Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #33,841 of 35,472
Regarding these multi BA I'd say it's still kind off a hit and miss thing.

Last year I purchased a 4BA from Taobao that was (is) one of the worse IEM's I've ever heard and $120 waisted.

A couple of months ago I bought the $250 Super Audio 6BA and it's one of the best IEM's I've ever heard and does certainly punch above even it's pretty high price.

Just my 2c from my experience with Chinese multi BA's......

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #33,842 of 35,472

According to all of these impressions, it seems for now that 4in1 is the low budget king.

Well... Remax RM-800MD are better and still under $50.

Please give us more impressions 4in1 vs. Remax RM-800MD.

25$ for 4in1 (without cable) is really hard to beat in LOW budget range, imho.
50$ is just budget range. But if You don`t have MMCX cable to pair with 4in1, then remax could be better deal.
You made me interested about that new remax offering but would like to get more detailed impressions from You about differences vs. 4in1.

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #33,844 of 35,472
Regarding these multi BA I'd say it's still kind off a hit and miss thing.

Last year I purchased a 4BA from Taobao that was (is) one of the worse IEM's I've ever heard and $120 waisted.

A couple of months ago I bought the $250 Super Audio 6BA and it's one of the best IEM's I've ever heard and does certainly punch above even it's pretty high price.

Just my 2c from my experience with Chinese multi BA's......

Maybe take part of that 4BAs to see if there are 4BAs inside.

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #33,846 of 35,472
  Sigh. Pulled the trigger on **** 4in1 and Vivo XE800.

Don't care too much about other's comments. Especially those only say which one is better than which.
See the two famous reviewers' contradictory comments.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a91-sirius/reviews/16307

Sirius vs Fidue A83 ($299)
The main question that might be on the mind of many of Fidue’s loyal followers: how does the A83 compare to the new number 1 in line. The Sirius has a wider and taller soundstage, creating an overall bigger screen. In addition, notes are proportionally thicker to the larger stage; the A83 has a more distant instrument positioning. Because both the stage and instrument size is bigger, the sound is fuller and overall more engaging. In addition, the Sirius has better instrument definition.

This fuller sound is due to the more forward midrange, while the Sirius also has more mid-bass emphasis compared to the A83. While the A83’s sub-bass is punchy with bass-heavy tracks, the Sirius has a higher impact overall. The Sirius has a warmer and more pronounced midrange, with more vocal depth; vocals have greater density, and the A83 can sound a bit hollow in comparison. The A83’s signature is tilted slightly more towards the treble, compared to the more mid-centric Sirius; this can make A83’s tone sound a bit metallic in comparison, with a greater tendency towards sibilance. Overall, the Sirius retains the smooth house sound of the A83, while improving in all directions.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a91-sirius/reviews/16504

Sirius vs A83 - both have a similar height/depth while Sirius is more expanded in width.  A83 low end is more lifted, both sub-bass and mid-bass are higher in quantity, but not by a lot.  Lower mids in A83 are thinner, definitely not as much body as in Sirius, and upper mids are brighter, more revealing, and at the same time noticeably harsher in comparison (just in relative comparison considering Sirius upper mids are smooth and detailed).  A83 treble is brighter and crispier, with more airiness, but it also sounds a little harsher in comparison to Sirius.  There is definitely more coherency in Sirius driver tuning while A83 follows a more common 3-way hybrid tuning where you can distinguish low end performance of dynamic driver and upper mids/treble brighter tuning courtesy of BA drivers.

I just feel it's hard to trust any review from this website. It has little help to try to get a clear sense of a product. 

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #33,847 of 35,472
  Don't care too much about other's comments. Especially those only say which one is better than which.
See the two famous reviewers' contradictory comments.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a91-sirius/reviews/16307

Sirius vs Fidue A83 ($299)
The main question that might be on the mind of many of Fidue’s loyal followers: how does the A83 compare to the new number 1 in line. The Sirius has a wider and taller soundstage, creating an overall bigger screen. In addition, notes are proportionally thicker to the larger stage; the A83 has a more distant instrument positioning. Because both the stage and instrument size is bigger, the sound is fuller and overall more engaging. In addition, the Sirius has better instrument definition.

This fuller sound is due to the more forward midrange, while the Sirius also has more mid-bass emphasis compared to the A83. While the A83’s sub-bass is punchy with bass-heavy tracks, the Sirius has a higher impact overall. The Sirius has a warmer and more pronounced midrange, with more vocal depth; vocals have greater density, and the A83 can sound a bit hollow in comparison. The A83’s signature is tilted slightly more towards the treble, compared to the more mid-centric Sirius; this can make A83’s tone sound a bit metallic in comparison, with a greater tendency towards sibilance. Overall, the Sirius retains the smooth house sound of the A83, while improving in all directions.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a91-sirius/reviews/16504

Sirius vs A83 - both have a similar height/depth while Sirius is more expanded in width.  A83 low end is more lifted, both sub-bass and mid-bass are higher in quantity, but not by a lot.  Lower mids in A83 are thinner, definitely not as much body as in Sirius, and upper mids are brighter, more revealing, and at the same time noticeably harsher in comparison (just in relative comparison considering Sirius upper mids are smooth and detailed).  A83 treble is brighter and crispier, with more airiness, but it also sounds a little harsher in comparison to Sirius.  There is definitely more coherency in Sirius driver tuning while A83 follows a more common 3-way hybrid tuning where you can distinguish low end performance of dynamic driver and upper mids/treble brighter tuning courtesy of BA drivers.

