Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #17,971 of 35,472

IE80 has a monstrous soundstage, thats not up for a debate, that I agree with you. I tried it numerous times and the only downside I felt was that it was a bit bassy and not enough treble, nothing some scotch tape, a small pin and some EQ can't fix :wink: (I am referring to covering the vet with a piece of tape and poking a small hole in the tape so there is some airflow, this clamps down on the bass).

Other option is to use a pure silver cable and brighten up the signature as well :wink: IE80 and Havi B3 pro 1 are iems with the two biggest soundstage that I have personally heard. 

I am assuming you like the Yinjw for pianos because it has better treble extension? Personally speaking, with the VE Duke, it perfectly recreates atmosphere and you can really hear the small details like the pianist breathing, or misc scratches as violin bows travel across the string. 

If you ever get a chance to listen to it, I think you might really enjoy it classical music. 

Thanks for recommandation! I was asking you before, I think, if you have VE's flagship wood full headphone. If you had, any comment? THanks!

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #17,972 of 35,472
  I don't dwell on IE80. I like it since it's good at symphonies which I only listen. For piono solo, I like Yinjw more than IE80. Yes, these are subjective aspects - which one I prefer. But those sound quanlity should be objective. It should not be to different people, soundstage sounds exactly different between two. 
I just want to be fair. Since there are different oponions, we just wait for more. Anyway, I believe you it's a great earphone because of what you have recommanded, Rock! Thank you. 
beerchug.gif

cool.gif
Maybe "Dwell" was the wrong choice of words, like me you have reference earphones. I also agree the IE8/ IE80 is a great earphone, don't get me wrong. I owned it for over a year but decided to let it go while I could still get my investment money Back. Plus I'm not really enchanted with Over Ear Earphones generally. I think yangian, you would absolutely appreciate the Bettes, although you may not. I find them almost surgically precise. I thought they were extremely Good on Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" and "Pictures at an Exibition" by Muskorgi. Really brought those pieces to life.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #17,973 of 35,472

IE80 has a monstrous soundstage, thats not up for a debate, that I agree with you. I tried it numerous times and the only downside I felt was that it was a bit bassy and not enough treble, nothing some scotch tape, a small pin and some EQ can't fix :wink: (I am referring to covering the vet with a piece of tape and poking a small hole in the tape so there is some airflow, this clamps down on the bass).

Other option is to use a pure silver cable and brighten up the signature as well :wink: IE80 and Havi B3 pro 1 are iems with the two biggest soundstage that I have personally heard. 

I am assuming you like the Yinjw for pianos because it has better treble extension? Personally speaking, with the VE Duke, it perfectly recreates atmosphere and you can really hear the small details like the pianist breathing, or misc scratches as violin bows travel across the string. 

If you ever get a chance to listen to it, I think you might really enjoy it classical music. 

cool.gif
A lot of people thought they were Bass- Heavy. I ran them at minimum Bass on the control with the TAPE mod with a Pinhole for venting over the bass control recess. helped quite a bit. As did extended Burn-in.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #17,974 of 35,472

cool.gif
Maybe "Dwell" was the wrong choice of words, like me you have reference earphones. I also agree the IE8/ IE80 is a great earphone, don't get me wrong. I owned it for over a year but decided to let it go while I could still get my investment money Back. Plus I'm not really enchanted with Over Ear Earphones generally. I think yangian, you would absolutely appreciate the Bettes, although you may not. I find them almost surgically precise. I thought they were extremely Good on Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" and "Pictures at an Exibition" by Muskorgi. Really brought those pieces to life.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I hope to I could try it, my brother. But my wife hate a hoarder. I must stop. haha
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #17,976 of 35,472
Sep 13, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #17,977 of 35,472
Let's focus on some new stuff shall we? Both of these are 6mm tip-mounted micro dynamic drivers btw :3 Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

BYZ K17

m.aliexpress.com/item/32453351694.html?productId=32453351694&productSubject=Best-Headphones-BYZ-K17-Ceramic-headphones-ear-bass-headphones-Ewrephones-with-microphone-Noise-canceling-headphones&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

Remax RM-702

m.aliexpress.com/item/1992998496.html?productId=1992998496&productSubject=New-arrival-High-quality-headphones-ceramics-casque-audio-multi-function-fone-de-ouvido-mini-headset-earpods&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

When they arrive in ten AliExpress years we shall see how they stack up vs. the KZ Micro Ring, my replica EPH-100s (which are pretty awesome) and some random JVCs no one has heard of.

