++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Jan 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #10,756 of 29,490

Hi,

I am looking for some over ear headphones, that cost no more than £130 (note- English currency)! This included the price of an amp (if I would need one- please recommend!). 

I would really like them to be portable (folding/lightweight) and look good! However, I am willing to sacrifice both of these for sound. 

I like listening to hip hop, RnB, pop, a little rock and dubstep.

My source is an ipod touch 3rd gen. 

I am looking for a set of headphones that have amazing sound quality but also bring the music to life and make it incredibly enjoyable to listen to- for example I listened to the srh840's and although they had great sound quality, there was little life in the music in my opinion, it was just for analytical listening (I know that is their intended purpose). I would also like great bass- so you can actually feel the vibration!

Any other questions please ask :) 

Thanks in advance :)

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #10,759 of 29,490

Quote:
They are probably not knock offs. Shure will not honor the warranty though, as that is not an authorized reseller.

I went ahead and bought the ones that are sold by Amazon LLC so I think I should be ok, now I didn't see Amazon listed on shure's website as one of their online retailers but a post on Amazon's forums said they are!

UPDATE!
I just got off the phone with Shure's customer service and they said that Amazon IS and authorized dealer but you have to buy directly from amazon and not another seller.

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #10,760 of 29,490
I went ahead and bought the ones that are sold by Amazon LLC so I think I should be ok, now I didn't see Amazon listed on shure's website as one of their online retailers but a post on Amazon's forums said they are!

UPDATE!
I just got off the phone with Shure's customer service and they said that Amazon IS and authorized dealer but you have to buy directly from amazon and not another seller.

Yes, that other seller was not amazon.

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #10,761 of 29,490

Shure Earphone SE 215 or Audio Technica ATH-M50

Which one should I buy, I'm really in confusion state right now as I know little bit both have different sound signature even belong to different category, may be these thing help you guys to give your opinion. Any other earphone or headphone you can suggest.

Usages:

1- Watching movies and listening music on iPhone and computer both. But  I spend 3 to 6 hour with my lapi watching Tv shows. So comforts matter.

2- Previously I used Klipsch, iPhone handsfree and Sennheiser HD 418

3- Is ATH M50 hurts the ear if I put for 3 to 4 hour ?

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #10,762 of 29,490

Quote:

Shure Earphone SE 215 or Audio Technica ATH-M50

Which one should I buy, I'm really in confusion state right now as I know little bit both have different sound signature even belong to different category, may be these thing help you guys to give your opinion. Any other earphone or headphone you can suggest.

Usages:

1- Watching movies and listening music on iPhone and computer both. But  I spend 3 to 6 hour with my lapi watching Tv shows. So comforts matter.

2- Previously I used Klipsch, iPhone handsfree and Sennheiser HD 418

3- Is ATH M50 hurts the ear if I put for 3 to 4 hour ?

I have no experience with those models, but for your purpose I would advise a full-sized model (hence the AT) over an IEM. They're just more comfortable for home use. As soon as you go out in the open, IEMs may be preferred since full-sizes are major wind-catchers.

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #10,763 of 29,490
I currently have a pair of IE8 and Atrio M5 but i'm looking to get an over ear closed headphones when at home, i'm specifically looking at the Ultrasone DJ1 can anyone compare the bass on the DJ1 to my current iem's.

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #10,764 of 29,490

Hello guys. 

Could any Beyerdynamic headphone owners that listen to Hip-Hop, electronic music (dubstep, drum and bass, progressive) or game with their headphones please help me out? 

I want to buy a new pair of headphones so I've decided to try out Beyer's offerings. I'm currently thinking about either the DT 770 or DT 990. I've read through pretty much all of the comparison threads but I've noticed that most of the people in the discussions listened exclusively to classical music, acoustics or jazz. The DT 880s seem a little bit too analytic for these genres. 

