Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #6,978 of 35,472
I noticed almost none/none of the recommendations have a microphone on them.

Can someone recommend a cheap and good iem that has a microphone and some sort of inline control for answering phone (to be used with Android phone)?

Sep 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #6,980 of 35,472
Okay guys, I'm not keeping up here after starting a new job! This is not good!

Just received my penon iem as well as vsd3s which I planned to gift although Im a bit tempted to open the vsd3s... must resist!

However, I had a friend over who was asking about iems and not really looking to spend much, I told him the pistons would be an excellent choice, however he was bummed out that if the tax man opens his package the price close to doubles and kinda didnt want to spend so much. He loves EDM so I thought to myself that maybe KZ ED might be a good choice for him. Anything from kz ed to pistons in price range that is worth looking into? Also very preferably from shops in china and not hong kong due to some tax that can be evaded that way.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kz-ed-Special-Edition-Professional-In-Ear-Headphones-metal-bass-sound-enthusiast-pour-blood-work-year/1987244299.html?PID=6146845&src=ale&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aliexpress.com%2Fitem%2Fkz-ed-Special-Edition-Professional-In-Ear-Headphones-metal-bass-sound-enthusiast-pour-blood-work-year%2F1987244299.html&cv=11032041&cn=null&tp1=kqrie1ac4mpf&tracelog=null&af=cj_6146845&vd=30

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #6,982 of 35,472
  Okay guys, I'm not keeping up here after starting a new job! This is not good!

Just received my penon iem as well as vsd3s which I planned to gift although Im a bit tempted to open the vsd3s... must resist!

However, I had a friend over who was asking about iems and not really looking to spend much, I told him the pistons would be an excellent choice, however he was bummed out that if the tax man opens his package the price close to doubles and kinda didnt want to spend so much. He loves EDM so I thought to myself that maybe KZ ED might be a good choice for him. Anything from kz ed to pistons in price range that is worth looking into? Also very preferably from shops in china and not hong kong due to some tax that can be evaded that way.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kz-ed-Special-Edition-Professional-In-Ear-Headphones-metal-bass-sound-enthusiast-pour-blood-work-year/1987244299.html?PID=6146845&src=ale&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aliexpress.com%2Fitem%2Fkz-ed-Special-Edition-Professional-In-Ear-Headphones-metal-bass-sound-enthusiast-pour-blood-work-year%2F1987244299.html&cv=11032041&cn=null&tp1=kqrie1ac4mpf&tracelog=null&af=cj_6146845&vd=30

Those KZ ED Special Edition are really some great iems and are so inexpensive. Between the Pistons and those I prefer the U-shaped sound of the KZ EDSE more than stock Pistons. The pistons are good but was a bit too much of a v shaped sound signature stock, after modding it the mids become more forward along with the treble and tightened up the bass. Packaging on the pistons is better than the kz and the 3 button android remote is super useful that I've been using my pistons as my gym iem.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #6,983 of 35,472
Thanks for the quick replies guys, I'm going to recommend the KZ ED to him, I think it might be a good exposure to this hobby as it will be pretty mind blowing performance to him. Also, you need a level of headphone love that not everybody has to go modding your iems :)

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #6,984 of 35,472
Those KZ ED Special Edition are really some great iems and are so inexpensive. Between the Pistons and those I prefer the U-shaped sound of the KZ EDSE more than stock Pistons. The pistons are good but was a bit too much of a v shaped sound signature stock, after modding it the mids become more forward along with the treble and tightened up the bass. Packaging on the pistons is better than the kz and the 3 button android remote is super useful that I've been using my pistons as my gym iem.

Lol I totally forgot I ordered this already in August. I used the link to order it just now and realised its been shipped lol.

Sep 5, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #6,985 of 35,472
Posted in TTPod T1E thrread ...

TTPOD T1E Review

Background

Be using me NX1 amp for this review ( they do work very well without amp ) ....fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' iem ....housing is big but not a problem with fitting ....can be worn down or over the ears ...me prefer down ..... though they are huge but its actually very comfy and insertion is shallow and very good for long listening session ....guaranteed to make you break out and do some nasty move fosho'.....me sure did ..muahahhaaaaaaaa

Right out of the gate .....me gotta say ...its a must have for those who already owned Havi ...as it will compliment on your iem signature collection ....with Havi being more technical vs T1E fun factor without sacrificing too much on detail and clarity ....damm good buy for under USD50 or less.

Sound

Dual dynamic driver is excellent on these babies .....awesome bass performance ...the show stopper and main attraction .....quality bass texture  but not overblown with good attack , impact is very engaging with good speed, aggressive and in your face presentation while the sub bass is imho tonally right with incredible extension that don't bleed into mid ...." MUSICAL " and "FUN"
Put it this way ....if you have Havi ..this is the type of girl you bring home to meet the parents .. type your parents will approve 

but with T1E ..its the kind of girl you wanna bring to the club and partyyyyyyyyyyyy.....and you know you gonna have a good time 

The  mid is lush and forward ...giving it a very smooth, warm and very musical sound .....with good details......damm the electric guitar sounds good with BITE ....together with the sweet bass ...its a knock out punch combination 

Treble is clear though not extended as me would like ......but they do shimmer n sizzle with the right dose standing head to head with the bass and the mid ....not overly bright ....very smooth and more forgiving when the music gets busy ....very ideal in the whole sound signature ....." SIZZLE" ...they do

Sound-stage is above average with depth and width ..isolation is good imho .....have to get the right seal and fit ...details are also good considering the bass is the scene stealer here ...

Conclusion ....if you are not a bass head but do enjoy "thump" in your sound or you be bass head but do enjoy some detail,clarity and good lush mid ....its a good iem to get with copious amount of good fun quality bass that me think will satisfy many ...without limiting your choice of music genre by getting a bass head iem or neutralish iem...

Hope you enjoy the review ...here are some image that most aptly describes T1E in me head ..." FUN"  ....not for children !

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Sep 5, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #6,986 of 35,472
Good Job Wokei! Glad that you're liking the ttpodEs. Looking forward to trying them out 
tongue.gif

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #6,989 of 35,472

I agree, the EDSE is redicoulsy good for the price. A bit to bassy for my preference but extreme value.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I'm going to recommend the KZ ED to him, I think it might be a good exposure to this hobby as it will be pretty mind blowing performance to him. Also, you need a level of headphone love that not everybody has to go modding your iems :)

Good choice!

@Wokei

Fantastic review again man, seems as you've found your review format and me like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back