Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #18,542 of 35,472

@TwinACStacks, how would you describe them, compared to the Deltas?

cool.gif
Brighter overall. Detailed beyond belief, (due some to the Brighter sig. I'm sure), Way more balanced. Bass is much faster and more controlled. The soundstage is weird to describe. It is Enormous but focused. It is not overly wide but it is as 3 dimensional as I've ever heard. You hear things in recordings you never knew were there and they come at you from all directions. ADD TO THIS the best channel separation I've heard yet to date and you get kind of an Idea. At first listen you might think it was "congested" until you hear it bloom. It can take you to the bow scraping the violin's strings, the floutist moving their feet, and then transport you to the 7th row in an Ampitheater in front of the whole Symphony Orchestra production. The descriptive term that keeps coming to my mind is: "Surgically Precise". These are pretty much the Earphone Version of AKG K701 only with more bass extension.

The Four Seasons (my fave) by Vivaldi is STUNNING.

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #18,543 of 35,472
By any chance have you compared the Bette's to these:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-Go-Pro-K3003-Ring-Iron-Earphones-Better-Than-IE800-IE80-Fever-HIFI-In-ear-Move/32447398881.html

cool.gif
No I have not. But they are on my short list to buy. I have heard they are very good and have an insanely wide sound stage presentation. Best Price on those I have seen is about $79 USD. If they are 1/2 as good as the Real ones (AKG) they would be well worth it.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #18,544 of 35,472
This questioned can't be directly answered because it's a matter of preference. Yes, some will definitely say either one is an upgrade depending on their preference.

I do find it easier to recommend the Macaws because they offered three tuning filters. They have a awesome level of detail and separation as well.

The fit is tricky. The housings are pretty heavy and without the right tip they can be a real PITA.

The KC06a is epic with a forward presentation and plenty of bass response.

I guess the better thing to do would be to ask what improvements you would like to see over the T1E. That would make this question easier to answer.

Cheers

What tips are you using with the Macaws?

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #18,546 of 35,472
I use longer-ish tips with my Macaws also but I don't have a problem with the fit. They sit pretty flush for me with the right tips.

Regarding the GT100s vs. the KC06. I prefer the GT100s but you have to keep in mind it isolates better, and has a sound-sig that isn't suited well for all genres IMO. The Ostry is more well-rounded, but can't hit the heights the Macaw can reach with the right tracks. At times, the Macaw sounds incredible.

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #18,548 of 35,472
From China to Poland (via France and Germany) - 5 days from ordering :)

Quote:

What tips are you using with the Macaws?

VSonic foams:
http://penonaudio.com/VSONIC-Soft-Foam-EarTips?search=vsonic&sort=p.price&order=ASC

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #18,553 of 35,472

Yes- they're excellent.

i've been eyeing them for long now. Dint buy them since i couldn't find many reviews. Can you compare them to your Ali LTD and Titan1 ?

thanks

Sep 29, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #18,554 of 35,472
:cool: No I have not. But they are on my short list to buy. I have heard they are very good and have an insanely wide sound stage presentation. Best Price on those I have seen is about $79 USD. If they are 1/2 as good as the Real ones (AKG) they would be well worth it.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Yeah I agree, and can't wait to try them, the strange thing with the pricing on them, because it's is the original cable is more expensive in price, and the upgraded silver cables are cheaper. Edit: seller changed the differences.
Any other company want more $ for upgraded cables, I guess it's a good example of supply and demand.

Does anybody know if these can be opened easily for a cable change over?

(Or are they glued shut permanently)

Thanks.....:beers:

Sep 29, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #18,555 of 35,472
Anyone heard or have any info on these? They look cool but it'd be nice if someone actually had heard them.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Headphone-Earphone-For-Phone-Sport-Headset-with-microphone-ecouteur-audifonos-fone-de-ouvido-auriculares-original-Y1/830204_32394747875.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Headphone-Sport-Earphone-Waterproof-Mobile-Running-Headset-with-microphone-Stereo-MP3-earhook-W5/830204_32392864153.html

thanks for any and all info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back