Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 25, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #39,632 of 42,298

Another question :wink:
did you know if I can  use 5V3  tubein WA6SE ?

I see some people doing that .... but well with an orhto I prefer to have more ouput power, am I wrong ?

Another question : does a tube need a "burn in" time ?

Regards,

No right or wrong it's just a matter of preference. The WA6 was plenty powerful for my needs being I have easily driven headphones, so going back to the WA6 with more tube rolling options was a better choice for me.

I don't know which tubes the SE can use, and unfortunately it seems the "Woo Audio Compatibility Chart" is no longer available when I just checked. It may have been outdated, and there could be a more current one? 
If anyone has a more current chart, I would appreciate the link, thank you.

Yes, tubes need burn-in time.

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #39,633 of 42,298

No right or wrong it's just a matter of preference. The WA6 was plenty powerful for my needs being I have easily driven headphones, so going back to the WA6 with more tube rolling options was a better choice for me.

Of course, wrong explanation :
For my self I have choose to reduce tube rolling possibility but to have a more powerfull amp who cover more "usecase"/headphones.

I don't know which tubes the SE can use, and unfortunately it seems the "Woo Audio Compatibility Chart" is no longer available when I just checked. It may have been outdated, and there could be a more current one? 

Perhaps an update concernant the new version of wa6 and wa6se ? 
Ok thank you for the respond : need some time to compare my new brimar 5Z4GY :wink:

Regards,

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #39,634 of 42,298

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DdsZyTx3CJv9_cG9kVdCGZap-AldiTsvuY4Ms1K_p3k/pubhtml

The Woo chart is still there...

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #39,636 of 42,298
I am pretty new here, just bought myself a used maxed out Wa6 with a Mullard GZ32/CV593 rectifier. and it came with a bunch of driver tubes, so far I really like the RCA 6FD7 and the RCA Fat Bottle 6GL7. I really want to try one of the 274B rectifier tubes, do y'all think they would be a decent upgrade from the current Mullard I am running? Any other advice on tubes and such are welcome!

May 2, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #39,641 of 42,298
Just got a wa6 with Sophia princess upgrades for my birthday today from my wonderful wife (luv you honey) Burning it in as I am typing this and already, taking my breath away:smile_phones:

The WA6 USA great Amp, congratulations! I vaguely remember the days when my wife supported my hobbies. There is a lot of experience here about tube rolling. You have many great options.

May 3, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #39,643 of 42,298
So i was up till 3 am listening :ksc75smile: and thought I would share my system and what was in the WA6's place before.
My system now is

HP laptop running all flac files
Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100
AKG Q701
Woo WA, 2nd generation with Sophia Princess and 13EM7 plus one pair of 13EM7->13DE7 Teflon tube adapters.

My previous amp was a little dot 1+ and I was very happy with it, but not now :smile_phones:

I couldn't be happier and since im off work today, im going to buy some Cd's :dt880smile:

wa6.jpg

May 3, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #39,645 of 42,298
Hello,

Did you know where to buy an after market 6em7 -> 6ed7 adapter ? (9 pins to 8 pin)

Is this kind of stuff could work ?
http://m.ebay.fr/itm/1-6SN7-To-12AU...-Socket-Adapter-6-3V-/282369339051?nav=SEARCH
The adapters work. I've probably bought 5 different pairs depending on the amp. The ones from WOO are better but very expensive. WOO adapters are teflon with gold plate. The Chinese adapters are usually ceramic or bakelite. The Ceramic are white and the bakelite are usually brown or black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back