++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Oct 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #20,386 of 29,490
Quote:

The ULTRASONE HFI-2400 is the open can that I know of that leaks the least.

Maybe but my Ultrasone HFI-2400 leaks a LOT.  I couldn't advise these cans to anybody is afraid of leakage.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #20,388 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:
The Spider Power Force matches your needs.

thanks for the suggestion. But I think the brand won't reach my country :frowning2:
btw I should've said K618, because they're basically almost the same (just the microphone)

Perhaps you should post your country in your profile.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #20,389 of 29,490
Quote:
Quote:

The ULTRASONE HFI-2400 is the open can that I know of that leaks the least.

Maybe but my Ultrasone HFI-2400 leaks a LOT.  I couldn't advise these cans to anybody is afraid of leakage.

That depends on how and where they are used.  At any reasonable volume level they certainly won't leak loud enough to bother someone through a closed door or down the stairs.  Some folks who have posted here didn't know that--or much of anything at all about closed vs. open cans.

Again--for open cans--I have found that they don't leak much.  Grados, Alessandros, Senns, and HiFiMan cans that I have all leak much more.  When compared with closed cans, they leak quite a bit.  A number of semi open cans also leak less than the 2400.  So far no one has mentioned another open can they have heard that leaks less than the 2400.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #20,391 of 29,490
I've been researching headphones for quite a while now.
So let me list what I'm looking for and what I've looked up. Price range is $50-100 although I don't mind paying a little more if its really a good deal.
Pretty much it'd primarily be used for gaming on xbox360, pc, and ps3, and sometimes music.

1. Over Ear Type headphones
2. Closed(little to no leaking) I'm constantly around others for school. Plus I don't want to annoy those around me.
3. Good sound isolation. (I know having closed headphones can help, but don't always have good sound isolation.)
       I know sound can come at the expense of good sound isolation. I'm fine with that as long as it isn't too terrible.
4. Can provide some positional detection(for playing video games)
5. Are comfortable (can wear for hours) I have a crappy old headset and after 15 minutes, its unbearable to the ears.

While I know these features cannot be all excellent given the current price range, I know there are a large variety of headphones that can offer a good "bang for your buck". My main preferences are comfort and sound isolation.

Some of the headphones I've looked into are
-Sony MDR-V6
-Sony MDR-7506
-Creative Aurvana Live
-ath-m50 (These ones are a little bit expensive since I also plan on buying a turtle beach dss(cheaper than mixamp).
-HD380 pro (again a little expensive, but I heard they're very good noise isolation)
-Razer Orcas(I'm not sure about these in terms of sound isolation and sound leakage. I keep hearing a lot of good things and bad things, which both  happen to be completely opposites in regards to its attributes.

I've looked over quite a few threads and am having a hard time sorting through them or finding comparisons. Used the search forums button for a bit too. I'll be using the turtle beach dss (since I can get one for 30 bucks). Which of these headphones would do best with the DSS?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #20,392 of 29,490
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #20,393 of 29,490
Oops! didnt notice this thread and started another one, newbie mistake. Will post the needs here and ask the mods to delete the other thread.

A friend of mine is looking for headphones in about 200$ budget. He's currently considering senn 558s. Mainly listens to jam bands (dead etc), some jazz and some classic rock, most of the times live shows though, no mp3s, almost always flacs. headphones need to be forgiving enough to play audience recordings also. Preference is for open full size (or on the ears. no iems) headphones. He uses his android mobile in the bus also while commuting. Source is pc and mobile. He doesnt mind having a small portable amp added later. These are going to be hist first decent headphones. He's been playing guitar for a long time so knows good sound. Please recommend something good and comfortable.

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #20,394 of 29,490
Hi guys, I am new here.

I'm finding an headphone in about $25 budget. I'm considering the Sennheiser HD 202 II and the Sony MDR-MA100. I mainly listen to pop, RnB, and Rock Ballad and playing games on my Dell XPS (I sometime listen to what I play on piano too). Which one would you guys reccomend?
Which one is more durable, comfortable, and better sound? And, how loud does the Sony MDR-MA100 leak (it's the open-air headphone, right?)

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #20,395 of 29,490
Oops! didnt notice this thread and started another one, newbie mistake. Will post the needs here and ask the mods to delete the other thread.

