Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #26,866 of 42,298
Quote:
+1

not offering cause im still not sure on whether ill buy it or not. also i would have to sell both my woos to get it. i still havent heard wa22 either, and like u, i am considering stratus still. i probably would of bought one by now if the wait wasnt like a few months

Looks like he's willing to negotiate.  Ask for $1500 to try out, it will be a heck of a deal.  It's like buying another TH900s :)

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #26,867 of 42,298
no money for any amps. thats why id have to sell my woos and thats why i havent picked up any of the good amps that have popped up in the for sale recently

Aug 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #26,868 of 42,298
Quote:
no money for any amps. thats why id have to sell my woos and thats why i havent picked up any of the good amps that have popped up in the for sale recently

Sell your Woo's? That's just crazy talk.

Speaking of Woo's, Anyone progress from the WA22 to a WA5 and if so did you go for the WA5-LE or spring for the WA5. I almost entirely listen to headphones now but the price difference between the two is not that bad if I were to decide to go with the slightly more expensive WA5.

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #26,869 of 42,298
Its funny if i upgraded from my WA2 to another Woo amp like WA22 or WA5 i would sell the WA2 but if i went for the Stratus i would keep the WA2. I think the idea of having a WA2 sitting beside a DNA stratus might be a nice complement, but a WA2 beside a WA22 not so much, who knows maybe I am talking nonsense. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #26,870 of 42,298
Quote:
Its funny if i upgraded from my WA2 to another Woo amp like WA22 or WA5 i would sell the WA2 but if i went for the Stratus i would keep the WA2. I think the idea of having a WA2 sitting beside a DNA stratus might be a nice complement, but a WA2 beside a WA22 not so much, who knows maybe I am talking nonsense. 

WA2 is OTL, you should keep it to play high impedance cans.  I want to eventually get OTL to complement my OPT amps.

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #26,871 of 42,298
Quote:

WA2 is OTL, you should keep it to play high impedance cans.  I want to eventually get OTL to complement my OPT amps.

Good point. I have had the T1's with the WA2 now for about a month. I reached the 100 hour mark last week and stopped counting after that. Man in the last few days they have gotten even nicer. I plugged in the HD650's there bout an hour ago but quickly changed back. The differences at the start were not so obvious, but now they really are. The 650's flaws really stick out a mile now when i compare them. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #26,872 of 42,298
Quote:

ardilla still has both woos. as well as nic rhodes. its not nonsense. i really don't want to sell my WA2, regardless of what i buy for my other headphones, the T1 are really something with this setup, and its still my favorite (though i think i might start to like the LCD-3 more cause its just such a good sounding headphone).

if i bought either, id keep WA2 unless the other amps are good enough to beat it in every way possible.

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #26,873 of 42,298
Quote:

ardilla still has both woos. as well as nic rhodes. its not nonsense. i really don't want to sell my WA2, regardless of what i buy for my other headphones, the T1 are really something with this setup, and its still my favorite (though i think i might start to like the LCD-3 more cause its just such a good sounding headphone).

if i bought either, id keep WA2 unless the other amps are good enough to beat it in every way possible.

if you like wa2/t1 combo so much, have you thought about getting to ss amp to complement instead?  t1 sound best with tube, no doubt but a ss amp to change the things a little is always fun.  yea wa5 is great and everything but wa2 is already very very good.

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #26,874 of 42,298
Quote:

if you like wa2/t1 combo so much, have you thought about getting to ss amp to complement instead?  t1 sound best with tube, no doubt but a ss amp to change the things a little is always fun.  yea wa5 is great and everything but wa2 is already very very good.

i don't like them as much out of SS, a little too crisp and lacks warmth. though it does still sound pretty good especially with rock music

the built in amp in my mytek 192 is very good and drives them just fine, about as good as my WA6-SE (which is very SS sounding with the right tubes). 

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #26,875 of 42,298
Quote:

i don't like them as much out of SS, a little too crisp and lacks warmth. though it does still sound pretty good especially with rock music

the built in amp in my mytek 192 is very good and drives them just fine, about as good as my WA6-SE (which is very SS sounding with the right tubes). 

a smooth and musical ss amp maybe?  i have a wa5 but i still use my other ss amp sometimes. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #26,876 of 42,298
Quote:

DG, what is it you like more about the T1/ WA2 vs. HD800/ WA2 combo?

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #26,877 of 42,298
Quote:

lol nah i think im done for a bit after re-buying RS1i or getting PS1000. ZDSE planned for next year as well as HE-6 + some amp.

of course i'll keep buying tubes and small stuff like that throughout the year though...

Have you spent time listening to the Zana Deux SE? Thoughts about comparison with the WA2?

I am considering the ZDSE as one of the few OTL amps that can supposedly handle low impedance cans in addition to high imp. My brief encounter which had TH900 (25 ohm) on it was positive.

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #26,878 of 42,298
Quote:
DG, what is it you like more about the T1/ WA2 vs. HD800/ WA2 combo?

its just more musical and works with everything. the HD 800 is still a little too unforgiving at times and the big sound soundstage isn't perfect for everything. plus i really enjoy the T1's bass presentation. its fast, clean, and has enough punch and a fast yet full decay which is nice.

ive been listening to HD 800 more lately though, they just sound so good with the GEC 6AS7G tubes. like a huge improvement vs. all the other tubes, it makes the HD 800 extremely good and better than T1, though i still prefer T1 more, they just get used less often now

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #26,879 of 42,298
Quote:
Have you spent time listening to the Zana Deux SE? Thoughts about comparison with the WA2?

I am considering the ZDSE as one of the few OTL amps that can supposedly handle low impedance cans in addition to high imp. My brief encounter which had TH900 (25 ohm) on it was positive.

nope, no zana deux yet 
frown.gif

hope to hear it soon though, i'm curious as to how it would pair with HD 800 and TH-900

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #26,880 of 42,298
Quote:
its just more musical and works with everything. the HD 800 is still a little too unforgiving at times and the big sound soundstage isn't perfect for everything. plus i really enjoy the T1's bass presentation. its fast, clean, and has enough punch and a fast yet full decay which is nice.

ive been listening to HD 800 more lately though, they just sound so good with the GEC 6AS7G tubes. like a huge improvement vs. all the other tubes, it makes the HD 800 extremely good and better than T1, though i still prefer T1 more, they just get used less often now

That's interesting, I know a while ago you were looking to improve/ change the bass signature on your WA2.  I have found my X-Sabre DAC to bring out your a fore mentioned T-1 qualities in my HD 800s.  It is really bringing the low end signature to a whole new level with a natural/ neutral sound full of defining timbre.  However, I believe it still may lack some of the bass emphasis your are referencing.

BTW, your not covertly building out a new headphone, are you?  I see they are delivering new motor components for your newly designed diaphragms/ drivers:

http://muon-g-2.fnal.gov/bigmove/images/gallery/20130729-Crowd-Around-Magnet.jpg

Hm mm,  a particle accelerated headphone... that just may have something over magnetic planner and electrostatics!
wink_face.gif
  (this assuming you have some sort of affiliation with Fermilab)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back