Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 4, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #1,546 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not WA22. I am having so much fun with WA22 right now. The thing with WA22, you can tweak them to sound so much better than stock.

Yes ... I ordered the WA22 for my balanced setup back in October. Still waiting to hear from Jack on an actual shipping date.

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #1,547 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton SF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I can stop drinking for now. Just got my tracking number for the WA22. That's 9 weeks to the day.

That's great to hear Clayton ... since I'm not far behind you with my order date.
rolleyes.gif

Guess I'll start my drinking now!

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #1,548 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by h.rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That must be the older WA2. There are two Black Gate 470uf/100v for coupling.
And it looks like there is no pre-amp output.

Yes, this is a first generation Woo2. There is no preamp or line out.
The Black Gates that I have are standard issue for the base model, right?

Dec 4, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #1,551 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sshh.

What the hell.. I've been hoping 5-6 weeks like he suggested. But with Christmas and New Year, I might as well give up on that hope.

tosehee, there was a delay in the completion of my WA22 because of a defect in the chassis. I bet that's been cleared up so perhaps your order is still on the 5- to 6-week build timeline as estimated by Jack. Of course you could email him again and ask for another estimate.

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #1,552 of 42,298
I have 243 hours on my WA6SE maxxed. I'm sitting there listening to some Floyd and my walks in and hands me a box full of Sophia Princess. I rolled that baby in and fired it up. What a pretty glow.

The result right off the bat was simply a complete tightening up of the bass. I didn't recognize the bloat albeit slight, until it was gone. Wow.

This is brand new and the black gates may have a while to go before they are at their best but if it didn't get any better than this I'd be just fine.

Thanks for the guidance y'all.

Ray

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #1,553 of 42,298
A great investment which you will never regret of. Mine has hit approx 800+ hours and it sounds more than awesome. Tweak the DAC as we speak, which is now bringing the listening experience to another dimension/.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayfromTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 243 hours on my WA6SE maxxed. I'm sitting there listening to some Floyd and my walks in and hands me a box full of Sophia Princess. I rolled that baby in and fired it up. What a pretty glow.

The result right off the bat was simply a complete tightening up of the bass. I didn't recognize the bloat albeit slight, until it was gone. Wow.

This is brand new and the black gates may have a while to go before they are at their best but if it didn't get any better than this I'd be just fine.

Ray

Dec 5, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #1,554 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by RayfromTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ray

Wait until the Sophia has 30-80 hours on it!

Dec 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #1,555 of 42,298
Quote:

tosehee, there was a delay in the completion of my WA22 because of a defect in the chassis. I bet that's been cleared up so perhaps your order is still on the 5- to 6-week build timeline as estimated by Jack. Of course you could email him again and ask for another estimate.

Yah. I was just little worried because I get a local get-together on January that I'd like to bring WA22 to show. In any rate, I am not going to bother him with the build/estimate. Once it gets to 4-5 weeks, I will send an email to get more up-to-date info. Until then, it's fine. I have a lot of killing to do with tube catch ups and what not.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #1,556 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, this is a first generation Woo2. There is no preamp or line out.
The Black Gates that I have are standard issue for the base model, right?

There is no Black Gate in the base model.
You might want to upgrade it to the current build.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #1,557 of 42,298
Listening to the drums in Santana's Migra. Holy big full realism Batman. This is good stuff.

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #1,558 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by h.rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no Black Gate in the base model.
You might want to upgrade it to the current build.
evil_smiley.gif

It'd probably be cheaper in the long run to just buy a new amp spec'd the way I wanted it. Once I add all the shipping to Ice Station Zebra it would start getting silly methinks.
I'm very impressed with this one as is and am quite happy. I can only imagine what the new builds sound like.
It would appear that the Woo2 has been through quite a few revisions.

Dec 5, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #1,559 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Moondog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's great to hear Clayton ... since I'm not far behind you with my order date.
rolleyes.gif

Guess I'll start my drinking now!

Hear, hear! It's a cause for celebration on both our ends.
beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #1,560 of 42,298
Quote:

Hear, hear! It's a cause for celebration on both our ends.
beerchug.gif

Ummmmm.... maybe I shouldn't say anything
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back