The discovery thread!
Sep 29, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #30,632 of 100,970
I have pulled the plug and ordered ALI-CKR9LTD for 55USD from the 'photoshoped' deal. Will report on arrival, although won't have much to compare, apart from the stuff that I know and own (iem- DN1000, waitihing on the Bette 10mm hybrids, cans - ATH-ESW9).
Did anyone ordered from the same shop and received them already or all previous orders were made in other shops?

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #30,633 of 100,970
I have pulled the plug and ordered ALI-CKR9LTD for 55USD from the 'photoshoped' deal. Will report on arrival, although won't have much to compare, apart from the stuff that I know and own (iem- DN1000, waitihing on the Bette 10mm hybrids, cans - ATH-ESW9).
Did anyone ordered from the same shop and received them already or all previous orders were made in other shops?
If any American buyers are looking for a pair of these on discount let me know via pm. They really are good sounding earphones, I just don't need two pairs of them.

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #30,635 of 100,970

I think that's fairly common on Aliexpress. My **** K3003 images were doctored like that as well; however upon arrival the "AKG" logo was still there- it could have been an old batch, idk. 

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #30,636 of 100,970
If any American buyers are looking for a pair of these on discount let me know via pm. They really are good sounding earphones, I just don't need two pairs of them.

cool.gif
Something tells me if they lived up to the hype, Hi Fi wouldn't be letting them go....

I keep backups for phones worthy of backups,  Just sayin'

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
TWIN

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #30,638 of 100,970

cool.gif
Something tells me if they lived up to the hype, Hi Fi wouldn't be letting them go....

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
TWIN

Do you have Bette backups?

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #30,639 of 100,970
Sep 29, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #30,640 of 100,970

cool.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
TWIN

Hisoundfi bought two, one from Ali and one from Ebay to compare. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #30,641 of 100,970

Do you have Bette backups?

cool.gif
No simply because even though I think they are fantastic earphones they would not be my Go To's simply because of their Brighter signature. I will save them for SERIOUS listening or maybe some studio work. Plus I have a hunch I have a better than average pair due to the erratic Chinese manufacturing processes.

GO AHEAD, ask me about My Zircons or Mulas....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #30,642 of 100,970

cool.gif
No simply because even though I think they are fantastic earphones they would not be my Go To's simply because of their Brighter signature. I will save them for SERIOUS listening or maybe some studio work. Plus I have a hunch I have a better than average pair due to the erratic Chinese manufacturing processes.

GO AHEAD, ask me about My Zircons or Mulas....

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Actually I'm surprised that you don't have a backup set as much as you like them.  Anyway, do you have the Mulas now?  I'm holding off until more impressions come in.  Can't imagine them being better than the Zircons.  Still shocked at how good they are for the price.

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #30,643 of 100,970
My Ali ckr9ltd got to 120 hours of burn in, so it was time to test them. For past two weeks I was mostly using new q-jays and rha t20. I must say, I prefer sound signature of ckr9 over both of them. And I think ckr9 beats rha in technical aspects of sound.

Using old wide eartips from hifiman and fiio x1.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Sep 30, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #30,644 of 100,970
My Ali ckr9ltd got to 120 hours of burn in, so it was time to test them. For past two weeks I was mostly using new q-jays and rha t20. I must say, I prefer sound signature of ckr9 over both of them. And I think ckr9 beats rha in technical aspects of sound.

Using old wide eartips from hifiman and fiio x1.

Last time I compared my LTD to anything, it was the GR07. First thing that I noticed was the bass. It's textured waaaay better, with actual depth to it. The midrange is more forward but just as clear. A little warmer. More restrained treble.

I have the regular CKR9 too and IMO the LTD has better, more realistic timbre. But at times has too much bass. Depends on the recording. Sometimes the bass/warmth leads to some of the best mids I've ever heard; up there with the EX1000. Other times I can find it slightly suffocating.

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #30,645 of 100,970
  Actually I'm surprised that you don't have a backup set as much as you like them.  Anyway, do you have the Mulas now?  I'm holding off until more impressions come in.  Can't imagine them being better than the Zircons.  Still shocked at how good they are for the price.

cool.gif
Pickr I have 2 sets of Mulas coming, one of each color. The first arrives.....

2 DAY!!!!!

Happy Dance, Happy Dance.

I will post first impressions soonest.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back