Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 6, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #29,881 of 42,298
Just pressed 'go' on a black WA6SE, so I guess that means I'm shortly to be a member of this club. A tube novice, so this is is an exciting adventure, and I must not think about my wallet for a while!

Went for the EML 5U4G and 6FD7 options, which I hope is going to give me a good start. Not sure I'm really into tube rolling, so I think I want a stable set up that will last.

Anyway, now for the wait... 
wink_face.gif

May 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #29,882 of 42,298
  Just pressed 'go' on a black WA6SE, so I guess that means I'm shortly to be a member of this club. A tube novice, so this is is an exciting adventure, and I must not think about my wallet for a while!

Went for the EML 5U4G and 6FD7 options, which I hope is going to give me a good start. Not sure I'm really into tube rolling, so I think I want a stable set up that will last.

wink_face.gif

This is what we all said...

May 6, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #29,884 of 42,298

wink_face.gif

Congratulations!

This is what we all said...

Your not kidding!!! I'm currently waiting for a 596 to arrive, after saying to myself... no more tubes!!! 
rolleyes.gif

May 6, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #29,886 of 42,298

wink_face.gif

I did the same thing about a week ago.  I went stock with the tubes until I get a feel for the sounds then will replace based on how they sound with the different types of music, plus the headphones.  Pulled the plug on the black WA6-SE to go with the black AD's that should show around the same time.

My wallet left me a note last week, was just a picture of a middle finger inside.  He hasn't been seen or heard from since. 

May 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #29,889 of 42,298
I'm not sure if this topic has been touched on in this thread but I was wondering if anyone of you out there have had the Schiit Valhalla or heard it and what do you think compared with the WA6SE. I'm trying to decide on which one I want to get but I can't really seem to find a straight answer anywhere. Thank you.

May 10, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #29,891 of 42,298
  I'm not sure if this topic has been touched on in this thread but I was wondering if anyone of you out there have had the Schiit Valhalla or heard it and what do you think compared with the WA6SE. I'm trying to decide on which one I want to get but I can't really seem to find a straight answer anywhere. Thank you.

I've never heard the Valhalla or the WA6/SE…but I do have the WA6, and absolutely love it!!!

May 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #29,892 of 42,298

These are 2 completely different animals. The valhalla is an entry level OTL suitable for high impedance phones. The WA6SE has hi and low impedance output taps. I believe you can now roll some tubes on the valhalla. Whereas the output/rectifier tube combinations on the Woo are endless and have pretty dramatic changes on the sound.  Even comparing the WA6SE to the Woo OTL's would be comparing apples to oranges.

May 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #29,893 of 42,298
  These are 2 completely different animals. The valhalla is an entry level OTL suitable for high impedance phones. The WA6SE has hi and low impedance output taps. I believe you can now roll some tubes on the valhalla. Whereas the output/rectifier tube combinations on the Woo are endless and have pretty dramatic changes on the sound.  Even comparing the WA6SE to the Woo OTL's would be comparing apples to oranges.

+1 thank you guys for your help :)

May 12, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #29,895 of 42,298
I'm thinking of getting wa7 to replace my magni + dacport lx, but nobody wants to buy away my stuff, sad. even my um miracle nobody wants, sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back