Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Sep 11, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #5,357 of 42,298

Quote:
congrats! lol who knows when mine will be shipped =\

Thanks! 

Jack Woo said two week lead time and it was two weeks to the day that it shipped.  And then another entire week to get trucked cross-country.  Felt like two months.  I'm used to two day Amazon deliveries.

Have faith.  It'll eventually shake loose and come crawling home.

Sep 11, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #5,358 of 42,298

Quote:
Thanks! 

Jack Woo said two week lead time and it was two weeks to the day that it shipped.  And then another entire week to get trucked cross-country.  Felt like two months.  I'm used to two day Amazon deliveries.

Have faith.  It'll eventually shake loose and come crawling home.

lol me too, amazon has collected much money of mine over the years.  Jack said 1 week build time for mine! so i should have it in about a week and half to my door.... i hope!

Sep 11, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #5,359 of 42,298

Quote:
I can certainly relate to that. I usually sit by my window above the curb and wait to pounce the truck. Sort of like a leopard in wait.
biggrin.gif
You should get your WA6 area cleared and source system ready to go--interconnects and all...

Awesome. 

My other thought was to sit on the roof with rocks and throw them down at any FedEx truck that passed by.  If I lived in an area with trees I'd rig them up to fall and block the road at the truck's approach.

I may be getting carried away.  I may be hyperventilating.  I know!  More caffeine.  That'll help.

Sep 11, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #5,361 of 42,298

Quote:
Just placed an order for the Woo 3!
My heart really wanted me to go for the Woo 2, but $1000 is too much for me at the moment :)
I will drive my beloved HD650, and probably some DT880, 600ohm.
Any recommendation for a DAC? I use to own a Audio-GD Ref.5, and though I really liked it I'm looking for smoother and richer sound.

I've been very pleased with my PS Audio Digital Link III so far.  It seems to have a very transparent sound that really makes the tube rolling that much more enjoyable.

Sep 11, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #5,365 of 42,298
I believe if they're committed to deliver today then that's what they'll do. Fingers X'd. Remember, keep a steady hand when pitching those rocks and make sure that the tree is ready to fall behind the truck--and not ON the truck.
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #5,368 of 42,298

Quote:
I can certainly relate to that. I usually sit by my window above the curb and wait to pounce the truck. Sort of like a leopard in wait.
biggrin.gif
You should get your WA6 area cleared and source system ready to go--interconnects and all...

It's a jungle out there - I too, was lying in wait! My change in behavior started the night before. At bedtime ('round midnight) I decided to check FedEx tracking for an update. Once I saw the processing activity for the local hub at FedEx, I knew then and there my WA6SE would be out on the truck just hours later for a 1 pm delivery (appx). What I didn't know was, what to do next?!

I went from sleepy to w-i-d-e awake in the mere tracking of a package. So, with the anxiety and anticipation of a new parent bringing a baby home, I remodeled my entire room! This took me from 12:30 am thru 7 am, because everything had to be just so - including cables. Then breakfast. A power nap (90 min). Lunch, and then the grand roar of the truck. Yeah, I ran to the window like a lil' school kid! Wrong truck - UPS! That's when I pitched a chair at a 45 degree angle to the window and began lying in wait.

My guy eventually rolled up - 9 July @ 1400 hours. I haven't been the same since!!!

Sep 11, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #5,370 of 42,298
tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick...
grass is growing, I can see it growing, yes I can see it growing...
tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock...

SQUIRREL!

tick tock...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back