' and they are several hundred dollars overpriced. I don't care about 'size' really, and am not sure whether I want open headphones or not (I would like at least decent sound isolation).
I listen mainly to hard rock, alternative, metal, dubstep and Coldplay. I travel a decent amount, but mostly listen to music for a couple hours before I go to bed (in my dorm room) or in the car. these are the headphones I am looking at right now:

AKG K702 Headphones
AKG Q 701 Quincy Jones Signature Reference-Class​ Premium Headphones, White
Grado Prestige Series SR325is Headphones
Beyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphones
AKG K550 Closed-Back Reference Class Headphones (Black) 
V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Noise-Isolating​ Metal Headphone (Shadow)
Sony MDR1R Premium Over The Head Headphone, Black
Ultrasone PRO 900 S-Logic Surround Sound Professional Headphones - Black
Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear Headphone

I am looking at getting a fiio e11 as an amp. Which would be best of these? or what are some other headphones I could get that would be good?

EDIT: Also I am a drummer (i have an electric kit now) so I want headphones that are detailed as well as a good amount of bass and especially good mids.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #22,597 of 29,490
Making the dubious assumption that your prices & availability are close to those in the US, get the Shure SRH 840 (mid bass hump and somewhat recessed highs) or the KRK KNS 8400 for a brighter and more neutral sound signature.

Thanks mate. I will most likely be purchasing from Amazon US because Aussie prices are rather ridiculous. The SRH is above my budget ($180-200) but ill look at the KNS 8400.

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #22,599 of 29,490
I need some suggestions...I'm looking for a premium HP that will be a general use HP. I do own CAL!s and want to love them..sometimes I wish they had more bass (not all the time) and better mids. Would I be better sticking with them as a general purpose HP or is there something better?

Music Genres: R&B, Rap/Hip-hop, Rock (those are my top three, but really listen to everything), and Movies
Amped/Unamped: I would consider getting an amp to open my selection of HP so either or and the amp would be FiiO E11.
File encoding: MP3 - 128-320kps
Portable: Yes (will use them with an iPhone, iPad, iPod, HTC EVO, etc....no home equipment or as of yet)
Price Range: $100 - $200.
Closed/Open: Closed - For casual listening, while on the airplane, or in a crowded area. Also min sound leakage and good isolation.
Past headphones: CAL!, Shure SE115, Sennheiser CX 485
My "been looking at list" - I'm open to extra suggestions:
Beyerdynamic dt-770- 32 or 250
Shure SRH840
Shure SRH940

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back