You mean old stuff. Those guys have been around. Couldn't wait for the S500??
tongue.gif

cool.gif
It's all opinion. and FWIW I still think the Zircon has a Larger soundstage. If the IE8's were as great as they were HYPED to be In That Gigantic Thread, I would still have them. JMHO

You Dwell on the IE80's, Clearhead on those **** K3003, bhazard on the FHX30's and Myself (up until now) on the Trinity Deltas. But is any one of us WRONG? It's all subjective, not really a bona fide fact and why I always state that these are my impressions/ opinions.

For $43 USD I would consider a pair of Earphones  more or less disposable until proven.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Yeah, hopefully a new HAVI will come out so bhazard can stop dwelling on them JVC's already
regular_smile .gif

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #17,979 of 35,472

cool.gif
I just took a chance. I had seen them on Ali Express for around $70 dollars. Then I saw the Thread with jekostas review and decided to try it. Coincidentaly, he also sums up his findings by saying they are some of the best he has heard, that punch way, way above their price point. His review is for the 8mm. I looked at the specs (Frequency Range mostly) and decided since I like a little Darker earphone to go with the Larger Driver, even though I'm apprehensive about 32 Ohm 'phones after having had experience with several that "underperformed" as they were simply too hard to Drive.

I have been carefully listening to these on and off for over a month while reaching my "Burn-in hour Goal". Along the way I have been dropping hints as to how good they were beginning to sound on various threads. Last night I had my FIRST extended Listen against My 2 Favorite Earphones after BURN IN COMPLETION.

I have to agree with jekostas, and face the fact that: as of to date, these simply are the Finest 'Phones I have heard yet of any I currently own or have owned in the past. Sorry Trinity. Sorry Dunu. Sorry Sennheiser. Sorry Havi. Sorry AKG. I also admittedly, have never heard the CKR9LTD's either. I'm Kicking myself for not jumping on them when they were <$60 USD. I was really too afraid of Counterfeits.

Your results may Vary.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Price reduced 50% now...http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Original-CKR9LTD-13mm-Dual-Driver-Dynamic-Noise-Isolating-Premuim-Solid-Bass-Stereo-Music-Earphone/32372413763.html

13mm dual-driver instead of Bettes tiny 10mm...
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #17,980 of 35,472
  You mean old stuff. Those guys have been around. Couldn't wait for the S500??
tongue.gif

Maybe, but are there impressions of them anywhere? Can't find anything on Head-fi or elsewhere throughout the world wide web.

Edit: I ordered them last month sometime. Canada Post tracking hasn't worked since they "updated" on Aug 23 so I have no idea where they are or when they'll arrive.

Sep 13, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #17,981 of 35,472
Mates, I just found out that ROCK has another set of earphones!
The only one we can find on AliExpress is the ROCK Zircon (RAU0501)
Well, this one is ROCK Mula (RAU0511).
http://www.rockphone.hk/?show-168-1.html

Here are some specs:

Here are Zircon's specs for comparison:

Purchase can be only done with a Taobao Agent, and this is the one I use: http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/521864409192.html

Sep 13, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #17,982 of 35,472
  I hope to I could try it, my brother. But my wife hate a hoarder. I must stop. haha
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
That's why I either sell them off, or "lose" them without a trace. No evidence--No wife wrath....

Some, If they are Bad enough (only once, the Earmax ER610) fall victim to a framing hammer and cement porch.

I repeat, They HAD to die.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 13, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #17,983 of 35,472
  Mates, I just found out that ROCK has another set of earphones!
The only one we can find on AliExpress is the ROCK Zircon (RAU0501)
Well, this one is ROCK Mula (RAU0511).
http://www.rockphone.hk/?show-168-1.html

Here are some specs:

Here are Zircon's specs for comparison:

Purchase can be only done with a Taobao Agent, and this is the one I use: http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/521864409192.html

cool.gif
Thanx for pre-spending my Gas money Igor.
biggrin.gif

There is a Pair in Black on the way. Thanx for the Agent link.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 13, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #17,984 of 35,472
What are ya talking about...
http://www.ipromarket.com/rock-mula-in-ear-stereo-earphone-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-samsung-htc-tablets-mp3-supporting-ios-android-windows.html

A no tao needed, Paypal accepting seller right there.
wink_face.gif

Sep 13, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #17,985 of 35,472
Quote:

What are ya talking about...
http://www.ipromarket.com/rock-mula-in-ear-stereo-earphone-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-samsung-htc-tablets-mp3-supporting-ios-android-windows.html

A no tao needed, Paypal accepting seller right there.
wink_face.gif

Hmm not sure if that shop can be trusted, but MisterTao can, I already ordered twice from them and they always provide photographs of the product as soon as they get them, both before they package it and after. Shipment costs might be slightly higher though...

Quote:

cool.gif
Thanx for pre-spending my Gas money Igor.
biggrin.gif

There is a Pair in Black on the way. Thanx for the Agent link.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I decided to order through MisterTao too! Let's see what they're made of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back