Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #18,406 of 35,472
too bad the upcoming X7 stomps all over the Ak players :rolleyes: . The X7 is already in hands of reviewers and heard from my friend (who has the X7 and has heard all the AK players and other TOTL DAPS) that it schiits all over the AK players. And also Hifiman HE1000 is considered to be one of the best headphones on the market, period. If you would willingly choose an inferior product, by all means go ahead :wink:

While I respect your personal taste and preferences, and just as much as I look forward to X7 for being an innovative product, I don't ever think that X7 will be an end-game dap, less so when comparing to AK240-380 with much more superior clocking mechanism. A&K is not only about ripping people off, so 2400-3800 vs sub 1000$, what are we looking at ? Whether human can observe/perceive these "techs", it is there for the price.

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #18,411 of 35,472
too bad the upcoming X7 stomps all over the Ak players :rolleyes: . The X7 is already in hands of reviewers and heard from my friend (who has the X7 and has heard all the AK players and other TOTL DAPS) that it schiits all over the AK players. And also Hifiman HE1000 is considered to be one of the best headphones on the market, period. If you would willingly choose an inferior product, by all means go ahead :wink:

Lol. I don't need to come at you. I have AK380 and AK Layla.
To each his own.

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #18,414 of 35,472
Su
Sure but seriuoisly if you like Chinese made stuff that's great . I personally wouldn't buy anything if I could avoid it. Japanese stuff on the other hand .... I would .

To each their own, I like trying a wide variety of gear and the chinese IEM market is an exciting, dynamic and fast moving market with frequent improvements and breakthroughs. Always something to look forward to.

The only chinese made goods I avoid are guitars; I prefer Japan, Korea or made in USA 
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #18,416 of 35,472
To date best assembly and parts quality in a phone has been found in xiaomi mi4, which my wife owns. Not even a slightest lag, sluggishness after 8 months. I personally went for uber cheap Meizu m2 note and found an absolutely great tool to use, I imagine how better it gets then Meizu's premium devices are used.
I wonder why UK government is signing a contract with Chinese to built nuclear power plant or US doing the same to build high speed rail.
It gets down to quality control and entrepreneurship. You will never sacrifice quality to maintain long term presence on the market.

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #18,417 of 35,472
I have ordered these diy k3003, they look nice, expensive, but I figure the balanced armature's are not cheap. And there are 4 in total.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Improved-Version-Better-Than-IE800-IE80-IE8-HIFI-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphones-enthusiast-headset/32439793220.html

I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Sep 27, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #18,418 of 35,472
I have ordered these diy k3003, they look nice, expensive, but I figure the balanced armature's are not cheap. And there are 4 in total.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Improved-Version-Better-Than-IE800-IE80-IE8-HIFI-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphones-enthusiast-headset/32439793220.html

And I'm looking forward to your impression on it. I'm curious about them but there's to few owners yet to make any conclusions.

Sep 27, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #18,419 of 35,472
And I'm looking forward to your impression on it. I'm curious about them but there's to few owners yet to make any conclusions.

I am also surprised it hasn't caught on with the other side of the world, but with most western people programmed into following some sort of hype I can see how it doesn't happen.

I can thank @1clearhead for helping pull the trigger, now for the extremely long waiting as my parcel takes the long boat from China. Probably 4 weeks, I should have asked for e parcel delivery.

Sep 27, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #18,420 of 35,472

4 in total? I thought that this are hybrids, 2BA + 1D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back