Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #18,016 of 35,472

I actually don't listen to any bass-heavy music, so it's not a huge deal to me! Will the Havi's fall off my ears without the ear hooks? I hate the way those things look lol.

nah, thats just to make sure when you're gigging that there isn't any tugging on the strain relief. I never used ear hooks, used it commando. Very comfortable and it stayed in my ears. 

But sonic wise, you're in for a treat. do u have a portable amp of ur own?

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #18,017 of 35,472

nah, thats just to make sure when you're gigging that there isn't any tugging on the strain relief. I never used ear hooks, used it commando. Very comfortable and it stayed in my ears. 

But sonic wise, you're in for a treat. do u have a portable amp of ur own?

No I don't, and I don't really want to have to amp anything in order to make them sound good either. But if the B3's sound great without an amp, I'll probably pull the trigger.

If I don't do the Havi's, then it's going to be the IM70's.

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #18,018 of 35,472
No I don't, and I don't really want to have to amp anything in order to make them sound good either. But if the B3's sound great without an amp, I'll probably pull the trigger.

If I don't do the Havi's, then it's going to be the IM70's.

They don't sound bad without an amp but a amp definitely helps them shine. In that case you should consider the im70. I have a im50 but havent heard the im70

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #18,020 of 35,472
imo if you don't have an amp for the havi's, the 15 dollar ED9 will sound better. The Havi's don't sound abysmal w/out an amp but are not even close to worth 60 bucks if you don't have one.

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #18,022 of 35,472
  imo if you don't have an amp for the havi's, the 15 dollar ED9 will sound better. The Havi's don't sound abysmal w/out an amp but are not even close to worth 60 bucks if you don't have one.

You really think so? I always have the chance to cancel the order too before they go out. But they seem to be the best option for me under $100.

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #18,023 of 35,472
Oh....from Aliexpress? Even with Audio Technica printed on the box?

The LTD came! They sound pretty good!

There's very very tiny chip on the right earpiece, beside that the unit looks and sounds perfectly fine.

The pouch looks shoddily made and cheap though lol.

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #18,025 of 35,472
The LTD came! They sound pretty good!

The pouch looks shoddily made and cheap though lol.

Yes, even i have my doubts about the pouch. But other than that, the headphones seem pretty legit to me. May be they got the box+pouch manufactured outside to sell these rejects?

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #18,026 of 35,472
Yep that seems to be right (unless the real pouch is just as bad lol). What's important is the sound quality and it's quite good for the price.

I must say that they're not necessarily better than Soundmagic E80, though who knows if it'll change after burn-in.

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #18,027 of 35,472
Yep that seems to be right (unless the real pouch is just as bad lol). What's important is the sound quality and it's quite good for the price.

I must say that they're not necessarily better than Soundmagic E80, though who knows if it'll change after burn-in.

Well i'm on 75+ hours of burnin and let me tell you, there's a significant amount of change in SQ in a good way. 
In CLR9 thread, they have suggested 150hrs of burnin. Let's see how these end up when i'm done with em. 

EDIT: @sodesuka Use them with stock tips for now until you are done with burn in. Wide bore tips dint really work well. 

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #18,028 of 35,472
I've just tried different tips, they sound better with Spinfit, and fit better to my ears. I like the clear upper mid but they really can sound a bit too shouty in some songs, no sibilance though, that's good. The bass also needs a bit more impact, let's see how will burn-in change things.

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #18,029 of 35,472
I've just tried different tips, they sound better with Spinfit, and fit better to my ears. I like the clear upper mid but they really can sound a bit too shouty in some songs, no sibilance though, that's good. The bass also needs a bit more impact, let's see how will burn-in change things.

Agree with the shouty part, but they will settle. No worries. Bass will turn much tighter.too
biggrin.gif

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Sep 14, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #18,030 of 35,472
Yes, the bass and impact will come in more and shift the balance away from the brighter/shouty thing out of the box. 
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back