Unfortunately parts of my set-up broke so the only amp I have right now is a CMOY, which is why I'm also thinking about getting the DT 770 Pro 80s. I'll only be able to get a new soundcard for my PC in June (currently using RealTek integrated on my Z68). I had some Grado Sr80s but had to return those after one of the drivers got spoiled so whichever I buy will be the only headphones that I'll have for quite some time, which is my I am worried about the DT 990's treble being too fatiguing if I can't properly drive them. 

So keeping all of this in mind, which ones would you guys recommend? 

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #10,766 of 29,490

Greetings everyone!

I must start to say I am not the kind of person to put up these requests on forums... but after good time over 2 weeks on my search for a perfect desktop headset setup... I am more confused then when I started!

I am posting it here as I have seen very dedicated replies and definitely there are some expert audiophiles around that might show me the light (or "the sound").

To put simple and organized...

What I have is

On-board sound (ASUS Sabertooth P67 with Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio
Logitech x530 5.1 Speakers (not close to good quality... I have been told hehe, I have these plugged to the motherboard)

Pionneer SE-M285TV (stereo headphones, I have these plugged to the front speaker 3.5mm entry)
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/47/1707/226/SE-M285TV/index.html

At the moment I have no dedicated soundcard (but can buy one of course!)

What I need is

1) to be able to enjoy music all day long (since I work in front of the computer I pretty much hear music all-day-long) with
a decent sound quality (I believe what I have at the moment doesn't deliver this... right?). I want my ears and brain to feel nurtured hehe.

2) to be able to play games and get a decent pin-point positioning! (I have read that this is possible either by Dolby Headphones on a stereo headset or by 5.1 headset).

3) Circumaural, comfortable

The setup doesn't have to have in-built mike nor it needs to be wireless but any of those features are welcome!

I was going to buy... (sorry if I offend any audiophiles with this link...) http://www.razerzone.com/tiamat/en/features
and some Xonar soundcard to it.

From what I read though... 10 speakers with 5 in each can is not really going to do any magic... and perhaps DDL and/or DH would still beat it... is this true? or is this "true 7.1" a good thing?

I also pondered the Sennheizer RS series (160/170/180) which are wireless and look cool + Sennheizer's reputation... but from what I have read the quality ain't that great plus some minor issues.

And the budget is

Up to and around 250€ for both headset and soundcard!

Now I don't expect someone to start digging to find my dream setup... but some info... links... explanation...

Between Dolby "things" (headphone, digital live, etc), virtual 5.1, true 5.1, virtual 7.1, true 7.1 and audiophile SQ vs. gaming needs I must admit I am REALLY LOST!

Here are some links to some other headsets I have pondered... again hoping no true audiophiles will kick me :p

Creative Omega + Recon: http://www.creative.com/soundblaster/tactic3d/recon3domega/

Sennheizer RS180 + some soundcard: http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_wireless-stereo-headphones_502875?Open&path=private_headphones_hifi_wireless-headphones

Goldring DR Series (150/100/50) + some soundcard: http://www.goldring.co.uk/headphones/goldring/dr50.htm

Many many thanks and really look forward for advices!

Cheers!

morunas

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #10,767 of 29,490
So I a made the mistake in creating a new thread before finding this one via search...

I have the ATH-M50s and am looking to pair it up with a good AMP to use with an Ipod Nano.

I was thinking of the T3, D4 or D-Zero iBasso.

Please advise.

I see a lot of threads on similar questions but either 1) the thread gets sidetrack or 2) not specific to the exact amps (usually what's a good amp)

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #10,769 of 29,490
yo I want phones. they gotz to be fashennable, powtable, and made o plastic. Dey have gotz to be way too expensiv. The bass gotz ta distort everyting else and dat sound has to be extremely muddy. They gotz ta look cool, like dem guys in da hood. O and dem gotz to have a b on da side, and dey bettah break in 2 weeks topz!. what da ya gai's suggest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back