The discovery thread!
Oct 2, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #30,676 of 101,003
My CKR9LTDs look like a mix of the two. Housing looks as cleanly built as the original (seams are tighter than both of those pictured...their seam tolerance is nil....these are tight) Nozzle thickness looks like neither tbh. Thinner than the Ali's, thicker than the ATH.

Sound quality is outstanding as noted before. The only thing that I might question is a slight grainyness to the treble, but it's not major. Either way, I feel like these were an awesome deal. The case is cheap garbage though, haha.

Oct 2, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #30,679 of 101,003
  So Ebay CKR9LTD is authentic, some ALI CKR9LTD are authentic, and some are fake?

If your CKR9LTD looks like LALALA's original, can you post a link to where you bought from?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Original-CKR9LTD-13mm-Dual-Driver-Dynamic-Noise-Isolating-Premuim-Solid-Bass-Stereo-Music-Earphone/32372413763.html

Looks like it's no longer being sold though.

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #30,680 of 101,003

How long did you burn your ALI CKR9-LTD and did you hear any changes/improvements?

It is strange that even though I bought mine from aliexpress, the ring on the jack is thin just like on the original one on the picture left.
confused.gif
 I wonder if there are different batches of CKR9 LTD.

Well, I am still in the process of burning it in. But I can say with certainty that out of the box it sounds nothing like the original LTDs did when new.

Probably different sellers on aliexpress selling different fakes. I doubt any of them are real.

EDIT: Just found out that I bought it from the same seller as you. Weird...

Oct 3, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #30,681 of 101,003
I now have about 48 hours of burn on the CKR9LTE I got from eBay.
They are really starting to shine, much more than right out of the box.

Mid bass is forward but very fast and responsive, and has nice fast and extended sub bass to go along with it. Midrange is very transparent, natural and organic. Treble is not overly extended but what's there is nice and in balance with the rest of the spectrum. No harshly pronounced letter S or T.

Is this a fair description of the real deal?

The more I listen to them the more I'm thinking these are the real thing, no BS

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #30,683 of 101,003

Mid bass is forward but very fast and responsive, and has nice fast and extended sub bass to go along with it. Midrange is very transparent, natural and organic. Treble is not overly extended but what's there is nice and in balance with the rest of the spectrum. No harshly pronounced letter S or T.

I actually know the guy who sells the ones on eBay. he's a canuck believe it or not, partnering with someone in China. He told me its legit. I wasnt too convinced but there may be some truth to it after all 

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #30,684 of 101,003
  Well, I am still in the process of burning it in. But I can say with certainty that out of the box it sounds nothing like the original LTDs did when new.

Probably different sellers on aliexpress selling different fakes. I doubt any of them are real.

EDIT: Just found out that I bought it from the same seller as you. Weird...

I also bought from that seller, but mine didn't arrive yet. My thinking on this is that maybe the first buyers indeed received the real deals for the sake of the good feedback and whoever came "late to the party" received the fakes. And now to not receive negative feedback in his best account, he is directing people to buy them in a lesser know store owned by them as Ozkan pointed before. They even stopped completely to list all the ATH's from their page. This is pure speculation on my part so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Just maybe...

Oct 3, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #30,686 of 101,003

Mine are on the way.....i always say trust your ears !!!   hisoundfi you have heard and reviewed some expensive stuff so you know good SQ ...I think they are a bargain for the price ...I recently bought the so called fake  JVC FXT90 it sounded fantastic so i checked all the reviews on them i got the same impressions of the sound , i am convinced the FXT90 are real ..

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #30,687 of 101,003
30 hours in...

The Alis are indeed are starting to open up and bear some similarities to the CKR9LTD sound. So much so that in fact I can see it coming from the same drivers. Strange though, that the original already sounded that way out of the box, no burn in needed. My guess is that Audio Technica pre-burn their CKR9LTDs at the factory, while the Alis use the same driver but ship without any burn in. Anyway, will continue to burn in and monitor its progress.

In short - while the exterior is not, the sound may be the real deal guys!

P.S.: You can probably take all the impressions about the Ali/Ebay versions so far as true. Won't be writing a sound comparison anymore if it ends up sounding just like the real thing. (I'm no good at describing sound anyway).

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #30,689 of 101,003

Yes, coming from my long experience with the original CKR9LTD, that's a fair description. The eBay version is probably the real thing. Congrats!

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #30,690 of 101,003
  30 hours in...

The Alis are indeed are starting to open up and bear some similarities to the CKR9LTD sound. So much so that in fact I can see it coming from the same drivers. Strange though, that the original already sounded that way out of the box, no burn in needed. My guess is that Audio Technica pre-burn their CKR9LTDs at the factory, while the Alis use the same driver but ship without any burn in. Anyway, will continue to burn in and monitor its progress.

In short - while the exterior is not, the sound may be the real deal guys!

P.S.: You can probably take all the impressions about the Ali/Ebay versions so far as true. Won't be writing a sound comparison anymore if it ends up sounding just like the real thing. (I'm no good at describing sound anyway).

haha.. nice to hear that
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back