Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #17,956 of 35,472

cool.gif
The Zircon's are indeed a great earphone, probably the Best I've run into from a Price/Performance level for inexpensive phones. However they DO have genre-specific limitations. Their Bass, While EXCEPTIONAL for Trance and EDM is a Tad slow for Speed METAL. I find them Stunning for Classical and Jazz as well.

My NEW #1 is However: IS ABSOLUTELY the Bette (F3) 10mm. I can't begin to describe how layered and Balanced it's signature is. The Bass is just well.... Natural, but can summon up EDM Bass in spades if needed. Tight, fast, percussive, it Easily Keeps up with Speed Metal. Everything is balanced. I thought at first these were a little too Bright. I take that back. They are exactly Right. I had them on almost 8 Hrs. Last night and did not suffer a Treble headache like I'm prone to with Brighter phones Like the Dunu Titan. It's just that they are SO revealing and detailed. I threw the most sibilant recording at them that I've encountered yet which is the EQ on the Vocals of SOAK's interpretation of Zeps Immigrant song. The vocals border on sssss, right off the recording. I pushed them HARD and fairly LOUD on the Bettes and they rendered them as Recorded without jumping into the dreaded sssssss.... trailing off into the Sunset. The Mids are fantastic and step forward when needed but are unobtrusive. AGAIN VERY BALANCED.

The Biggest surprise is the GIGANTIC Soundstage. It's simply 3D. If any one of you has had the pleasure of listening to a concert in an Acoustically Engineered Ampitheater like a Half Shell, (think Hollywood Bowl or The Hatch Memorial Shell in Boston off the Charles River), then you can relate to this description. NOW combine that 3D Presentation with the BEST L/R Stereo Separation of Channels I have ever personally heard from Earphones or Headphones, and well.... that is the Presentation as best I can describe it. It surrounds you at Least 180 degrees and then centers intimately right in front of you.

The ONLY type of Music I didn't throw at Them was RAP or HIP HOP as I simply don't do those genres of....er....."Music".

These are My impressions, You may not hear the same thing. But as of Right NOW 9/12/15 these are my New Top Dogs. Displacing my Trinity Deltas 9which I dearly love), and Dunu Titans.

I still love the ZIRCON's excitement but frankly, they can't keep up with the Bettes either, BUT They have a Specific niche' in my collection. I'm really interested to find out How the CKR9LTDs do against them.

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Are you talking about these?

Sep 12, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #17,958 of 35,472
Sep 12, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #17,959 of 35,472

cool.gif
The Zircon's are indeed a great earphone, probably the Best I've run into from a Price/Performance level for inexpensive phones. However they DO have genre-specific limitations. Their Bass, While EXCEPTIONAL for Trance and EDM is a Tad slow for Speed METAL. I find them Stunning for Classical and Jazz as well.

My NEW #1 is However: IS ABSOLUTELY the Bette (F3) 10mm. I can't begin to describe how layered and Balanced it's signature is. The Bass is just well.... Natural, but can summon up EDM Bass in spades if needed. Tight, fast, percussive, it Easily Keeps up with Speed Metal. Everything is balanced. I thought at first these were a little too Bright. I take that back. They are exactly Right. I had them on almost 8 Hrs. Last night and did not suffer a Treble headache like I'm prone to with Brighter phones Like the Dunu Titan. It's just that they are SO revealing and detailed. I threw the most sibilant recording at them that I've encountered yet which is the EQ on the Vocals of SOAK's interpretation of Zeps Immigrant song. The vocals border on sssss, right off the recording. I pushed them HARD and fairly LOUD on the Bettes and they rendered them as Recorded without jumping into the dreaded sssssss.... trailing off into the Sunset. The Mids are fantastic and step forward when needed but are unobtrusive. AGAIN VERY BALANCED.

The Biggest surprise is the GIGANTIC Soundstage. It's simply 3D. If any one of you has had the pleasure of listening to a concert in an Acoustically Engineered Ampitheater like a Half Shell, (think Hollywood Bowl or The Hatch Memorial Shell in Boston off the Charles River), then you can relate to this description. NOW combine that 3D Presentation with the BEST L/R Stereo Separation of Channels I have ever personally heard from Earphones or Headphones, and well.... that is the Presentation as best I can describe it. It surrounds you at Least 180 degrees and then centers intimately right in front of you.

The ONLY type of Music I didn't throw at Them was RAP or HIP HOP as I simply don't do those genres of....er....."Music".

These are My impressions, You may not hear the same thing. But as of Right NOW 9/12/15 these are my New Top Dogs. Displacing my Trinity Deltas 9which I dearly love), and Dunu Titans.

I still love the ZIRCON's excitement but frankly, they can't keep up with the Bettes either, BUT They have a Specific niche' in my collection. I'm really interested to find out How the CKR9LTDs do against them.

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Who I should believe:
4.0 out of 5 starsSome design flaws, but good sound, decent bass for such small light units.
ByC. Suelzleon September 8, 2015
Color: Blue & BlackVerified Purchase

I compared these directly to more expensive ear buds, and I prefer the sound of these ones. The bass is better, and the treble and mid-range are clearer. But there are cons. They are: 3. The sound-stage seems somewhat contracted, compared to other earphones I'm using.

