Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #33,875 of 35,472
Maybe fiio m3?

Fiio M3 build quality is baddddd 
rolleyes.gif
 But the UI is one of the best

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #33,876 of 35,472
found something interesting on reddit    

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/online-retailer/gearbest-com-in-staten-island-ny-154606/

Holy shiit Gear Best has such a bad reputation... how the hell did they become head-fi sponsors??  Definitely not buying from them after reading that link...

I suggest people stick to known AE sellers, Penon and LMUE etc, just reading that page was a shocker!

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #33,877 of 35,472

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/online-retailer/gearbest-com-in-staten-island-ny-154606/

Holy shiit Gear Best has such a bad reputation... how the hell did they become head-fi sponsors??  Definitely not buying from them after reading that link...

I suggest people stick to known AE sellers, Penon and LMUE etc, just reading that page was a shocker!

I started reading some of those complaints and most of them are weird. Guy bought a watch and paid via PayPal but never got his money?  Sounds like a PayPal issue to me. 

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #33,880 of 35,472

I started reading some of those complaints and most of them are weird. Guy bought a watch and paid via PayPal but never got his money?  Sounds like a PayPal issue to me. 

My experience with GearBest has been primarily pretty damn great. GeekBuying is the place I have a SERIOUS issue. You can't make a judgement off of just a page, they have 83 reviews, and only 12 are negative/neutral. To me, that ain't bad. It's VERY difficult to have an B or higher rating when all of your items are shipping from China, plus the fact that they're not ACTUALLY based out of New York. Just because one has a USA warehouse, doesn't mean it's a USA HQ. :p

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #33,881 of 35,472

The company is based overseas, not in Staten Island. That could be a warehouse or entity, but not the actual company hq.

If you ever worked retail for more than a day (especially in customer service or a returns center), you know that the majority of people you deal with are idiots, are overly entitled, or are extremely demanding and rude. You will find just as many complaints against Amazon, it's sellers, and any other business of a decent size. I've ordered many items from Gearbest without any problems whatsoever, and George (the rep who helps with the sponsorship here) is great.

Had there have been any issues, we all would have mentioned it.

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #33,882 of 35,472
  The company is based overseas, not in Staten Island. That could be a warehouse or entity, but not the actual company hq.

If you ever worked retail for more than a day (especially in customer service or a returns center), you know that the majority of people you deal with are idiots, are overly entitled, or are extremely demanding and rude. You will find just as many complaints against Amazon, it's sellers, and any other business of a decent size. I've ordered many items from Gearbest without any problems whatsoever, and George (the rep who helps with the sponsorship here) is great.

beerchug.gif

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #33,883 of 35,472
  My experience with GearBest has been primarily pretty damn great. GeekBuying is the place I have a SERIOUS issue. You can't make a judgement off of just a page, they have 83 reviews, and only 12 are negative/neutral. To me, that ain't bad. It's VERY difficult to have an B or higher rating when all of your items are shipping from China, plus the fact that they're not ACTUALLY based out of New York. Just because one has a USA warehouse, doesn't mean it's a USA HQ. :p

While I am sure you had a great experience, the page shows a lot of unhappy people who directly complained against them. Not sure how the location of their HQ or warehouses have any bearing not he quality of service provided. One good experience doesn't negative a whole slew of reported negative experiences :)

And on amazon or AE if any seller had as many negative feedback they would be out of business quick. Not sure why they would be getting a free pass?

Like i mentioned before, the location of their HQ has no bearing on the service they should be providing their customers no? And yes people in general are quite difficult to work with especially in the service industry and customer service I hear ya. 

But I guess what I found shocking were these:

I think thats pretty clear imo. Feel free to disagree but one anecdote wont change my mind over all the other issues.

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #33,884 of 35,472

While I am sure you had a great experience, the page shows a lot of unhappy people who directly complained against them. Not sure how the location of their HQ or warehouses have any bearing not he quality of service provided. One good experience doesn't negative a whole slew of reported negative experiences :)

And on amazon or AE if any seller had as many negative feedback they would be out of business quick. Not sure why they would be getting a free pass?

Like i mentioned before, the location of their HQ has no bearing on the service they should be providing their customers no? And yes people in general are quite difficult to work with especially in the service industry and customer service I hear ya. 

But I guess what I found shocking were these:

I think thats pretty clear imo. Feel free to disagree but one anecdote wont change my mind over all the other issues.

Lol, well I can see where you're coming from on that from. Surprised they don't go out of their way to work WITH the BBB instead of just ignoring everything. T_T That does look quite bad. :p 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back