Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #12,946 of 42,298

Quote:
To all WA22 owners:
Hi guys, do you have in mind Jack's "Woo Audio amplifier comparisons" table?
In the category "Euphonic" our ampli beats also the WA5 and the WA5-LE! What do you think about it? Do you agree with him?
Also it would be interesting to know if Jack has compiled his Comparisons table with all his models equipped with stock tubes or with upgrade tubes.
IMHO I think the WA22 with upgrade tubes and in balanced mode is really an excellent headphone ampli and that probably it is at the same level of Wa5-LE.
Did anybody hear WA22 and Wa5-LE for a reasonable amount of time and can make his personal comparison?

Not better or worse, but the WA22 would be the most "tubey" sounding according to that chart, so it could be interpreted that rolling would have the greatest impact
smile.gif

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #12,947 of 42,298

Quote:

I had the same thought about delaying postage until I come back in November. 

Problem is, I do not trust anyone and am a bit afraid there will be a dealy when I get back again, because the amp built for me will be sold while I am away.

Inform him you'd like to modify your order as a "Time order," ready to be delivered at a specific time. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #12,949 of 42,298
If anybody is still interested that "Warning about Kyle of Reference Audio Mods" thread has gone off the veritable deep end:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/566728/warning-about-kyle-of-reference-audio-mods#post_7675269

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #12,950 of 42,298

Quote:

Good advice. I will do that.

P.S. I am still very unsatisfied with what happened with my order.

I understand your disappointment. But I'm almost certain (I am) that the delay was unavoidable - your circumstance makes it even less desirable. You really are in good hands, though...
popcorn.gif

By the way, what model are you waiting on?

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #12,951 of 42,298

Quote:
This caught my eye this morning, it seems a little dubious to me to be selling these as a "matched pair" but maybe looks aren't everything?:

6SN7GT B Tung Sol & GE Matched pair - tests Good

Well, if the seller knows how to use his tester correctly then he technically is not lying..... they are matched Gm pair, though they likely will sound radically different in each channel for tone.  This is a good example of a person needing to be comfortable in their tube knowledge before buying from eBay though.

Aug 17, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #12,952 of 42,298

Quote:
I understand your disappointment. But I'm almost certain (I am) that the delay was unavoidable - your circumstance makes it even less desirable. You really are in good hands, though...
popcorn.gif

By the way, what model are you waiting on?

I am not so sure. 
Here is my situation.

At the end of July I contacted him for a quote and paid 25% of the order value. 
He said shipping date would be Aug 15th.
I promised to pay the rest on Aug 5th.
I paid the money in on Aug 10th.
I received confirmation he got the money.
On Aug 15th or 16th I received no information regarding shipping so I sent an email asking for tracking number.
I was advised there was a delay and it would be sent on Friday 19th or Monday 22nd. 
I explained it would be too late and I would be away already.
Then suddenly he says he can send the amp today and it will reach me on Tuesday (I will be gone by Tue morning).

Now he says that the delay is caused by the fact that my 2nd installment was late? It was still there almost a week before the agreed shipping date.

The most puzzling is the last part where there was a big delay and suddenly the amp was ready to be sent today and I now feel like the whole delay was just a hoax, maybe there was someone he wanted to send an amp to first, no idea.

Waiting for a WA2.

Aug 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #12,953 of 42,298

Quote:

I am not so sure. 
Here is my situation.

At the end of July I contacted him for a quote and paid 25% of the order value. 
He said shipping date would be Aug 15th.
I promised to pay the rest on Aug 5th.
I paid the money in on Aug 10th.
I received confirmation he got the money.
On Aug 15th or 16th I received no information regarding shipping so I sent an email asking for tracking number.
I was advised there was a delay and it would be sent on Friday 19th or Monday 22nd. 
I explained it would be too late and I would be away already.
Then suddenly he says he can send the amp today and it will reach me on Tuesday (I will be gone by Tue morning).

Now he says that the delay is caused by the fact that my 2nd installment was late? It was still there almost a week before the agreed shipping date.

The most puzzling is the last part where there was a big delay and suddenly the amp was ready to be sent today and I now feel like the whole delay was just a hoax, maybe there was someone he wanted to send an amp to first, no idea.

Waiting for a WA2.

That's really goofy man, I'm not sure what to say. I hate it when sellers have "issues" that aren't really born from a problem. Have you contacted him since then for a confirmed ship date/tracking number?

Aug 18, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #12,955 of 42,298
The same thing happened to me, when my WES was delayed for about a month. Apparently, Woo decided to improve the design (and, a little while later, they added the line "Mills and Kiwame resistors" to the description of the WES on the website, so maybe that was the improvement). I was given the option of getting my amp quickly without the improvements, or a few weeks later with them.

There are many companies that would simply ship the current design and then roll out the new design when they had the parts. Nothing wrong with that, but I really appreciated Woo's offer to wait for a little and get the improved product.

