Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #33,856 of 35,472
  How else would I know?

@CoiL - 4in1 are brighter, more offensive on upper mids (but not harsh), not really universal sound, something like cheaper version of PMV A-01. RM800MD are more natural, with more emphasis on bass, also little V but still closer to neutral sound. Soundstage and detail level are similar, nothing really different.
I prefere **** in classical music, Remax in every other type of music.

And RM800MD are much more comfortable.

This is a great news to me. On Taobao site, they said the 4in1 is for symphony and concert

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #33,857 of 35,472
I had a listen to the NiceHck 8 + 1 last night for about 3 hours. Got it for a decent price because I buy so much from that seller.
Initial impressions are very positive. It is a very refined and well made iem. Bass is very well textured and not overpowering, mids are very detailed, highs have sparkle
and great decay. Signature so far would be described as balanced with more bass than neutral.  Craftsmanship looks world class too. They're about the size of the TFZ 3. Four large BA's and four smaller BA's and a small dynamic which I can measure later on or find the specs on the web, Gleam Audio on Tao or on the AE site. Soundstage and imaging are impressive as well. They project a great image in front of the eyes for me. Taller and wider stage than average and good depth too.  In short everything is in its right place and these Chi-Fi iems are
killer for the beans I spend. I'll post some photos soon, can;t tell if there is three or four sound bores going to the nozzle (it's mesh covered). Because the shell is clear I can see the tubes coming from the drivers and it looks like it's a 4 way crossover. More detailed impressions will follow, I'm burning them in before I say much morel

Sep 3, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #33,861 of 35,472
I'm still trying to find tips that work properly but my initial impression of the ZS3 would not be a bass head's earphone. Take that with a grain of salt, it's just an initial impression.

I've found the bass in my zs3! I found some double flange wide tips where the stem essentially runs the entire length of the tip except for maybe 1 or 2 mm. So cool.

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #33,863 of 35,472
  Only if You use wrong tips on them (narrow bore ones). I use large bore JVC Spirals Dot`s and they sound nowhere near harsh in the highs.

Seems my 4in1`s have enough playtime by now and soon I`ll do proper comparison against my ATE FF-mod. 
They sound very similar by short comparison btw, so, I`ve done really really good job with my FF-mod 
wink.gif

I think 4in1 wins this battle, though, FF-mod might have just slightly better soundstage (airier with slower decays) and slightly sparklier highs. But will do proper longer comparison soon to comfirm it.

Anyway, **** 4in1 gets first "hit and run budget king" title from me, and it doesn`t need any modifications (just use large bore tips).

Just for a reminder, I use translucent silver plated OFC Tennmak upgrade cable ( http://bit.ly/2bThcS0 ) + JVC Spiral Dot tips.

Good to know!.....Thanks 'CoiL'!

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #33,865 of 35,472
I had a listen to the NiceHck 8 + 1 last night for about 3 hours. Got it for a decent price because I buy so much from that seller.
Initial impressions are very positive. It is a very refined and well made iem. Bass is very well textured and not overpowering, mids are very detailed, highs have sparkle
and great decay. Signature so far would be described as balanced with more bass than neutral.  Craftsmanship looks world class too. They're about the size of the TFZ 3. Four large BA's and four smaller BA's and a small dynamic which I can measure later on or find the specs on the web, Gleam Audio on Tao or on the AE site. Soundstage and imaging are impressive as well. They project a great image in front of the eyes for me. Taller and wider stage than average and good depth too.  In short everything is in its right place and these Chi-Fi iems are
killer for the beans I spend. I'll post some photos soon, can;t tell if there is three or four sound bores going to the nozzle (it's mesh covered). Because the shell is clear I can see the tubes coming from the drivers and it looks like it's a 4 way crossover. More detailed impressions will follow, I'm burning them in before I say much morel

Could they be end game iem?

Sep 3, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #33,867 of 35,472
Regarding these multi BA I'd say it's still kind off a hit and miss thing.

Last year I purchased a 4BA from Taobao that was (is) one of the worse IEM's I've ever heard and $120 waisted.

A couple of months ago I bought the $250 Super Audio 6BA and it's one of the best IEM's I've ever heard and does certainly punch above even it's pretty high price.

Just my 2c from my experience with Chinese multi BA's......
hi Peter!
I was in a tug of war between the Super Audio 6BA and Rose BR5 in the beginning, and finally ordered the 6BA, partly was due to reading your favourable review!
From here I would say everyone of us has a little responsibility of putting up comments not only honest but accuracy to the best of our knowledge and understanding in order to have our words to carry some weights!

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #33,868 of 35,472
Anyone know where i should go from the MM T012s?  I want to stick with that presentation of thick notes and midbass but a bit more detailing and sound stage.  I'm up for non-Chinese branding.  I'd like to also go with something smaller than the kegs (in case those recommend).

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #33,869 of 35,472

how much did you get them for?

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #33,870 of 35,472
Are there any owners of the Seahf IEM being sold by HCK in here? Even though it is under $20 I am super impatient.

as far as i know it's the only IEM Seahf makes, all their other stuff is earbuds, and the earbuds are really good. I almost never use IEMs anymore so cheap ones are ok for me.

they look like a good shape, use MMCX cable (i'm going to need to buy a nice one if i like it), and comes with option of mic or no mic, black, blue, red or blue/red mix. Good selection for under $20.

I am very hopeful they will sound up to par with my expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back