Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #18,002 of 35,472

A stage monitor needn't be neutral. That's more for mastering and production than live monitoring. There are a ton of colored monitors out there. Based on what he's looking for, they'd serve him very well. I use them as a monitor when playing with others and they do their job nicely.

Well, depending on the instrument you're playing it might not have enough treble at the very least. Not to mention the memory cable is a pain in arse. I honestly hate the stock cable so so very much. And the extended long neck makes it uncomfortable to listen to for extended periods. I still say its a bad choice for him. Guitars sounded like schiit through it for me but ofc ymmv

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #18,003 of 35,472
So far it seems as if the Havi's are my best bet. Do they maintain a good seal when worn over ear and moving around a lot? That's my biggest thing.
They also MUST be durable. I will lose my mind if I break another set of ears lol. Other than that, the IM70 sure does look like it's built better.

I think it's down to these two. I don't want another set of SE215's. Both of these should be a great upgrade in terms of sound quality. What do you guys think?

Sep 13, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #18,004 of 35,472
  So far it seems as if the Havi's are my best bet. Do they maintain a good seal when worn over ear and moving around a lot? That's my biggest thing.
They also MUST be durable. I will lose my mind if I break another set of ears lol. Other than that, the IM70 sure does look like it's built better.

I think it's down to these two. I don't want another set of SE215's. Both of these should be a great upgrade in terms of sound quality. What do you guys think?

Well, the seal is dependant on the tips you use. For me they sealed really well. They have a very similar body to the Sennheiser IE80, for reference. If you use over ear guides, it should help. And how do you store the iems? Do your wrap the cables around your finger and store it properly? Just checking

My friends havi is still going strong after more than a year so if you're careful with it, you should be okay :) (not saying thats why the others failed but saying that you might need to baby the havi as its strain relief at the earpiece end aren't that robust compared to something like the IM50)

Edit: The stock tips are actually pretty good. If you already have JVC spiral dots they work pretty well too. But for me the stock tips seal the best. And I am not kidding when I say that they need a decent amount of power to sound good. 

Sep 13, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #18,005 of 35,472
So does mine, lol
wink.gif

I know. you are a hoarder. I'm jsut a to-be hoarder. So my wife want to make sure I would not become a hoarder. So... haha
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #18,007 of 35,472
So I'm massively disappointed. I've gone through 3 sets of in ears over the last month.

Tried TTPOD T1E's, T2's (which broke), and Vsonic VSD5's.

I loved the VSD5's, sounded great! But the right ear just quit working :frowning2:( Gotta return them.

So I'm in need of an over ear monitor like Westone or Shure for a gigging musician.

I need something durable to gig with twice a week. Looking at M6 Pro's, or ATH-IM50 or 70's. Budget is $100 max. Any ideas? Gotta order tonight so I can have something by Wednesday.

Clarity and details are what I'm looking for in signature. Also enjoy a large soundstage.
I have im-50 and M6 Pro and sonically its a tough call but the M6 Pro would be my choice for gigging. They're lighter, more comfortable and smaller. There is a peak in the upper mids but its never really bothered me. It actually gives a nice presence. BTW the warranty can't be beat. Hope this helps.

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #18,008 of 35,472
+1 for M6 Pro

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #18,010 of 35,472
  I've heard the M6 Pro's have a harsh high end. Is this true? If that's the case I definitely wouldn't be interested.

take this with a grain of salt, for I have yet to hear the M6P for myself. But the consensus seems to be that the highs can have a peak depending on your ear anatomy, and said peak can sound harsh and grainy leading to ear fatigue. 

The thing that I noticed helps me keep my gear alive longer, I use three fingers and wrap the cable around to get it organized and keep it in a small pouch when not using it and I try not to stuff it into bags or pockets.

I don;t know if you're new to using iems in general, but those things really really help increase the longevity of iems. 

What instruments will you be playing if I may ask? that way can recommend better ones for ur use. 

