++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Mar 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #13,006 of 29,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm looking for something detailed and balanced without being shrill, with a wide soundstage.

HD600, DT880, Q701?

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #13,007 of 29,490

Quote:
I'm leaning towards the PRO700s mainly because of the detachable cable, since I'm fearing that I'll somehow ruin the M50s due to something with the cable, and I also don't have any soldering experience or tools to change out the cable. I really want to give them a shot, but the main thing I don't want is the earpads pressing on my ear, but instead of to go around. I tried looking around but can't find how large the earpads are, so wondering if anyone here had the dimensions.

I can attest that the M50s are definitely circumaural, though if you have really big ears they might touch the edges. I assume the PRO700s are similar.

Quote:

HD600, DT880, Q701?

I think he specified closed.

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #13,009 of 29,490
Okay I am having a huge problem. When I compared my Ultrasone HFi 2400 to the 20 dollar Koss UR20, the Koss UR20 have a much stronger bass response......
blink.gif
 Do I have a defective pair of 2400s??

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #13,013 of 29,490

Quote:
Different in what way? 

Open headphones leak by nature, therefore bass response is reduced. If you want to compare headphones like that, do so between two pairs of closed or open headphones, not an open pair and a closed pair.

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #13,014 of 29,490

Quote:
Open headphones leak by nature, therefore bass response is reduced. If you want to compare headphones like that, do so between two pairs of closed or open headphones, not an open pair and a closed pair.

right. But is it true open headphones have better mids and treble than closed headphones? And do you mean the quantity of the bass is reduced, or the quality of the bass is reduced on open headphones?

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #13,015 of 29,490
OK this is my first post ever in this website, and im sure somebody here can help me ):

well...thing is........,  i wanna get a good headphone..,  but, i don't know anything about specifications of the headphones! :S  its hard for me to compare head to head headphones cuz of that.. but i hope u guys can help me a bit. 

I was looking into my budget! and... i created a list of headphones i can buy, but, like i said before, i dont know which one fits me better.

Im looking a headphone with....

+  GOOD BASS! (first priority)
+  Nice sound overall ( dont have to be PERFECT , just good when u turn volume a lil bit up :wink: )
+  Nice construction or Durable (sturdy :wink:  ) 
+  Good with genres like ( Trance, Vocal trance, electro-house, techno, and some other electronic sounds....)
+  If the model can Fold, nice, if not... not a bit problem....
+  Ehm.. nothing more! :)

Im planning to use the headphone on my Ipod /  Iphone! .. and my computer.!! i dont have any DJ console ... or high impedance device? :S  i read online that i need a 25 - 35 ohm  ? which fits better my requirements i dunno if that's true.?..

Since i live in Venezuela! :S  is hard for me to find some models but... i can afford this ones.. imma make a list of brand/models, and what i think of each one, and i need u guys to tell me which one is the BEST.. here i go!

Sennheisers ( I like this brand, made in germany what else can i say :)   )

- HD 515  ( No clue ?  )
- HD 480 Pro  ( PPl say is for monitoring purposes? :S  not sure if have good bass, i like the construction)
- 212 Pro ( I've heard lot of positive reviews on this one.... , but i dont like the frame :S looks filmsy, cheap construction)
- HD 203  (No clue? )
- HD 202 II  (  Cheap, ... no clue ?  ) 
- HD 201 ( Cheap,   No clue? ) 
- Eh 150 or 350   ( Monitoring purposes?..  :S no clue.. but  this last models are same construction :S looks cheap)

AKG  ( some ppl say that this brand is only for monitoring :S  ,  i mean not a good bass)

-K81 DJ   ( No clue,?  looks cheap  but portable)
-K99  ( Monitoring purposes? :s not a strong bass response?
-K77 ( same as k99)
-K44  ( same)
-K518LE  ( Looks ultra cheap, but portable)

DENON   (  ????? )  

- DN-HP500  ( ??? ) 
- DN-HP700  ( Well, this model looks cool, all black, solid construction but , sound quality???? no clue.)

American Audio  ( ? )

-HP 700  ( No clue ? )

Sony ( Nice)

MDR-XB300  ( good bass, not great headphone but  ): i like XB500 more, bad thing i cant buy them on my local store Q_Q ) 

Pioneer (Good brand)

- HDJ-500K   (this ones looks sturdy..!  but Sound quality? No clue? ) 
- SE-MJ5   ( No clue, but this ones comes with extra pads, extra cable?, is cheap, but sound quality? No clue)

Shure (Never heard this )

- SRH-440 ( Not a single clue? ) 

Skullcandy ( I promised never buy this brand, ppl say this are the worst, and i dont like the style either)
Beats by Dre Studio  ( Uhm?, expensive?, overpriced? , dont like this too much)

Well this are the AUDIO headphones i can afford.!,  but i can try with other models such SteelSeries Siberia V2 , !!  i know is a different category of headphone cuz this is more oriented to Gaming PC, but..? :S  i dunno just saying..?..,

I really appreciate the time of u guyz for reading this..., i know that probably this is not the Top of the list headphones, but this is what i can get.., ):  hope u guys understand,...  uhm... my english is not that great i know probably i miswrote some word, whatever.... but im still learning..., anyways... thanks a lot

Plz help! me ....it really matters for me, to make my final decision.!

Mar 16, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #13,016 of 29,490

Quote:
OK this is my first post ever in this website, and im sure somebody here can help me ):

well...thing is........,  i wanna get a good headphone..,  but, i don't know anything about specifications of the headphones! :S  its hard for me to compare head to head headphones cuz of that.. but i hope u guys can help me a bit. 

