The discovery thread!
Sep 30, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #30,646 of 99,902

Last time I compared my LTD to anything, it was the GR07. First thing that I noticed was the bass. It's textured waaaay better, with actual depth to it. The midrange is more forward but just as clear. A little warmer. More restrained treble.

I have the regular CKR9 too and IMO the LTD has better, more realistic timbre. But at times has too much bass. Depends on the recording. Sometimes the bass/warmth leads to some of the best mids I've ever heard; up there with the EX1000. Other times I can find it slightly suffocating.

cool.gif
Selenium, I have yet to hear a PERFECT earphone. As much as I rave about the Bettes they bother me with their Brightness. I like a darker signature.

I guess we just have to keep buying.....
rolleyes.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #30,647 of 99,902

Last time I compared my LTD to anything, it was the GR07. First thing that I noticed was the bass. It's textured waaaay better, with actual depth to it. The midrange is more forward but just as clear. A little warmer. More restrained treble.

I have the regular CKR9 too and IMO the LTD has better, more realistic timbre. But at times has too much bass. Depends on the recording. Sometimes the bass/warmth leads to some of the best mids I've ever heard; up there with the EX1000. Other times I can find it slightly suffocating.

Like i said... Ive been comparing them to my Gr07BE's from day one and yes.. i'm mighty impressed. I like them both, but the Vocals on LTD's are just so sweet that i find myself reaching for my LTD's more than my GR07be's.

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #30,648 of 99,902
Couldn't help myself and ordered JVC HA-FXH30 just to see/hear how they compare to the JVC HA-FXT90 and I have to say at about 30% less $$ they are just as good if not even better than the FXT90.

The small bore tips puzzle me - the fit is perfect though. The main reason, I like the Philips Fidelio S2 so much is the fact that they come with tips size M+. Those are slightly longer and wider than normal M size. The stock FXH30 are different and yet so far I have no issues. Really surprising.....

Cheers.

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #30,649 of 99,902
Couldn't help myself and ordered JVC HA-FXH30 just to see/hear how they compare to the JVC HA-FXT90 and I have to say at about 30% less $$ they are just as good if not even better than the FXT90.

The small bore tips puzzle me - the fit is perfect though. The main reason, I like the Philips Fidelio S2 so much is the fact that they come with tips size M+. Those are slightly longer and wider than normal M size. The stock FXH30 are different and yet so far I have no issues. Really surprising.....

Cheers.

Nice! Glad you're liking the FXH30s. Swap out the stock tips for something wide bore. Really opens them up. The stock tips are not a good fit for them oddly enough.

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #30,650 of 99,902

I agree, though particularly/mostly in the mids and treble to my ears. From memory, yes, but the bass seems pretty close as being realistic between the regular 9 and LTD. FXT200 is similar but less bass and quicker. Ughh, going to the Brainwavz S3 I have for review which has the Brainwavz house coloring and timbre which is quite artificial in comparison. Though the S3 is a solid phone with some balance, clarity, and detail but not gonna be very realistic or transparent since the notes esp. bass and treble have the S series house hue or tone to them.

Still fighting it out between the JVC and LTDs. JVC is probably "better" technically over the LTD and can do some things the LTD can't as far as presentation due to how the drivers overlap but are different and the LTD are the same drivers that are enhancing each other but not bringing those little differences unique to the JVC set-up.

I had the first gen GR07 and it was pretty dry esp. in the mids. Overall extension(loses in bass but wins in treble for the GR07) good air, good detail and texture but the LTD wins in depth and being more even in all 3 dimensions of the stage, texture, transparency/lack of dryness, positioning(esp. front to back again with the better depth) and they just adjust more accurately to the recordings than the Vsonic. But hopefully the LTD can beat the old Vsonic by the time they came out. Really don't beat them enough for the price difference :)

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #30,651 of 99,902
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg

Cheers.

I have to agree with you on this one, the tips are a little different, in a good way!

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #30,653 of 99,902
My Aliexpress CKR9LTDs came in today! I've been comparing it to the original LTDs for the past few hours... and sad to say, the Ali's are NOT carbon copies of the original. Besides the paint blemishes, I'm noticing a lower quality paint work and an overall less refined look on the Ali's.

Here are the obvious cosmetic differences (original on the left, Aliexpress on the right):

1. The AT logo is bolder on the Ali, and uses a less saturated yellow paint. The gold ring surrounding the logo is much more reflective on the original, and has a deeper gold hue.

2. The 'CKR9LTD' lettering on the Ali seems more etched, and not as straight/linear as on the original. The dimple on the stem of the left earpiece is smaller on the Ali.

3. The rim of the nozzle on the Ali is thicker, and the angle of the nozzle is slightly different.

4. The gold ring on the jack is thicker on the Ali.

Here are more comparison photos from different angles:

Even the leather case they come with are totally different. 

For the price, they made a pretty convincing fake. I certainly would have no way of knowing if I didn't have the original LTDs. The build quality of the Ali ain't bad either.

As for the sound... I need more time for concrete impressions and comparison but what I can say now is... they do not sound the same. Out of the box, the Ali's sound quality is just not on par with the original's. Will post more on this soon, so stay tuned.

Pardon my fingers and the poor camera quality...

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #30,654 of 99,902
Thank you for your detailed comparison and pictures, your post should be strong enough as an evidence for anyone who has bought the LTD at AE from when it was still called CKR9LTD and wants to do a refund.

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #30,660 of 99,902
No problems. :)

Wow, if the ebay ones are real that is awesome. Aliexpress ones are a case of 'too good to be true' I guess...
After looking at the eBay and Aliexpress, and then reading your post and comparison, I think the eBay ones might be authentic. After doing the side by side comparisons, I noticed almost all the same things as you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back