Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 25, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #20,581 of 42,298
Check PM  :)

As far as I know ordering direct from a Japanese retailer is the only way, I looked online for this for awhile too but never found an online retailer that carried them.

Running these alongside Mullard ECC32 and EML 5U4G meshes at the moment, I think it's the best combination I've heard on my WA5 to date.  At zero hours I felt it was already more resolving, slightly more forward than my burnt in EML 300B meshes.  Definitely more fluid and musical, but only listened for about 3 hours tonight.  Hoping to get a longer session in by the weekend, just to make sure it's not new toy syndrome. 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Where can this be bought? I have look around for them but cannot find them….

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #20,582 of 42,298
Man, those look absolutely sweet. :)

Quote:
And say hello to my tax return.  Was tempted to making an unboxing video almost. 
rolleyes.gif

Tube is at 0 hours and it already puts my burnt in EML 300B meshes to shame.. 
basshead.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #20,583 of 42,298
My GES isn't powering up anymore, after trying two different power cords and power sockets.

I removed the fuse box from the AC inlet but accidentally broke the fuse while removing it from the plastic clip.

Could anyone please tell me what fuse I should replace it with?  I'm hoping to drop by Radio Shack tomorrow and get this fixed soon.  No idea what could have caused the blown fuse.  My DAC and preamp are on the same transformer, and those two devices powered up fine.

If anyone has any ideas what could be the culprit, I'd be very appreciative to hear any thoughts.

I've also posted this to the Stax thread.  Hopefully the repeat is ok.

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #20,584 of 42,298
Holy cow my Woo Audio adapters shipped yesterday from NY and are in Phoenix already tonight for delivery tomorrow
atsmile.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #20,586 of 42,298
There should be markings at the ends of the fuse. The metal caps on both ends should have markings on them telling the size of the fuse. If the fuse blows again you have a problem soemwhere like a short somewhere. Do not connect the headphone and see if the amp will power up and stay up. Look at the tube heaters are they coming up?

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #20,588 of 42,298

Quote:

Tube is at 0 hours and it already puts my burnt in EML 300B meshes to shame..  
basshead.gif

<snip>

Running these alongside Mullard ECC32 and EML 5U4G meshes at the moment, I think it's the best combination I've heard on my WA5 to date.  At zero hours I felt it was already more resolving, slightly more forward than my burnt in EML 300B meshes.  Definitely more fluid and musical, but only listened for about 3 hours tonight.  Hoping to get a longer session in by the weekend, just to make sure it's not new toy syndrome. 
rolleyes.gif

Welcome to the 300 mile high club :D

I already sold my EML300B mesh after getting the Takatsuki! The EML's are no slouches but the Takatsuki's are just awesome, even more so after 100 hours! :) I also run mine with he 5U4G, but have Shuggy CV181 rather than the ECC32. No other 300B I have heard sounds as involving, when you plug them in you just don't think about rolling anymore - its just about the music from there on.

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #20,589 of 42,298

Quote:
My GES isn't powering up anymore, after trying two different power cords and power sockets.

I removed the fuse box from the AC inlet but accidentally broke the fuse while removing it from the plastic clip.

Could anyone please tell me what fuse I should replace it with?  I'm hoping to drop by Radio Shack tomorrow and get this fixed soon.  No idea what could have caused the blown fuse.  My DAC and preamp are on the same transformer, and those two devices powered up fine.

If anyone has any ideas what could be the culprit, I'd be very appreciative to hear any thoughts.

I've also posted this to the Stax thread.  Hopefully the repeat is ok.

Have you emailed Jack?

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #20,590 of 42,298

Quote:

Welcome to the 300 mile high club :D

I already sold my EML300B mesh after getting the Takatsuki! The EML's are no slouches but the Takatsuki's are just awesome, even more so after 100 hours! :) I also run mine with he 5U4G, but have Shuggy CV181 rather than the ECC32. No other 300B I have heard sounds as involving, when you plug them in you just don't think about rolling anymore - its just about the music from there on.

Have you tried EAT 300B?

Apr 25, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #20,592 of 42,298

Quote:

Quote:

Check out the Takatsuki 300B thread, there's a company called Amtrans in Japan that will export and a lady there Keiko speaks good English.

audio@amtrans.co.jp

Quote:
Check PM  :)

As far as I know ordering direct from a Japanese retailer is the only way, I looked online for this for awhile too but never found an online retailer that carried them.

rolleyes.gif

Quote:

My wallet is saying "Dam you guys!"
biggrin.gif

Xinque,
Let me know what do you think after your listening. I have those same tubes (Mullard and EML).
I have several drivers and rectifiers so I guess is time to have a pair of 300B to roll in too.
Money, money, money
mad.gif

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Apr 25, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #20,594 of 42,298
realized my TS 5998 are actually a great pair, they have alot of drive, except my line voltage might be low which is why most of my tubes on the WA2 don't like to play nice with my low impedance headphones, cause they work perfectly with the T1/ HD 800.

however, i don't like their sound signature. they are very clear, open, and crazy detailed, but they aren't warm like the syl 7236 sound that i'm used to now. i like my WA2 for warmth rather than just pure detail and articulation.

anyways, gonna put those up for sale and my extra pair of sylvania 7236 if anyones interested.

also gonna put up my stock LCD-2 cable for sale.

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #20,595 of 42,298

Users who are viewing this thread

Back