Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #33,811 of 35,472
Sep 2, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #33,812 of 35,472
Has anyone tried the **** ue?

At this price tag, I think you should get the XE800 instead or save a bit more to get the 4in1 
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #33,813 of 35,472
All this 4in1 hype makes me wonder really a lot about the makers: ****...

From the performance point of view they seem to have really nice drivers (DD and BA) according to most feedback, so the raw quality of these OEM components seems good, which leads me to believe they are expensive... Then comes the tunning of each driver and also the crossover between them, which when correctly made, take a lot of time, a lot of R&D, trial and error, leading to a lot of money spent on that process.

At the same time comes the design and tunning of the enclosure itself.

Then mass production, materials used...

How the heck can they profit from this?

Knowing we have other earphones 10x the price?

Are those overpriced? Are these underpriced?

Looking from way outside in, it's tough to know what's happening. You've got obvious winners like Venture Electronics, FiiO, DUNU and others but you can only guess about the rest of the makers; whether they're trying to grow into one of those or something else. Pure speculation on my part, but I think it's easier to work with 1 or 2 DD and 1 or maybe 2 BA; fit your components in the housing you've got, give it a listen and if its OK see if the market buys. When you get multi BA things get really complex and the lack of interest in real attention to tuning, cross overs and matching stuff to housings starts to become apparent. That's also why there's lack of continuity and maturation and you'll sometimes get something like a TTPOD T1 followed by the TTPOD T2--the investment is in mix and matching components not the skills that lead to increased product quality and complexity.
I'd be happy if anyone who knows more about this would correct me if I'm wrong--as I said this is just my guessing looking from the outside.

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #33,814 of 35,472

benjie s5

how does it sounds compare to iPhone 4s 
etysmile.gif

thanks for the reply too.
About the DIY brands like ****, TINGO...
If you guys have time, please visit the 1688.com or alibaba.com market, It's the biggest site of wholesaling component like housing, driver, cable, ... The price is very very cheap if you buy many (like some dozens), after a few trials (with luck of course), you should get a good pair of IEMs. Even the 4in1 has insane value, it still makes good profit.
The biggest problem of those DIY brands still the quality control, like KZ has bad reputation about bad QC

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #33,815 of 35,472
High end audio is one of the biggest scams going. 
All this 4in1 hype makes me wonder really a lot about the makers: ****...

From the performance point of view they seem to have really nice drivers (DD and BA) according to most feedback, so the raw quality of these OEM components seems good, which leads me to believe they are expensive... Then comes the tunning of each driver and also the crossover between them, which when correctly made, take a lot of time, a lot of R&D, trial and error, leading to a lot of money spent on that process.

At the same time comes the design and tunning of the enclosure itself.

Then mass production, materials used...

How the heck can they profit from this?

Knowing we have other earphones 10x the price?

Are those overpriced? Are these underpriced?

High end audio is one of the biggest scams going.  Almost everything is drastically overpriced.  This thread is a testament to that.  An awful lot of what people perceive as differences in sound quality are attributable to differences in equalization. 

The people involved in producing high end audio are keenly aware that their business rests on perception psychology as opposed to truly substantive technological innovations.  It's a great business; I'm not criticizing the people who produce equipment, I admire their business savvy for seeing such a naive market and opportunity for profit.   

Check out the sound science section of the forum if you're truly curious about understanding the economics of audio equipment. 

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #33,816 of 35,472
  High end audio is one of the biggest scams going. 

High end audio is one of the biggest scams going.  Almost everything is drastically overpriced.  This thread is a testament to that.  An awful lot of what people perceive as differences in sound quality are attributable to differences in equalization. 

The people involved in producing high end audio are keenly aware that their business rests on perception psychology as opposed to truly substantive technological innovations.  It's a great business; I'm not criticizing the people who produce equipment, I admire their business savvy for seeing such a naive market and opportunity for profit.   

Check out the sound science section of the forum if you're truly curious about understanding the economics of audio equipment. 

^ This. I'm not saying uber expensive gear isn't excellent, but most of the time drastic overpricing or a material that is rare and very expensive is used with little to no actual measurable performance increase.

Had these foreign brands not have gotten the attention they have, I would have given up on affordable high quality earphones a long time ago. 

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #33,817 of 35,472

Looking from way outside in, it's tough to know what's happening. You've got obvious winners like Venture Electronics, FiiO, DUNU and others but you can only guess about the rest of the makers; whether they're trying to grow into one of those or something else. Pure speculation on my part, but I think it's easier to work with 1 or 2 DD and 1 or maybe 2 BA; fit your components in the housing you've got, give it a listen and if its OK see if the market buys. When you get multi BA things get really complex and the lack of interest in real attention to tuning, cross overs and matching stuff to housings starts to become apparent. That's also why there's lack of continuity and maturation and you'll sometimes get something like a TTPOD T1 followed by the TTPOD T2--the investment is in mix and matching components not the skills that lead to increased product quality and complexity.
I'd be happy if anyone who knows more about this would correct me if I'm wrong--as I said this is just my guessing looking from the outside.

dunu and fiio are going downhill with their product line.
why fiio x7 when there is ak300/dpx1
why dunu dk4001 when there is phantom hunter/fidue sirius

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #33,819 of 35,472
Market will balance itself, and these overpriced gears will either disappear or be sold at lower, fairer prices...
And true inovation will come on top of them, which I'm betting will come from the slow death of the 3,5 mm jack and the adoption of USB-C audio jack with integrated DAP, DSP and Amp specifically tuned to the strengths and lows of the drivers in use, but this is just my own speculation...

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #33,820 of 35,472
Could anyone recommend me what to get? I usually listen to the billboard 100’s ,edm and some acoustic music. Any suggestions are welcomed

Price range?

MusicMaker TKH1 is a solid option IMO for the genres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back