Sep 12, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #17,961 of 35,472
  Who I should believe:
4.0 out of 5 starsSome design flaws, but good sound, decent bass for such small light units.
ByC. Suelzleon September 8, 2015
Color: Blue & BlackVerified Purchase

I compared these directly to more expensive ear buds, and I prefer the sound of these ones. The bass is better, and the treble and mid-range are clearer. But there are cons. They are: 3. The sound-stage seems somewhat contracted, compared to other earphones I'm using.

Ha, ha I read that Amazon review and thought the same thing.

Sep 12, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #17,962 of 35,472
cool.gif
  I have These: I know they are genuine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

YOU have to decide WHAT YOU like. Not based on reviews. Mine or Off Amazon or aliexpress.

These are MY impressions based on A/Bing them Directly against 2 VERY well thought of IEMs That I also Own. And my Audio memory of several I have sold.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 12, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #17,963 of 35,472
Let's focus on some new stuff shall we? Both of these are 6mm tip-mounted micro dynamic drivers btw :3 Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

BYZ K17

m.aliexpress.com/item/32453351694.html?productId=32453351694&productSubject=Best-Headphones-BYZ-K17-Ceramic-headphones-ear-bass-headphones-Ewrephones-with-microphone-Noise-canceling-headphones&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

Remax RM-702

m.aliexpress.com/item/1992998496.html?productId=1992998496&productSubject=New-arrival-High-quality-headphones-ceramics-casque-audio-multi-function-fone-de-ouvido-mini-headset-earpods&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

When they arrive in ten AliExpress years we shall see how they stack up vs. the KZ Micro Ring, my replica EPH-100s (which are pretty awesome) and some random JVCs no one has heard of.

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #17,964 of 35,472
Sep 12, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #17,965 of 35,472
  What scares me the most is you are the only one who feels that way about them...just sayin   
confused.gif

cool.gif
Keep in Mind your source for reviews are from the same Place that declared that the Zircons HAD NO BASS.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #17,966 of 35,472

cool.gif
  I have These: I know they are genuine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

YOU have to decide WHAT YOU like. Not based on reviews. Mine or Off Amazon or aliexpress.

These are MY impressions based on A/Bing them Directly against 2 VERY well thought of IEMs That I also Own. And my Audio memory of several I have sold.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I think we'd better see more reviewers. Moreover, please do not comment based on memory! Both you and 1clearhead told me Rock has soundstage bigger than IE8/80 based on memory. I listened to it and that's not right.

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #17,967 of 35,472

cool.gif
I'm NOT sure they are. The originals were ONLY available in Red and had NO markings on the back.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Just going by the description.

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #17,968 of 35,472
  I think we'd better see more reviewers. Moreover, please do not comment based on memory! Both you and 1clearhead told me Rock has soundstage bigger than IE8/80 based on memory. I listened to it and that's not right.

cool.gif
It's all opinion. and FWIW I still think the Zircon has a Larger soundstage. If the IE8's were as great as they were HYPED to be In That Gigantic Thread, I would still have them. JMHO

You Dwell on the IE80's, Clearhead on those **** K3003, bhazard on the FHX30's and Myself (up until now) on the Trinity Deltas. But is any one of us WRONG? It's all subjective, not really a bona fide fact and why I always state that these are my impressions/ opinions.

For $43 USD I would consider a pair of Earphones  more or less disposable until proven.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #17,969 of 35,472

cool.gif
It's all opinion. and FWIW I still think the Zircon has a Larger soundstage. If the IE8's were as great as they were HYPED to be In That Gigantic Thread, I would still have them. JMHO

You Dwell on the IE80's, Clearhead on those **** K3003, bhazard on the FHX30's and Myself (up until now) on the Trinity Deltas. But is any one of us WRONG? It's all subjective, not really a bona fide fact and why I always state that these are my impressions/ opinions.

For $43 USD I would consider a pair of Earphones  more or less disposable until proven.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I don't dwell on IE80. I like it since it's good at symphonies which I only listen. For piono solo, I like Yinjw more than IE80. Yes, these are subjective aspects - which one I prefer. But those sound quanlity should be objective. It should not be to different people, soundstage sounds exactly different between two. 
I just want to be fair. Since there are different oponions, we just wait for more. Anyway, I believe you it's a great earphone because of what you have recommanded, Rock! Thank you. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #17,970 of 35,472
  I don't dwell on IE80. I like it since it's good at symphonies which I only listen. For piono solo, I like Yinjw more than IE80. Yes, these are subjective aspects - which one I prefer. But those sound quanlity should be objective. It should not be to different people, soundstage sounds exactly different between two. 
I just want to be fair. Since there are different oponions, we just wait for more. Anyway, I believe you it's a great earphone because of what you have recommanded, Rock! Thank you. 
beerchug.gif

IE80 has a monstrous soundstage, thats not up for a debate, that I agree with you. I tried it numerous times and the only downside I felt was that it was a bit bassy and not enough treble, nothing some scotch tape, a small pin and some EQ can't fix :wink: (I am referring to covering the vent with a piece of tape and poking a small hole in the tape so there is still some airflow, this clamps down on the bass).

Other option is to use a pure silver cable and brighten up the signature as well :wink: IE80 and Havi B3 pro 1 are iems with the two biggest soundstage that I have personally heard. 

I am assuming you like the Yinjw for pianos because it has better treble extension? Personally speaking, with the VE Duke, it perfectly recreates atmosphere and you can really hear the small details like the pianist breathing, or misc scratches as violin bows travel across the string. 

If you ever get a chance to listen to it, I think you might really enjoy it with classical music. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back