I was looking into my budget! and... i created a list of headphones i can buy, but, like i said before, i dont know which one fits me better.

Im looking a headphone with....

+  GOOD BASS! (first priority)
+  Nice sound overall ( dont have to be PERFECT , just good when u turn volume a lil bit up :wink: )
+  Nice construction or Durable (sturdy :wink:  ) 
+  Good with genres like ( Trance, Vocal trance, electro-house, techno, and some other electronic sounds....)
+  If the model can Fold, nice, if not... not a bit problem....
+  Ehm.. nothing more! :)

Im planning to use the headphone on my Ipod /  Iphone! .. and my computer.!! i dont have any DJ console ... or high impedance device? :S  i read online that i need a 25 - 35 ohm  ? which fits better my requirements i dunno if that's true.?..

Since i live in Venezuela! :S  is hard for me to find some models but... i can afford this ones.. imma make a list of brand/models, and what i think of each one, and i need u guys to tell me which one is the BEST.. here i go!

Sennheisers ( I like this brand, made in germany what else can i say :)   )

- HD 515  ( No clue ?  )
- HD 480 Pro  ( PPl say is for monitoring purposes? :S  not sure if have good bass, i like the construction)
- 212 Pro ( I've heard lot of positive reviews on this one.... , but i dont like the frame :S looks filmsy, cheap construction)
- HD 203  (No clue? )
- HD 202 II  (  Cheap, ... no clue ?  ) 
- HD 201 ( Cheap,   No clue? ) 
- Eh 150 or 350   ( Monitoring purposes?..  :S no clue.. but  this last models are same construction :S looks cheap)

AKG  ( some ppl say that this brand is only for monitoring :S  ,  i mean not a good bass)

-K81 DJ   ( No clue,?  looks cheap  but portable)
-K99  ( Monitoring purposes? :s not a strong bass response?
-K77 ( same as k99)
-K44  ( same)
-K518LE  ( Looks ultra cheap, but portable)

DENON   (  ????? )  

- DN-HP500  ( ??? ) 
- DN-HP700  ( Well, this model looks cool, all black, solid construction but , sound quality???? no clue.)

American Audio  ( ? )

-HP 700  ( No clue ? )

Sony ( Nice)

MDR-XB300  ( good bass, not great headphone but  ): i like XB500 more, bad thing i cant buy them on my local store Q_Q ) 

Pioneer (Good brand)

- HDJ-500K   (this ones looks sturdy..!  but Sound quality? No clue? ) 
- SE-MJ5   ( No clue, but this ones comes with extra pads, extra cable?, is cheap, but sound quality? No clue)

Shure (Never heard this )

- SRH-440 ( Not a single clue? ) 

Skullcandy ( I promised never buy this brand, ppl say this are the worst, and i dont like the style either)
Beats by Dre Studio  ( Uhm?, expensive?, overpriced? , dont like this too much)

Well this are the AUDIO headphones i can afford.!,  but i can try with other models such SteelSeries Siberia V2 , !!  i know is a different category of headphone cuz this is more oriented to Gaming PC, but..? :S  i dunno just saying..?..,

I really appreciate the time of u guyz for reading this..., i know that probably this is not the Top of the list headphones, but this is what i can get.., ):  hope u guys understand,...  uhm... my english is not that great i know probably i miswrote some word, whatever.... but im still learning..., anyways... thanks a lot

Plz help! me ....it really matters for me, to make my final decision.!

The Denon HP700s have some really good reviews, so you should go look those up around here. Also, the K81 and 518LE are the same, just in different colors. They're also fairly popular, and are known for strongish bass and pretty good isolation, though they clamp, and overall sound quality is a step under the HP700s.

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #13,017 of 29,490
Thanks for the recommendation even though i never tried other iems before except the triple.fi

Quote:
I've owned the Westone 4 and really enjoyed it. I've also owned the DT880 and AKG K702 (though not the the t70). That being said a HD600 and even a Fiio E9 handily beats the Westone 4. If you like the Westone 4, I think you'll enjoy the HD600 more than the DT880 or the AKG K702. If you've tried other iem, I'd compare the DT880 to the triple.fi and the AKG K702 to a ER4. You should be able to get that set up used for around $250-275.

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #13,018 of 29,490
Hi, I just gave up from buying from a store and I get my money back, so I seek an other place to buy also suggest for headphones. I am living in Turkey so it should have international shipping option.

I seek Clarity, GOOD mids, Seperetion and overall bass. I thought that I am an basshead but i dont. I want to be an audiophile and get the every detail in music. I just don't want too bright sound, gives me headache. I actually like dark sounding. The music that I listen most is Rap, but it is different from US rap, not bass oriented. Price range is max 200$.

I looked to Sony ZX700, SH HD 518 or any higher models that i can buy for 200$. What do suggest, I actually want brands SONY or Sennheiser. Or would you recommend something else?

Thanks.

P.s : Sorry for my bad English.

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #13,019 of 29,490

Quote:
The Denon HP700s have some really good reviews, so you should go look those up around here. Also, the K81 and 518LE are the same, just in different colors. They're also fairly popular, and are known for strongish bass and pretty good isolation, though they clamp, and overall sound quality is a step under the HP700s.

Okay so HP700! +   from denon...,  so no Sennheisers from that list?  i heard some really good things from the 212 pro's,  and some videos on utube... ?..  the  HD 480 pro looks cool ,..?  but bass? i dunno,...  my local store dealer recommend me the pioneer HDJ-500K  :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back