Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #6,946 of 35,472
https://www.facebook.com/obravoaudio/posts/719896438080284

A world first and only Planner Magnetics driver and Dynamic Neodymium driver Hybrid design over-ear headphone, HRIB-1, is now ready to production.

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #6,947 of 35,472

A world first and only Planner Magnetics driver and Dynamic Neodymium driver Hybrid design over-ear headphone, HRIB-1, is now ready to production.

WOW! Those looks amazing. Better start saving some money though :)

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #6,948 of 35,472

I tried a pair of them out back in May and well... Thought they sounded good but albeit a bit different. For $2000 it is a tad much but who knows they may have changed some since then.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 3, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #6,950 of 35,472
I just ordered the takstar hi2050. It looks really comfortable and reviews say they are very balanced sounding. They should be a compliment to my ATH-M50.

Also picked up a new kz model, kz-es. Looks like it could be a game changer.

The Takstar Hi2050 and the newer HI 1200 were the only two Takstars I didn't like. 2050 was too bright for me.

New KZ eh? It shall be mine.

Sep 3, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #6,951 of 35,472
Finally they arrive ....some ...happy for you ..

Congratulations! You probably are the first one in Brazil to own KZ. :)

Thanks ! i don´t know if I am the first! but finally arrived :)
My fake sennheiser is really bad in front of this kz-a1 i will put some pics on kz thread :)
if this one, the less expensive one is great! need some Equalization to sound better, but is great without it too :)
I'm wondering the kz-gr and the kzese ttpod, havis, xe800 and with the dac and amp :) great great lol
I can't review because i don't know how to yet... :)

Sep 3, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #6,952 of 35,472
Remember, preference plays a huge role in how people rank their stuff. I like warm signatures with good detail and clarity and solid bass in quantity and quality.

The GR07BE is awesome guys. Some people say that it trumps their $300-$400-$500 stuff, customs, and sometimes more. You have to hear it to understand just how good it is. If this xe800 hangs with my beloved GR07BE in most or all categories it's the deal of the century. The current asking price of $130 for the GR07BE is an amazing deal IMHO. If there's a equally good iem for under $100 is a game changer. We will see.

The XE800 is almost certainly better than the GR07BE. Like the BE, It has more bass than the regular GR07 but unlike its Vsonic siblings the treble is less peaky and if there is resonance it's not as noticeable as with the GR07 shell. As a bonus, you can tune the bass by playing with the vents to achieve whatever quantity you prefer. So yes, it indeed was a crazy bargain when it went for 50$ and it's still competitively priced at double that price. The cable is still crap though 
tongue.gif

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #6,953 of 35,472
Thanks ! i don´t know if I am the first! but finally arrived :)
My fake sennheiser is really bad in front of this kz-a1 i will put some pics on kz thread :)
if this one, the less expensive one is great! need some Equalization to sound better, but is great without it too :)
I'm wondering the kz-gr and the kzese ttpod, havis, xe800 and with the dac and amp :) great great lol
I can't review because i don't know how to yet... :)

You be loving EDSE and GR more if you like A1 outta box ....as for Havi Ttpod and XE800 ..they are really that good ...so no worry mate ...good buy :)

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #6,957 of 35,472
An honest sane person would probably let ebay know that you received 2, instead of 1.  An upstanding vendor would recognize it was his/her mistake (not yours) and thank you for your honesty and allow you to keep both for the price of one...  Then you are free to decide what you want to do with them...

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #6,958 of 35,472
An honest sane person would probably let ebay know that you received 2, instead of 1.  An upstanding vendor would recognize it was his/her mistake (not yours) and thank you for your honesty and allow you to keep both for the price of one...  Then you are free to decide what you want to do with them...

Yeah I'll contact the seller

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #6,960 of 35,472
Remember, preference plays a huge role in how people rank their stuff. I like warm signatures with good detail and clarity and solid bass in quantity and quality.

The GR07BE is awesome guys. Some people say that it trumps their $300-$400-$500 stuff, customs, and sometimes more. You have to hear it to understand just how good it is. If this xe800 hangs with my beloved GR07BE in most or all categories it's the deal of the century. The current asking price of $130 for the GR07BE is an amazing deal IMHO. If there's a equally good iem for under $100 is a game changer. We will see.

GR07 is indeed very good, in that it's hard to fault and quite unique in timbre. I was reading a comment the other day by someone saying even though they found another IEM 'technically' superior they didn't care preferring GR07BE, and I can totally understand where they're coming from with that statement.

I recently loaned a GR07 MK2 and bought the guy out for the same reasons mentioned above. That and GR07 MK2 are hard to find now.

About the $300 - $400 accomplishment statement:

When I first started this hobby I would laugh at anyone saying a $150 odd dollar Chinese IEM could outdo a 3-4 driver / high end earphone. But since hearing many $350 > earphones that statement holds much truth.

I ordered 1 off eBay and they sent 2. What do I do ?

Oh, be sure to contact the seller now. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back