++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Apr 12, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #3,076 of 29,490
Hello all , i am looking for headphones for listen rap music out of an iphone, both outside and at home.
I want good bass if possible, and im willing to pay 150-200 bucks max.
I have see these two models :

-Sennheiser 438
-Denon D1100

Are those good for rap/hip-hop ?

If you have any other ideas thats welcome.
Thanks

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #3,079 of 29,490
Hey all, I'm just looking for a good quality, decent sounding pair of cans under 50 or 60 bucks to listen to while running and weight lifting. I'd really dig something that's not too open but not too isolated either (since I'll be running on streets) that isn't going to fall out of my ears or off my head.

I was thinking the iGrado because I really dig the Grado sound, but I have worries about construction quality/openness. Something behind the head would be neat, if possible.

Maybe I have some options for on head though, perhaps PortaPro? PX 100? Maybe even Koss KSC75?

Or maybe there exists quality earbuds (non-in ear) out there that I am totally unaware of?

Thanks!

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #3,080 of 29,490

Quote:
My price range is wide (up to 350 bucks) but i do not want an amp, and have to run it of my laptop. (something with low ohms)

Some bass, good mids and an okay soundstage?? any suggestions

looked at some Grado SR XXXi headphones and Denon's AHD2000 ????????????

Grado SR225 are wonderful headphones, but they don't have much bass or soundstage.  So D2000 are the better option for you.  

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #3,081 of 29,490
I still have my PX100 that I use for similar tasks, because they stay on pretty well, are open, don't get me more sweaty than I would get otherwise.

It would be a great choice.

Quote:
Hey all, I'm just looking for a good quality, decent sounding pair of cans under 50 or 60 bucks to listen to while running and weight lifting. I'd really dig something that's not too open but not too isolated either (since I'll be running on streets) that isn't going to fall out of my ears or off my head.

I was thinking the iGrado because I really dig the Grado sound, but I have worries about construction quality/openness. Something behind the head would be neat, if possible.

Maybe I have some options for on head though, perhaps PortaPro? PX 100? Maybe even Koss KSC75?

Or maybe there exists quality earbuds (non-in ear) out there that I am totally unaware of?

Thanks!

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #3,082 of 29,490
If all you want is bass quantity, there are probably lots of choices.  For bass QUALITY, you could do a lot worse than the Ultrasone HFI-780.  It has nice, deep, punchy bass that would work really well with rap.  Some people like the 580 even more, and it's even cheaper.

If you want tons of bass combined with a pretty slick package, you could also check out the AIAIAI TMA-1, which has tons and tons of bass.

Quote:
Hello all , i am looking for headphones for listen rap music out of an iphone, both outside and at home.

-Sennheiser 438
-Denon D1100

Thanks

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #3,084 of 29,490

Quote:
Nobody have ideas for some heaphones for rap ?
:/

try the shure srh750dj. very good bass and would sound perfect for rap.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #3,085 of 29,490

Quote:
Skullcandy Aviator vs Klipsch ONE On-Ear ... GO!! I listen to Rap, Rock, and Jazz and need looks, sound, and portability. I listened to both at the Apple store and they both sound the same to me. The Skullcandy has an amazing look and a one sided cable 
biggrin.gif
. They are also a bit more comfortable than the Klipsch. Both have in-line controls. The price is about the same.

So.. to summarize

Sound: Skullcandy
Comfort: Skullcandy
Looks: Skullcandy
X-Factor 1 (in this case, cables): Skullcandy
X-Factor 2 (in this case, controls): Draw
Price: Draw

Looks like Klipsch didn't win anything in your comparison.  Why does your post exist?

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #3,087 of 29,490
Ah, okay. Here i am, first post i think.
Hi, my name's andrew, and yes, i'm looking for headphones :)
So... yeah.

I have a Cowon J3 (unamped), i listen to a wide variety of music. Classical, rock, folk, etc.
I'm hoping to get some circumaural headphones that are priced between $150 and $200 (or less, obviously). They would have to be closed, because i often listen to music in loud environments (in a loud vehicle, with a vacuum cleaner in the room, occasionally on a plane). I need them to be fairly durable, too, i'll take them on the road often and hope they'll last several years.

I'd like the sound to be... i guess the term would be "balanced" (or maybe "level"), my J3 has good equaliser and sound customization, so i don't need cans that blast a ton of bass or anything. I'd say just even volume along all frequencies, but i'm no audiophile, so i'm not positive that would be a good idea. Would it?

I'm in no hurry to buy, though, so if you think i should wait for another model to come out, or a time when it might be on sale or something, i can wait.
In case you'd like to know, these:http://www.head-fi.org/products/panasonic-rp-ht722-monitor-headphones-with-built-in-surround-control are my current headphones.
I find them comfortable, but a little heavy. The sound is nothing terribly impressive, in fact i had to remove the circuitboard inside and solder the cable straight to the speakers because of left/right balance problems :)

Anyway, thanks in advance, if there's anything else you need to know, just ask.

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #3,088 of 29,490

Quote:

-Sennheiser 438
-Denon D1100

Thanks

how about the Sony line of extra-bass headphones/earphones?
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644615399

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #3,090 of 29,490

Quote:
Ah, okay. Here i am, first post i think.
Hi, my name's andrew, and yes, i'm looking for headphones :)
So... yeah.

I have a Cowon J3 (unamped), i listen to a wide variety of music. Classical, rock, folk, etc.
I'm hoping to get some circumaural headphones that are priced between $150 and $200 (or less, obviously). They would have to be closed, because i often listen to music in loud environments (in a loud vehicle, with a vacuum cleaner in the room, occasionally on a plane). I need them to be fairly durable, too, i'll take them on the road often and hope they'll last several years.

I'd like the sound to be... i guess the term would be "balanced" (or maybe "level"), my J3 has good equaliser and sound customization, so i don't need cans that blast a ton of bass or anything. I'd say just even volume along all frequencies, but i'm no audiophile, so i'm not positive that would be a good idea. Would it?

I'm in no hurry to buy, though, so if you think i should wait for another model to come out, or a time when it might be on sale or something, i can wait.
In case you'd like to know, these:http://www.head-fi.org/products/panasonic-rp-ht722-monitor-headphones-with-built-in-surround-control are my current headphones.
I find them comfortable, but a little heavy. The sound is nothing terribly impressive, in fact i had to remove the circuitboard inside and solder the cable straight to the speakers because of left/right balance problems :)

Anyway, thanks in advance, if there's anything else you need to know, just ask.

Audio Technica M50s fit your request. They are balanced (just that perfect amount of bass thump), closed, stylish
biggrin.gif
, and very durable, although because of this they're a bit bulkier than most portable headphones. I personally feel comfortable bringing them anywhere, driving them with a Fiio E5 using Line Out form a Classic and just love the sound.

They can be had for less than 120 USD nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back