A friend of mine is looking for headphones in about 200$ budget. He's currently considering senn 558s. Mainly listens to jam bands (dead etc), some jazz and some classic rock, most of the times live shows though, no mp3s, almost always flacs. headphones need to be forgiving enough to play audience recordings also. Preference is for open full size (or on the ears. no iems) headphones. He uses his android mobile in the bus also while commuting. Source is pc and mobile. He doesnt mind having a small portable amp added later. These are going to be hist first decent headphones. He's been playing guitar for a long time so knows good sound. Please recommend something good and comfortable.

I personally wouldn't say that the 558 would be bad for his needs. I can't really see using an open on a bus though the 558 is kinda known as not being all that open for an "open" can. I haven't really tried testing the leakage to people sitting next to me. They are not an "analytical" can from what I remember so should be down his alley in that regard. Maybe he should consider a closed can?

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #20,396 of 29,490
Hi guys, I am new here.

I'm finding an headphone in about $25 budget. I'm considering the Sennheiser HD 202 II and the Sony MDR-MA100. I mainly listen to pop, RnB, and Rock Ballad and playing games on my Dell XPS (I sometime listen to what I play on piano too). Which one would you guys reccomend?
Which one is more durable, comfortable, and better sound? And, how loud does the Sony MDR-MA100 leak (it's the open-air headphone, right?)

Don't think you are going to get a ton of answers in that price range but yes open headphones do leak sound and allow you to hear what is happening around you.

My suggesitions for on ear would be the JVC HAS400B and for an over ear you could try the monoprice DJ headphone which is highly regarded for the price. Both are closed headphones.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8323&seq=1&format=2

You could spring a few extra bucks and try the Beyerdynamic DT235 which can be had "Like New" from Amazon.com for 30 dollars which would be prolly the best bang for your buck.

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #20,397 of 29,490
Quote:
So let me list what I'm looking for and what I've looked up. Price range is $50-100 although I don't mind paying a little more if its really a good deal.
Pretty much it'd primarily be used for gaming on xbox360, pc, and ps3, and sometimes music.

2. Closed(little to no leaking) I'm constantly around others for school. Plus I don't want to annoy those around me.
3. Good sound isolation. (I know having closed headphones can help, but don't always have good sound isolation.)
       I know sound can come at the expense of good sound isolation. I'm fine with that as long as it isn't too terrible.
5. Are comfortable (can wear for hours) I have a crappy old headset and after 15 minutes, its unbearable to the ears.

While I know these features cannot be all excellent given the current price range, I know there are a large variety of headphones that can offer a good "bang for your buck". My main preferences are comfort and sound isolation.

-Sony MDR-V6
-Sony MDR-7506
-Creative Aurvana Live
-ath-m50 (These ones are a little bit expensive since I also plan on buying a turtle beach dss(cheaper than mixamp).
-HD380 pro (again a little expensive, but I heard they're very good noise isolation)
-Razer Orcas(I'm not sure about these in terms of sound isolation and sound leakage. I keep hearing a lot of good things and bad things, which both  happen to be completely opposites in regards to its attributes.

I've looked over quite a few threads and am having a hard time sorting through them or finding comparisons. Used the search forums button for a bit too. I'll be using the turtle beach dss (since I can get one for 30 bucks). Which of these headphones would do best with the DSS?

The 7506 is the best can i see on your list, with the CAL! coming in second.  The Sony will also be more durable.

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #20,398 of 29,490
Quote:

I agree that the 558 is an excellent choice--except you can't use them in public.  For commuting, he'll need to get a good closed can, like the KRK KNS 8400.

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #20,399 of 29,490
Quote:
Hi guys, I am new here.

If you can scrape together $29 and don't a little leaking, the Superlux HD 681 Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones are probably the best cans you can get for that little money.

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #20,400 of 29,490
Quote:

-Sony MDR-V6
-Sony MDR-7506
-Creative Aurvana Live

Just to throw something very different out there and give you something else to thing about, you could look at the Rockit Sound R-Shield. They look very unique, but they supposedly provide the best isolation as that was clearly there main goal. Check out this thread and search (ctrl + F) "B35." I haven't heard these personally, but if isolation is your main goal these could work (though you may look quite strange wearing them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back