Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #1,517 of 42,298
Sneak at night and listen while everyone's sleeping. Then put it back into the gift wrap when done.

If someone asks why the gift wrap looks already opened, look elsewhere, acting like you don't know anything.

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #1,518 of 42,298
placed my order for a WA6 with pdps upgrade and a Sophia Princess Mesh Plate 274B rectifier - 3 week build time + delivery time to the UK - really looking forward to it
happy_face1.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #1,519 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by gt67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
placed my order for a WA6 with pdps upgrade and a Sophia Princess Mesh Plate 274B rectifier - 3 week build time + delivery time to the UK - really looking forward to it
happy_face1.gif

Congrats on your Woo purchase. I'm sure you'll love it
happy_face1.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #1,520 of 42,298
Still waiting for my W6se.
Dispatched on 19th November to UK.
No tracking info on USPS or Parcelforce so can only assume its stuck at customs
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #1,521 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by nigeljames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still waiting for my W6se.
Dispatched on 19th November to UK.
No tracking info on USPS or Parcelforce so can only assume its stuck at customs
frown.gif

Be patient, you'll never regret for the long waiting, it worth. BTW, Jack should have let you know the tracking number when he dispatched your amp, why don't you send him an email and ask for what's going on?

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #1,522 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannie01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be patient, you'll never regret for the long waiting, it worth. BTW, Jack should have let you know the tracking number when he dispatched your amp, why don't you send him an email and ask for what's going on?

Yes Jack gave me a tracking number and has confirmed that USPS did collect amp on the 19th but absolutely no updates on USPS website as to whether it has even left the US, although I assume it has by now.
Using the same tracking number brings up no info on Parcelforce site either but they may change the number anyway.
The fact that I can't track it is what's anoying at the moment and means I can't even guess when I will recieve it
frown.gif
or who to blame if I do not!

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #1,523 of 42,298
I'm not sure how the Parcelforce works in UK, but my experience is, I got the tracking number from Jack when he dispatched my WA6SE, no up-date on the USPS website until I have the notice from HK post office I have a HEAVY parcel to collect, it took about 4-5 days only (I can't remember the exact time has been taken).

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #1,524 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I call a Christmas present! Good luck with looking at that package under the tree for the next three weeks :)

Haha well here's the full scoop on that: I actually placed the order myself way back in August. Back then my wife didn't really know what it cost... I wasn't really planning on bringing it up either. It was just going to show up in my office one day
smily_headphones1.gif
Fast forward a few months of delays.....

My wife decided she needed a minivan to be able to fit the baby and the dog and groceries etc etc, so we got her an Odyssey as her 'early christmas gift'.

She was feeling pretty guilty about spending that much, so I decided it would be a perfect time to tell her about the WA22
smily_headphones1.gif
She was a little miffed I didn't tell her earlier but the whole Van thing kinda diffused the bomb. We came to the agreement that for not being upfront about the cost I'll need to wait until Christmas to use it
smily_headphones1.gif

what I get for being sneaky I suppose. she thinks so little of hifi audio
atsmile.gif

next need to put my WA3+ up FS

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #1,525 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sneak at night and listen while everyone's sleeping. Then put it back into the gift wrap when done.

If someone asks why the gift wrap looks already opened, look elsewhere, acting like you don't know anything.

With my wife's lazy gift-wrapping job that should actually be fairly easy to pull off
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #1,526 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by IctusBrucks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With my wife's lazy gift-wrapping job that should actually be fairly easy to pull off
wink.gif

There u go~!

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #1,527 of 42,298
Good news everyone! I e-mailed Jack last night about the status of my amp (low hum in the right channel) and this was his response:

We worked on your amp and the hum reduced roughly 25%. It is an acceptable level on high sensitive headphones as it does not interfere even in low volume listening. I will see what else I can do to further lower the noise. If you think that will work for you, I can ship it back to you.

I told him I'd rather have him keep it a little bit longer if they can reduce the noise further. I'm pretty excited now!
icon10.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #1,528 of 42,298
I thinks it's great that you fessed up about the WA22. In my house, when I went on disability and could no longer work as a pediatrician, I sold off a large amount of my firearms collection to fund my headphone hobby; so as long as something sells to make room for something new I'm okay.

Dec 3, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #1,529 of 42,298
I hope this is what he does for all future WA22 works. Or I will have to send it back for a same treatment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudioDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news everyone! I e-mailed Jack last night about the status of my amp (low hum in the right channel) and this was his response:

We worked on your amp and the hum reduced roughly 25%. It is an acceptable level on high sensitive headphones as it does not interfere even in low volume listening. I will see what else I can do to further lower the noise. If you think that will work for you, I can ship it back to you.

I told him I'd rather have him keep it a little bit longer if they can reduce the noise further. I'm pretty excited now!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back