Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 27, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #33,436 of 42,298
Apr 27, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #33,437 of 42,298

That because they were made for my WA6 the adapters for the WA22 are on there way i should get them this week .It wasnt working out one wire was on the inside and that was making noise They should be like yours

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #33,438 of 42,298

That because they were made for my WA6 the adapters for the WA22 are on there way i should get them this week .It wasnt working out one wire was on the inside and that was making noise They should be like yours

Cool. They look great with the black wires. I think I will ask Glenn to make me another set. Also I will see if he has black caps.

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #33,439 of 42,298

Cool. They look great with the black wires. I think I will ask Glenn to make me another set. Also I will see if he has black caps.

Dark brown US made NOS almost black

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #33,441 of 42,298

I'm a bit confused with the adapter set up in your WA6.
Why are you still using Woo adapter between Glenns 6F8G adapters, and not plugging Glenns 6DE7>6F8G adapter directly into your WA6?
Are those not Glenns 6DE7>6F8G your using Woo 6DE7>6SN7>6F8G?

Just a matter of cost .

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #33,443 of 42,298
Apr 28, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #33,444 of 42,298
Just got the U52 in... First thoughts, this will take some getting used to, but I see why it's in that top 3 or 4 rectifiers. The Brimar 5Z4G is much warmer, especially around the mids/upper bass. This U52 is pretty neutral, which gives some much needed space to the upper mids/lower treble. I didn't realize what I was missing. Detail is a bit more, tonality is more accurate, and the speed.... Oh god, the speed, the decay. I was halfway hoping it wouldn't be worth keeping, and I could turn around and sell it, but... no.

I also appreciate the lower Brimar 5Z4G much more though, it is a great tube. It is probably a bit more forgiving, and definitely warmer. No way the U52 is "worth" 20x the price, but then, what is sound worth to all of us? Hard to say. But I'm glad I bought it.

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #33,445 of 42,298

Sounds like a plan. I will need to work out how to get it to me. Do you ship overseas?
Is the cap a little like this?

Just got the U52 in... First thoughts, this will take some getting used to, but I see why it's in that top 3 or 4 rectifiers. The Brimar 5Z4G is much warmer, especially around the mids/upper bass. This U52 is pretty neutral, which gives some much needed space to the upper mids/lower treble. I didn't realize what I was missing. Detail is a bit more, tonality is more accurate, and the speed.... Oh god, the speed, the decay. I was halfway hoping it wouldn't be worth keeping, and I could turn around and sell it, but... no.

I also appreciate the lower Brimar 5Z4G much more though, it is a great tube. It is probably a bit more forgiving, and definitely warmer. No way the U52 is "worth" 20x the price, but then, what is sound worth to all of us? Hard to say. But I'm glad I bought it.

Thanks for your impressions. Warm is so me. I try to avoid neutral. So I will stay with the Brimar 5Z4GY.

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #33,446 of 42,298

Sounds like a plan. I will need to work out how to get it to me. Do you ship overseas?
Is the cap a little like this?

The cap is a bit different it was made by Hobson Bros Chicago they are dark brown almost black.
I do ship overseas it will probably be $25 for USPS priority mail shipping.

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #33,447 of 42,298
  The cap is a bit different it was made by Hobson Bros Chicago they are dark brown almost black.
I do ship overseas it will probably be $25 for USPS priority mail shipping.

Ohhh. That sounds nice. I thought you were kidding about NOS and made in the USA. Obviously you were not.

Okay done. I will contact you soon via PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back