Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jan 8, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #40,051 of 42,298
Anyone purchase tubes from Best300B.com? They seem to have pretty good prices. Euro based. Also thoughts on KR audio vs Emission labs. Preference for rectifiers:274B or 5u4g?

Jan 11, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #40,052 of 42,298
Hi everyone,

I just bought a WA5 v2, simply awesome!!
just got a pair of sophia royal princess 300bs and a pair of sophia 274b mesh as an upgrade - highly recommended. sounds tubey/spacious but with lots of details/extension, tight base wish i could describe the sound better but I'm not an expert with audiophile terms . they are a bit pricey but i wanted to get one of the best upgrade tubes rather than keep rolling, at least for now.

however this purchase means that my beloved WA22 (black) has to go. its in a perfect condition, all stock tubes with woo suggested upgrade tubes (sophia 274b and a pair of 7236). all tubes have barely 500 hours on them.
I live in Dubai, UAE but I'm willing to ship internationally, please PM me if of interest to discuss price/shipping/photos or videos and any other questions you might be having :)

Saleh

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #40,054 of 42,298
Thanks for that I have been a bit peed of with the scetchy information I have been receiving from woo audio lately I asked what tubes are compatible with the woo 6 and the reply was there is a few that are compatible with the woo6 but does not mean we recommend? I can not seem to get a straight answer from Mike at woo ,
As for the compatibility list on the manual why is there so many tubes on there if the only ones that he recommends is the 13de7s and the 13em7s , he sent me the link for the site and that's all they have ? I'm so confused with the whole thing what does he mean by we do not recommend , so why have them listed? . dont you guys think the compatibility list should be updated for the new 2nd gen .
i purchased 6de7 tubes only because it was listed on the site , that was a waste of money .

Cheers guys

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #40,055 of 42,298
Thanks for that I have been a bit peed of with the scetchy information I have been receiving from woo audio lately I asked what tubes are compatible with the woo 6 and the reply was there is a few that are compatible with the woo6 but does not mean we recommend? I can not seem to get a straight answer from Mike at woo ,
As for the compatibility list on the manual why is there so many tubes on there if the only ones that he recommends is the 13de7s and the 13em7s , he sent me the link for the site and that's all they have ? I'm so confused with the whole thing what does he mean by we do not recommend , so why have them listed? . dont you guys think the compatibility list should be updated for the new 2nd gen .
i purchased 6de7 tubes only because it was listed on the site , that was a waste of money .

Cheers guys
Sorry for your unfortunate experience.
As I mentioned, the tube chart/s that I'm familiar with for my older WA6 were also unreliable.

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #40,057 of 42,298
Is there a Woo tube compatibility chart for the 2nd generation WA6 and whatever other models are now 2nd generation?
If so, could someone please post the link? I can't seem to find it, and all I have is this chart from when I purchased my WA6 +/- 5yrs ago.
Thanks.

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #40,064 of 42,298
guys
what driver/power tubes would you recommend for the wa6 2nd gen .
lots of the tubes for the 1st gen wa6 are not compatible any more ?

thanks
I have the WA6-SE V2. I bought it at the end of 2017 and have run it in about 200 hours. I tried the stock tubes and also bought the 13EM7 tubes with the adapters which are nice but the magic for me seems to happen with a pair of NOS Sylvania 13DE7 tubes. For the rectifier I bought the Sophia 274B. The amp is awesome. Best headphone amp I have ever owned.

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #40,065 of 42,298

Users who are viewing this thread

Back