Quote:
I had two hurdles to deal with last year. My amp arrived 9 July, 2010 but I ordered 2 May, 2010. I faced a strong demand from Spring orders and then Jack shut down production for Can-Jam. But, at least I didn't have to hit the road for travel. Hang in there!
beerchug.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #12,956 of 42,298

Quote:

Waiting for a WA2.

Normally you are asked to pay the entire amount immediately upon ordering, so perhaps your order was being held until the rest of the payment was received.  There is a lot of fraud and scamming with this sort of thing, and small boutique audio companies get burned by it sometimes so you can't really fault them for being cautious.

Aug 18, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #12,957 of 42,298

Quote:
Normally you are asked to pay the entire amount immediately upon ordering, so perhaps your order was being held until the rest of the payment was received.  There is a lot of fraud and scamming with this sort of thing, and small boutique audio companies get burned by it sometimes so you can't really fault them for being cautious.

True. What's more, method of payment and country of origin sometimes play a part in the extra time it takes to 'clear' a transaction. But you 'Hit it' Xcalibur255, it's nearly 2012 and fraud is running as rampant as ever! On a side note, I caused my own delay initially and had to wait an additional four months. I had been saving up for a WA6. The closer I got to the purchase amount, the more I began to look at photos of the amp.

Then a day or two before ordering, cruising the head-fi threads I saw a shot of Orcin's beautiful black WA 6 Special Edition... I was no mo' good! Had to have it, so I started to save anew to make the difference.  
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #12,958 of 42,298

Nurse: "The Doctor will see you now, Silent One..."

Last night, I had the pleasure of taking my Raytheon 6SN7 tubes to fellow Woo mate Shipsupt's place (the aforementioned doctor) and get my tubes thoroughly checked-out. Despite being in the middle of a busy work week, he not only made time for me, he turned out to be a terrific host as well. Thanks kindly, shipsupt, I am grateful. It was a delight learning more about his style with music and gear. My Raytheon's receiving a clean bill of health was merely icing on the cake!
beerchug.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #12,959 of 42,298

Quote:
The same thing happened to me, when my WES was delayed for about a month. Apparently, Woo decided to improve the design (and, a little while later, they added the line "Mills and Kiwame resistors" to the description of the WES on the website, so maybe that was the improvement). I was given the option of getting my amp quickly without the improvements, or a few weeks later with them.

There are many companies that would simply ship the current design and then roll out the new design when they had the parts. Nothing wrong with that, but I really appreciated Woo's offer to wait for a little and get the improved product.

Viewpoint  . :       :  :

In my own purchasing experience with my first Woo Audio amp, I strove to be a great customer despite delays and the reasons behind them. Jack kept me informed, and wanting him to be successful I gave him the latitude he needed. I saw it as establishing a relationship not picking up a commodity. One year in, I've already reaped benefits - a solid amp that has yet to need attention and assistance on tube purchases. Questions? He's answered them for me around the clock whether 3 pm  or 3 am (1500/0300). In fact, he now has me on Speed-dial! O.k., maybe not, but you get the idea... another happy customer!
beerchug.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #12,960 of 42,298

Quote:

It would be an interesting to scam someone by paying them an x amount fo money into their account :wink:

Quote:
That's really goofy man, I'm not sure what to say. I hate it when sellers have "issues" that aren't really born from a problem. Have you contacted him since then for a confirmed ship date/tracking number?

It is not going to be sent any time soon as I have no one to collect it when I am away. He has not confirmed that my order weill be timed now, but I hope that is what is gonna happen.

Quote:
Viewpoint  . :       :  :  
In my own purchasing experience with my first Woo Audio amp, I strove to be a great customer despite delays and the reasons behind them. Jack kept me informed, and wanting him to be successful I gave him the latitude he needed. I saw it as establishing a relationship not picking up a commodity. One year in, I've already reaped benefits - a solid amp that has yet to need attention and assistance on tube purchases. Questions? He's answered them for me around the clock whether 3 pm  or 3 am (1500/0300). In fact, he now has me on Speed-dial! O.k., maybe not, but you get the idea... another happy customer!
beerchug.gif

I was on the same track trying to be a great customer, but when after 2 days from agreed shipping date I had no information on shipping and only upon enquiring I was told there is a delay I got a bit awestruck by the lack of information.

Quote:
True. What's more, method of payment and country of origin sometimes play a part in the extra time it takes to 'clear' a transaction. But you 'Hit it' Xcalibur255, it's nearly 2012 and fraud is running as rampant as ever! On a side note, I caused my own delay initially and had to wait an additional four months. I had been saving up for a WA6. The closer I got to the purchase amount, the more I began to look at photos of the amp.  
Then a day or two before ordering, cruising the head-fi threads I saw a shot of Orcin's beautiful black WA 6 Special Edition... I was no mo' good! Had to have it, so I started to save anew to make the difference.  
biggrin.gif

Again, as funny as it sounds, I sent the money from the UK, not Bangladesh or Zimbabwe (sorry no offense to those from these countries). How could I scam someone by sending him a payment? And then sending the rest of it? Strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back