Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 9, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #20,221 of 42,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't know how much i could sell each of my woo amps for.

think i could get 1000 for WA2 and 950 for WA6-SE?

stock tubes for both they're like new.

There is interest in the forsale area for a 6SE

http://www.head-fi.org/t/602305/wtb-woo-audio-wa6se

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #20,222 of 42,298
So I've gone through the first 500 pages and want more pictures. If you have a picture of a Woo, post it!

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #20,223 of 42,298

Quote:
So I've gone through the first 500 pages and want more pictures. If you have a picture of a Woo, post it!

this thread has a few more pics or Woo 6/SE's

http://www.head-fi.org/t/587285/woo-audio-wa6-wa6se-tubes-comments-pictures-and-advice/180#post_8292792

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #20,225 of 42,298

Quote:
this thread has a few more pics or Woo 6/SE's

http://www.head-fi.org/t/587285/woo-audio-wa6-wa6se-tubes-comments-pictures-and-advice/180#post_8292792

Looked through every page of that thread already, some good visual stuff, but not a lot. I'll just keep looking through here.

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #20,226 of 42,298
My new review over at the different section of Head-Fi for the WA6 is up. http://bit.ly/Hx9v02

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #20,228 of 42,298
Quote:
Grokit, have a pair of the bad boys for sale.  
Sylvania 6SN7 GT "Bad Boy" driver tubes, $120/pair

They're gone, along with all the others except for one pair of 2399/5998 and a couple of good, inexpensive rectifiers. That didn't take long!

Quote:
Quote:
^ Very nice! BTW, I have some tubes for sale.

Got any 6F8G TS-BGRP's lurking around? I've grown use to your avatar hangin' upside down... we like it!

I do have a beautiful pair of those with a set of Glenn's 6SN7 adapters. Maybe I will list them next time around after some critical listening time. Then again, maybe not!

Quote:
oooh thanks pmed him

Hope it works out, good luck!

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #20,229 of 42,298

Quote:
They're gone, along with all the others except for one pair of 2399/5998 and a couple of good, inexpensive rectifiers. That didn't take long!

I do have a beautiful pair of those with a set of Glenn's 6SN7 adapters. Maybe I will list them next time around after some critical listening time. Then again, maybe not!

Hope it works out, good luck!

(Silent One ponders turning his avatar upside down... in a sincere attempt to bond with the seller)

photo.jpg

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #20,230 of 42,298
Well, it looks like my pursuit of 6SN7s for my WA6 may have come to an unexpected halt (I can hear my wallet breath a sigh of relief).  It seems that adapters that will fit the small driver tube openings in my WA6 are going to be hard to get.  Unless somebody sees my want ad for adapters, the only way I can accomplish this is by stacking adapters on top of socket savers.  I'm not to sure about having that many unsoldered connections and the whole "wobbly" factor.

Any ideas your GuWoos?

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #20,231 of 42,298

Quote:
Well, it looks like my pursuit of 6SN7s for my WA6 may have come to an unexpected halt (I can hear my wallet breath a sigh of relief).  It seems that adapters that will fit the small driver tube openings in my WA6 are going to be hard to get.  Unless somebody sees my want ad for adapters, the only way I can accomplish this is by stacking adapters on top of socket savers.  I'm not to sure about having that many unsoldered connections and the whole "wobbly" factor.

Any ideas your GuWoos?

Although, "stacking" is doable, since you're not regulated to duty at 'Thule Air Base' and have access to better solutions, I'd skip it! If you are patient and wait for 2359glenn to re-emerge from standing orders (hand crafting world class amps), he might be able to provide you with a solution (adapters). Perhaps, May?

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #20,232 of 42,298

Quote:
Although, "stacking" is doable, since you're not regulated to duty at 'Thule Air Base' and have access to better solutions, I'd skip it! If you are patient and wait for 2359glenn to re-emerge from standing orders (hand crafting world class amps), he might be able to provide you with a solution (adapters). Perhaps, May?

I don't know, but I can hope.  He flatly told me he is no longer making them, and I hesitate to hound him since I understand he is now producing an increasingly popular amp and tube adapters probably seem like a PITA now.

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #20,233 of 42,298

Quote:
I don't know, but I can hope.  He flatly told me he is no longer making them, and I hesitate to hound him since I understand he is now producing an increasingly popular amp and tube adapters probably seem like a PITA now.

blink.gif
 Oh. And it didn't help that sourcing; pin availability, had become increasingly difficult and time-consuming. If you're not ready for the 6 Special Edition (this is what I'd strive for with a few hundred dollars more... you're so close), think about selling your WA6 and pursuing another '6' that's manufactured post April 2010. However, the Special Edition will make your time and energy worthwhile.

Apr 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #20,235 of 42,298

Quote:
blink.gif
 Oh. And it didn't help that sourcing; pin availability, had become increasingly difficult and time-consuming. If you're not ready for the 6 Special Edition (this is what I'd strive for with a few hundred dollars more... you're so close), think about selling your WA6 and pursuing another '6' that's manufactured post April 2010. However, the Special Edition will make your time and energy worthwhile.

All good suggestions.  Aesthetically, I really like the WA6 form factor, and not so much dual chassis stuff, just my taste I guess.  As far as pursuing a newer WA6, this one has Blackgates and V-caps, which I hesitate to give up.  It sounds really nice with the stock driver family, partially due to the upgraded components I'm sure, and I don't know that the ability to roll another type of tube would be worth the trade-off.   As I've mentioned before, I would love to eventually get a WA22, but that is a huge upgrade, especially figuring in a balanced DAC as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back