Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #20,553 of 42,298

I will remove the tubes not owned from the list. Selections in Bold type.

Quote:
Here are the tubes I got with my newly acquired WA22

Anyody give me a hint how to get nice and warmish combo?

[size=small] Recitfiers[/size]
[size=small] Sophia Princess 274b[/size]
[size=small] Emmision Labs 5U4G[/size]
[size=small]  [/size]
[size=small] Drivers[/size]
[size=small] Raytheon 6SN7W/GT[/size]
[size=small] GE 6SN7GTA [/size]
[size=small]
Power
[/size]
[size=small] Tung-Sol 5998[/size]
[size=small] Sylvania 7236[/size]
[size=small]  [/size]

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #20,555 of 42,298
Nice. My Tung Sol black glass rib plate 68FG and Mullard GZ34 just got here. Even better news is that my Woo adapter for the TS BGRP shipped today! So much for Woo no longer making them or some long wait. They shipped within two business days.

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #20,556 of 42,298

smiley_thumb.gif
 Stunning! Want to see a pix of your Tung-Sol 6F8G w/adapter.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #20,557 of 42,298

Quote:

The output transformers are tapped for two different impedances.

+1

i dunno how the WA22 compares but the WA6-SE is supposed to measure 50 ohms for high and 15 ohms for the low outputs. those where measurements done in a review somewhere i think, and i know someone on the forums emailed jack about it once and he said 60 ohms for high i think. 

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #20,558 of 42,298
I have a story to tell.

Disclaimer: I am dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff, pardon my ignorance. 

So last night I accidentally unplugged my USB cable that connects my computer to my DAC. So I plug it back in, but now instead of that silky beautiful ear noise, I get this horrible feedback, buzz, hum, and distortion coming through my headphones. Naturally, I start freaking out, and assume the worst. I frantically start testing everything; I roll new tubes, but apparently one of my tubes I rolled is broken(or I suck and didn't put it in all the way), so then I think I must have really caused some serious damage, perhaps I shorted out the tube socket as well (don't even know if this is possible, but like I said, I am stupid and distraught, lol), I try multiple ICs, power cables, I try my other laptop, I try stacking my DAC on a book, and my amp on another book far from both my computer and DAC, still the same problem. At this point I feel pretty defeated, and I decide to just lean back in my chair and sulk in self-pity. As I lean back, I realize I miscalculated my lean, and that I am about to bust my ass. Quickly, I flail forward and catch myself in the nick of time, preventing insult to injury. I mutter some expletives, and I put my headphones back on, but now the noise is gone... nothing, silent, absolutely no hum, buzz, feedback, etc. I am in shock, did my clumsiness just fix my problem? I notice that my laptop screen is dimmer, and that my charger is unplugged and laying on my desk. I plug the charger back in, the horrible noise is back, I unplug it, the noise is gone. So apparently when I initially unplugged my USB cable I must have jostled my delicate cable management, and moved the USB cable too close to my charger cable. I rearranged my cables, and now everything works perfectly fine, lol. 

Thought I would share my stupidity with you all. Needless to say, I am very happy I just have an embarrassing story at this point. 

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #20,560 of 42,298
need help here i just purchased a WA6SE and could anyone recommend the best tubes for using with LCD-2 Rev.1 and HiFiman HE-500 headphones..?

Thank you...

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #20,561 of 42,298

Quote:
I have a story to tell.

Disclaimer: I am dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff, pardon my ignorance. 

So last night I accidentally unplugged my USB cable that connects my computer to my DAC. So I plug it back in, but now instead of that silky beautiful ear noise, I get this horrible feedback, buzz, hum, and distortion coming through my headphones. Naturally, I start freaking out, and assume the worst. I frantically start testing everything; I roll new tubes, but apparently one of my tubes I rolled is broken(or I suck and didn't put it in all the way), so then I think I must have really caused some serious damage, perhaps I shorted out the tube socket as well (don't even know if this is possible, but like I said, I am stupid and distraught, lol), I try multiple ICs, power cables, I try my other laptop, I try stacking my DAC on a book, and my amp on another book far from both my computer and DAC, still the same problem. At this point I feel pretty defeated, and I decide to just lean back in my chair and sulk in self-pity. As I lean back, I realize I miscalculated my lean, and that I am about to bust my ass. Quickly, I flail forward and catch myself in the nick of time, preventing insult to injury. I mutter some expletives, and I put my headphones back on, but now the noise is gone... nothing, silent, absolutely no hum, buzz, feedback, etc. I am in shock, did my clumsiness just fix my problem? I notice that my laptop screen is dimmer, and that my charger is unplugged and laying on my desk. I plug the charger back in, the horrible noise is back, I unplug it, the noise is gone. So apparently when I initially unplugged my USB cable I must have jostled my delicate cable management, and moved the USB cable too close to my charger cable. I rearranged my cables, and now everything works perfectly fine, lol. 

Thought I would share my stupidity with you all. Needless to say, I am very happy I just have an embarrassing story at this point. 

That's why isolation in singal cables is so important. Those little suckers are like anntenas and if not isolated properly will suck in all the interferance from electrical sources.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Apr 24, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #20,562 of 42,298

Additionally, make sure power cables do not run parallel to interconnects, speaker wires and other cables. If possible, have power cords "cross" the other cables.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #20,563 of 42,298
I've recently placed an order for the black version of WA6-SE. It will be used with Grace Design m903 as a DAC and I have Denon AH-D2000 and AH-D7000. Can't wait to try this combo! Unfortunately it's 3-4 weeks lead time due to under capacity at Woo.

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #20,564 of 42,298

Quote:
I've recently placed an order for the black version of WA6-SE. It will be used with Grace Design m903 as a DAC and I have Denon AH-D2000 and AH-D7000. Can't wait to try this combo! Unfortunately it's 3-4 weeks lead time due to under capacity at Woo.

Congrats fellow WA6SE member. BTW, almost everyone waits that long, this is Woo's normal lead time from what I've read.

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #20,565 of 42,298
when i ordered mine, it got shipped that very night.

only had to wait 2 days for WA2, and i could barely wait that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back