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #18,012 of 35,472

take this with a grain of salt, for I have yet to hear the M6P for myself. But the consensus seems to be that the highs can have a peak depending on your ear anatomy, and said peak can sound harsh and grainy leading to ear fatigue. 

The thing that I noticed helps me keep my gear alive longer, I use three fingers and wrap the cable around to get it organized and keep it in a small pouch when not using it and I try not to stuff it into bags or pockets.

I don;t know if you're new to using iems in general, but those things really really help increase the longevity of iems. 

What instruments will you be playing if I may ask? that way can recommend better ones for ur use. 

I have actually babied the ears I've been using. Always wrap them up properly and put them into their supplied pouch. I was genuinely surprised today when I plugged in my iPhone to the VSD5's to hear that the right ear wasn't working. I've been so easy on them.

I play electric guitar, with an emphasis on the 2k range of upper high-mids. So the M6P's would definitely be an issue for me there since I'm playing mostly lead lines in the upper register.

At the same time, I'll probably be using whatever I buy to listen to music whenever I'm working out at the gym, so I do care about overall soundstage and quality.

edit: using an Aviom system, I believe it has some sort of amp inside the individual mixers.

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #18,013 of 35,472
Time to make my entrance. After hanging in this thread since July I bought the KZ ate, zero audio tenore, rock zircon and the ckr9ltd.
You all have a bad influence.... I need to get myself a better source now...

Anybody that tested these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WI79EK0/ref=pd_aw_sim_23_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=13ZG2PZQY4Y8TZ5JVGXC

Build in amp and microphone. Seems like they got good review on amazon. Anybody here that knows anything more?

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #18,014 of 35,472

I have actually babied the ears I've been using. Always wrap them up properly and put them into their supplied pouch. I was genuinely surprised today when I plugged in my iPhone to the VSD5's to hear that the right ear wasn't working. I've been so easy on them.

I play electric guitar, with an emphasis on the 2k range of upper high-mids. So the M6P's would definitely be an issue for me there since I'm playing mostly lead lines in the upper register.

At the same time, I'll probably be using whatever I buy to listen to music whenever I'm working out at the gym, so I do care about overall soundstage and quality.

edit: using an Aviom system, I believe it has some sort of amp inside the individual mixers.

Havi has one of the biggest soundstage for an iem so you're good there. The thing is that its balanced top to bottom and neutral. Close to dead flat. The bass won't be thumping at the gym for those workouts. I don't know your sonic preferences, but a properly amped havi was good for everything except hip hop and really heavy EDM.

It has really good clarity, nice extended highs with no harshness and a sweet midrange. You will have no trouble hearing your guitar in the mix, you will gear pretty much the actual 1:1 reproduction of what your guitar is sounding like.

Honestly my Vsd died and had to be replaced so its no fault of yours, QC issues are going to be present unfortunately. Hopefully this is the one that sticks. 

Havi sounds fine out of a phone or mp3 player but you're gonna need a portable amp to make it shine. I have heard what a properly amped havi is capable of and believe its WAYYYYYY  beyond what the price would suggest.

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #18,015 of 35,472

Havi has one of the biggest soundstage for an iem so you're good there. The thing is that its balanced top to bottom and neutral. Close to dead flat. The bass won't be thumping at the gym for those workouts. I don't know your sonic preferences, but a properly amped havi was good for everything except hip hop and really heavy EDM.

It has really good clarity, nice extended highs with no harshness and a sweet midrange. You will have no trouble hearing your guitar in the mix, you will gear pretty much the actual 1:1 reproduction of what your guitar is sounding like.

Honestly my Vsd died and had to be replaced so its no fault of yours, QC issues are going to be present unfortunately. Hopefully this is the one that sticks. 

Havi sounds fine out of a phone or mp3 player but you're gonna need a portable amp to make it shine. I have heard what a properly amped havi is capable of and believe its WAYYYYYY  beyond what the price would suggest.

I actually don't listen to any bass-heavy music, so it's not a huge deal to me! Will the Havi's fall off my ears without the ear hooks? I hate the way those things look lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back