Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #22,681 of 42,298
Quote:
Look what I found in Amsterdam. Oh yeah, Clayton SF was there as well. Had a great time with him having beer, talking and having dinner.
Really great day, great guy and best Head-fi'er ever because he gave me his WA2 for a year. C you're the best!

Now let's see how this amp holds up against the 339 and Crack...

That's nice.  The more I see silver WA2s, the more I regret my last second decision to go with black.  Mine looks nice, but such a dust magnet!  What tubes are those?

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #22,682 of 42,298
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:24 PM
To: Silent One

Subject: RE: Maintenance/Appearance

You can use water based metal cleaner/polisher like the Twinkle or even just
a wet towel would do the job.
beerchug.gif

What's significant about the date of this transmission is 9 July, 2011 was my Woo's 1 year anniversary. So, I asked Jack how could I get my amp dolled up! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #22,683 of 42,298
For the moment it are 5998s with siemens branded, Philips ECG made owned by Sylvania 7308 (still following?) and mullard EZ80. But I'll have to change some, the sound isn't to my liking yet and with the HD650 there's humming. It looks awesome though, been using it as a preamp for the 339. :D

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #22,684 of 42,298
just got my new sophia 274b. huge differenvce vs. the old one. the one im using right now is all darkened up now at the mesh and the glass is darker too. might put some pics up later.  also noticed my raytheon 6ew7 might have a bit of wear too, i'll just use the sylvania 6ew7 though, they should sound the same right?

also heard some of the new headphone offerings that my best buy has (had to buy a cheap pair for a friend) and i had a chance to hear the HD 558, K550 again, and a few of the audio technica ones.

i was most impressed with the hd 558, i was surprised at how good they are for their price, they sounded REALLY good for their price and had more bass than i expected.

taking a break from any audio-related purchases, although still have my eyes on the HE-500 (the money for that went towards an ambulance bill though 
frown.gif
)

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #22,688 of 42,298
Sweet Home Chicago...

...say it ain't so! Hope you're ALL better now (PM to come and quick!). Glad to see you restored your Princess, Dubstep Girl.

beerchug.gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #22,692 of 42,298
Its been seven days since I replied to the Woo Audio  email and still no reply..

I though maybe he was busy and I would give them time..
He said he would fix the amp and pay shipping and all I asked for was a new jack and $30 and he said he wants to fix it as he feels the new jack will not cure the issue of the plug getting stuck..

I am tired of going back and forth trying to understand what they are talking about so in last email I said
FINE, I will do as you wish return the amp to you for repair..

Still waiting for Fedex Call Tag..

AMPs Good
Service Nightmare

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #22,694 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

Hopefully, members will provide an indication - single, pair...quads. 
evil_smiley.gif

What he said. Or pm me :wink:

Wait, what?! I just put a DVD in the tray to watch for the morning - audio session resumes tomorrow night - and I may have missed what you're referring to.
blink.gif
 Okay, see you on the other side... 

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #22,695 of 42,298
I mean that you are right. People who are interested should pm me or state here how many they want. As soon as we have 10 I'll contact my contact
rolleyes.gif

(those interested can pm me for a price & shipping cost confirmation)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back