I just feel it's hard to trust any review from this website. It has little help to try to get a clear sense of a product. 

do rmb source used is different

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #33,849 of 35,472
yangian You are aware that perception is an odd and tricky thing, right? This hobby is an entirely subjective thing, with people only able to give estimates and guesses based off their own experience, knowledge, sensory thresholds, and a number of other factors. It's not like we actually have the capability to measure sound stage dimensions. Yes I know it'd be helpful if there were quantifiable aspects, but in many cases there just aren't.

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #33,850 of 35,472
This is the place where the good reviewers are. The place to be. But it is still work. You need to read and learn and find who you agree with based on similar experience and what the recipe is(sources, tips, files etc.). You can't just show up here or anywhere and trust something. You read, try a few things and you'd discover and know, in the above example, which you would "trust" though it is more than trust because both may be trustworthy but with a different recipe won't get the same result. Then with enough homework done you can even adjust for the one's you don't quite agree with cause you learned how/why it is a bit different from your opinion and others. Takes time and reading and asking certain questions to get the best and whole picture. Then the why  "this one said this" and "that one said" will be understood.

Edit: Figured I'd expound by example. Take some of the good reviewers on the board. Joker, ClieOS, B9, Shigz, Brooko, Peter123, etc. and all are trustworthy. Trust is not agreement as stated by others due to all the variables from ear canals to tips to gear. My agreement percentage with them ranges from 80's - high 90's. Joker and I, for example, have exchanged over 100 loaners so I know him well and of course hearing the exact same earphones will do that. I don't subscribe to his getting the best seal with every earphone and some I let off of so they seem to breath better and know that I'll get a bit less of a bass slant and perhaps a little more balance. The 5% I don't agree I understand, account for, and can predict. Then the same goes for others. ClieOS is a lower 80's percent but I learned what to adjust from Tai's reviews even never having traded with him. Shigz is like 99% almost and it is regardless of gear or music style or ear anatomy. Odd but also depends on what they cover so maybe a bit more general big ideas than less minute stuff which may vary more. Not that I review much now but I did that and got a lot of "i agree 100% with what your hearing" thing since I kept it more general idea and averaged from 6 sources and kept to stock tips with addendum for my favorite. The taller soundstage thing is not necessarily that big a difference and can be source or ear tip(longer and narrower opening can give less tall but deeper stage perception) esp. since a reader may ascribe more difference between the two impressions than what really exists.

It is really true that you can really learn, ask the right q's and get to know and explain why one gets a taller stage and one doesn't or what have you. Even w/o hearing the earphones, if you know your ears and sources and ask the right questions(esp. to learn things like the mutliple BA and impedance and other power/pairing related issues) to fill things in as needed you can still get the answer to which of the impressions is closer to what you will hear. Not a 90% kind of thing. Certainly lower % accuracy but high enough to make a fine purchasing choice and not end up with surprises or real noticeable differences barring a malfunction/bad batch kind of thing.  

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #33,853 of 35,472
@yangian You are aware that perception is an odd and tricky thing, right? This hobby is an entirely subjective thing, with people only able to give estimates and guesses based off their own experience, knowledge, sensory thresholds, and a number of other factors. It's not like we actually have the capability to measure sound stage dimensions. Yes I know it'd be helpful if there were quantifiable aspects, but in many cases there just aren't.

As Audio123 reminded me, I ignored the factor of source. But you are right, listening is a very subjective thing. Everyone's comments are only a reference. high is harsh for one does not necessarily mean it's harsh for another and etc.
So people who can audio easily are really blessing!

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #33,854 of 35,472

As Audio123 reminded me, I ignored the factor of source. But you are right, listening is a very subjective thing. Everyone's comments are only a reference. high is harsh for one does not necessarily mean it's harsh for another and etc.
So people who can audio easily are really blessing!

ear canals are different

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #33,855 of 35,472
  So then I guess you have both to make that comment?

How else would I know?

@CoiL - 4in1 are brighter, more offensive on upper mids (but not harsh), not really universal sound, something like cheaper version of PMV A-01. RM800MD are more natural, with more emphasis on bass, also little V but still closer to neutral sound. Soundstage and detail level are similar, nothing really different.
I prefere **** in classical music, Remax in every other type of music.

And RM800MD are much more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back