Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jan 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #18,316 of 42,298

Quote:
nice...

Last night, I was reviewing the Logitech Squeezebox Touch for specs and was surprised that Logitech is using her on the player's screen as a demo. 
smiley_thumb.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #18,317 of 42,298

It's rainy in the early morning hours in Cali. And that's ok, as I've got my Woo burnin' rightly and brightly inside the listening room. To reflect the weather outside, I queued:

"Raindrops", Chopin: Prelude #15 In D Flat, Op 28/15 - Peter Schmalfuss
"Stormy Weather" - Lena Horne

Then to reflect conditions indoors:

"I Will Be Fine" - Karen Mok

Who proceeded to burn up the listening room with that track!!! 
biggrin.gif
 Guess I remain warm now the rest of the morning...

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #18,318 of 42,298

Quote:

It's rainy in the early morning hours in Cali. And that's ok, as I've got my Woo burnin' rightly and brightly inside the listening room. To reflect the weather outside, I queued:

"Raindrops", Chopin: Prelude #15 In D Flat, Op 28/15 - Peter Schmalfuss
"Stormy Weather" - Lena Horne

Then to reflect conditions indoors:

"I Will Be Fine" - Karen Mok

Who proceeded to burn up the listening room with that track!!! 
biggrin.gif
 Guess I remain warm now the rest of the morning...

seems like you're an insomniac too 
beerchug.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #18,319 of 42,298

Quote:

seems like you're an insomniac too 
beerchug.gif

In addition to being a 'Woozie', I'm a night cat... with early A.M. responsibilities. Man, my days are ruff & stuff! Yet, life brings delights. 
wink.gif
 Then, there's the matter of breakin' in some new WireWorld candy!

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #18,320 of 42,298
almost 7am, got school in an hour. 

took a long shower, drinking tequila sunrise + listening to some cafe del mar 
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #18,321 of 42,298

Quote:

wink.gif

Quote:
In addition to being a 'Woozie', I'm a night cat... with early A.M. responsibilities. Man, my days are ruff & stuff! Yet, life brings delights. 
wink.gif
 Then, there's the matter of breakin' in some new WireWorld candy!

thats the life... 
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #18,322 of 42,298
I wonder how many of my students come to my 8:00 a.m. class after drinking a tequila sunrise breakfast of champions.

Quote:

wink.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #18,323 of 42,298

Quote:
I wonder how many of my students come to my 8:00 a.m. class after drinking a tequila sunrise breakfast of champions.

tongue.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #18,324 of 42,298

Quote:

wink.gif

Just missed you in passing. Have yourself a great first day recovering from the semester break! And try not to think about ALL your gear during the lectures. 
dt880smile.png

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #18,326 of 42,298
If I am in my place, I'll leave it on up to 8 hours.  If I'm not playing any music, I'll still leave it on, but turn the volume to zero.  If I leave, even for a minute, the amp gets shut off.  I won't leave tubes unattended.

Quote:
Hey. For how long do you guys leave your amp on, if you leave the room?
How long does it have to be for you to turn off the amp when you leave, and turn it back on again when back?

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #18,327 of 42,298

Quote:
How long does it have to be for you to turn off the amp when you leave, and turn it back on again when back?

For me, it's a matter of where I'm going and for how long. If I go to the kitchen for a cold glass of milk. Or retrieve something from the adjacent room, I let it play. But to be clear, I won't be hangin' out somewhere leaving my amp unattended. Nearly all of my sessions are overnight anyway, so I'm always inside the listening room (gotta leave for the cold milk, though! 
biggrin.gif
)

Also, I won't turn my amp on and off before it has a chance to cool - generally, I just use a one hour window. If I listened during the day (I don't) I could see the challenge this could present. Say, turn the amp on, only to discover 10 minutes later you forgot something at the store. Emergencies aside, I put thought into when to have a session. If I can't successfully listen for one hour at minimum, I won't bother and will fire up the solid state gear instead.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #18,328 of 42,298

Quote:
norah jones on my T1/WA2 combo + a pomegranate martini 
tongue.gif

Quote:
wink.gif
  I'm so happy for you. Though, I'd take her sister (Anoushka Shankar) on my D7000/WA6SE combo + Champagne for my preference.

Well, I had to leave work in my shop several times today to clear all of the new snow that arrived (12 inches + in the last 12 hours), so for me, it is Rush/Moving Pictures in 24/96, and a Bell's Two-Hearted IPA.
smile.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #18,330 of 42,298

Quote:

Even since I got my WA2 late last year I've been typically leaving it on when I'm home or otherwise not far away. Turning it off if I'm leaving the house. I try to give it a break every 8hrs as per Woo website.
But recently the amp probably clocked 10hrs in a session.
For me. The amp ultimately sits at the end of a PC as source chain. So it isn't just for music. It's for gaming too. I have small USB fan (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_1160&products_id=18473) parked on top circulating some air in a soft steady breeze. It's summer here in Australia. And the modest airflow lowers internal temp (measure through glass) by a not insignificant amount. Someday. I don't turn it on at all. Using the SS amp, which also gets hot. So I fan assist that too.

I find the WA2 chassis is cooler too with airflow. It seems much of the chassis heat is from the valves blasting the exterior surfaces with the hotness. Convection is our friend and a little assistance doesn't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back